Blender problem

A.J.

I have this problem in Blender 2.49, since always. I'm pretty sure it's me doing something wrong but I can't understand what. Basically, after importing a nif, work, export... I open it with nifskope and I find that it has added a NiNode on the hyerarchy.

i.e.

Original mesh structure

0 - NiNodeName

|

rest of the things

It becomes:

0 - NiNodeName

|

NiNodeName.01 (or something like that)

|

rest of the things

This structure is not present when I open the outliner panel, I don't know where it comes from. I thought it was something involving meshes (i.e. material), I never inspected and simply corrected it ripping the extra level with nifskope. But now I noticed it happens also when I work on skeletons (no material, no weight, no mesh) and I'd like to understand. I'm sure it's something silly but I can't find it, can someone have a clue for me?

The funny things that can happen on import or export, that looks like what can happen when you have material named as "scene root" but not sure if your getting some other structure. Normally Blender import/export renames any shape node with same name to name.xx but not always.

nif imported and then exported with one material named "scene root" notice it only renamed 1 shape node and left the rest untouched as well as creating a dual "scene root" structure, you can use Block > Crop to Branch in nifskope on "scene root.00" to recover some the structure. I have no idea why it only renamed one node. I tried materials names as "material", "skin", and "Bip01 R Foot" but can only replicate that similar export structure with material name "scene root".

5a500972eb722_exportednifwithscenerootmatname.png.1068da750046b7b806fbd635299c15f4.png

In my case Blender 2.49b Outliner Panel shows the dual scene root structure but not with the .00 on the end as well as showing it has renamed all nodes yet the exported nif shown above shows it renamed only one node. Seems like some things happen one way on import and another on export.

BlenderOutliner.jpg.52b8de66152e920498c2739adfac8c01.jpg

I'm not sure that the Scene Root you highlighted is the duplicated (and renamed) one when you export. This because if you check all the other "branches" below, they all are children of the very first Scene Root, and not the second one. There must be something... silly... somewhere... to remove this behaviour...

I do correct it in nifskope usually, but this time I can't do it because it's a skeleton and I have other downsides to handle unfortunately, that's why I was hoping to solve it inside Blender :-O

Skeleton is beyond my skill set but it does appear like the outliner shows a different hierarchy then what is outpout, my original scene root is node (10) but that is not the node all the shapes are parented to. They have been re-parented to the node that had scene root as material name. In nifskope if you have autosanotize on it will rename all the tri upperbody nodes i have to "scene root.xx" (all of them not just one). Some odd behavior for sure.

Original mesh structure before import, the exported structure is the first image in my previous post.

5a51362777d95_sourcenifmultiTriUpperbody.png.05d58c8d7b949a0c962715b18a31efe6.png

Nifskope autosanatize results, notice all nodes have been renamed as scene root.00 (this mesh has no node with material name scene root), its just what autosanatize decided to do. I have since turned that function off.

5a5136728e44d_sourcenifas.png.e3011ebc5f7d47f045d9e0b33178af3d.png

Sorry if this does not help your skeleton issue....:confused:

Archived