Using SetPhonemeModifier

raan_zii

I'm trying to use SetPhonemeModifier in a script I'm making but I'm getting an error:

Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp6"

The function is used in sslBaseVoice:42 (from SL v162), however:

1. I can't find documentation for it on Google, so I'm guessing it's not a native function. I found mentions of RaceMenu and MfgConsole. I do not have MfgConsole installed, but I do have RaceMenu.
  2. I can't seem to find where the function is defined within SL v162 either. Using my noobish knowledge of papyrus I decided to follow "class inheritance" to sslBaseObject but this is where I lost the trail. I do see that the SetPhonemeModifier function appears to be declared, but not defined, in MfgConsoleFunc.psc:4 which is also a part of SL. But I don't see how this has any connection to the aforementioned ssl* scripts.

Despite not finding a definition, I decided to simply use the declaration I saw in MfgConsoleFunc.psc, but this gave me the error in bold above.

ScriptName sgo_ex_main extends Quest

; Declarations for external functions?
bool function SetPhonemeModifier(Actor act, int mode, int id, int value) native global

; --- snip snip ---

Function OpenMouth(Actor who, int toPower)
	SetPhonemeModifier(who, 0, 1, toPower)
EndFunction

An explanation of why this function works in SL and not my script would be appreciated.

SetPhonemeModifier is added by MFG console. That is included in SexLab.

You cannot redefine the function or it will not work.

Just change your code to:

ScriptName sgo_ex_main extends Quest
 ; --- snip snip ---
Function OpenMouth(Actor who, int toPower)
    MfgConsoleFunc.SetPhonemeModifier(who, 0, 1, toPower)
EndFunction

And be sure you have SexLab or just MFG Console installed.

Archived