Intel Rapid Storage Technology issue

Snazzishoez

Came across an issue today.  For a long time it seems I've been getting a message on my screen everyday when I boot up my system.  Intel directed me to update something.  It seemed pretty important and started to annoy me.  I gave into it and it stripped me of my D drive.  Sadly, most of everything was in there.  Now I can see that it has what was taken from D drive in the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) app, but I don't know how to restore it. 

I've spent hours trying to read up and it's gotten me nowhere.  I figured I'd just bite the bullet and do a total restore.  Funny story, I lost all my passwords like a week ago.  A little notepad I kept my info on was accidentally put in the washing machine.  So when I try to reboot system, it asks for the password to my email account.  I had to make a new password, but when trying to restore, the new password doesn't work. 

I don't really care that I'll have to reinstall stuff, but I have no clue how to restore that D drive from IRST.  What took me like 1 minute to lose is taking some time to recover.  My C drive only has around 290GB.  My D drive had 1TB.  I need it.

I don't think many people come across this issue or know about it, but I thought I'd try.  I'm pretty desperate.  Most likely I'll have to make some phone call to see if someone can guide me through this.  If anyone understands this and how to fix it, please share.  Thanks.

Yes. I can view it in the in the IRST storage system view.  Though it's not labeled D drive.  The amount of storage for the C drive is listed, but C drive is still in it's original place and is accessible.  Then there is the D drive storage size listed beside an icon, just like the C drive, but the D drive is not listed under "This PC" on my laptop. 

I've honestly never booted up in safe mode.  I can try it though.

edit:  I've tried a few things like resetting my pc and losing a ton of stuff, but still my D drive remains with Intel Rapid Storage Technology.  I can bring up the IRST window and still see the 1TB in a drive, but there's no way to recover it from that.  I took a look in device manager and noticed in the drives a Raid 1.  I have the ability to access that but I'm scared to touch it.  Don't want to lose my D drive.  I really have no idea how that works.  All my reading has been fruitless.  Still trying though.

Archived