Sprite editing in BlazBlue Central Fiction?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/17/2020 at 11:26 AM, WTFDIJMT said:

Getting the animations to look right is the trickiest part.

I've still got some work to do on this one.

Mai.Gif

This looks insanely good, wondering if you got it finished or maybe moved on to the other blazblue game?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, not sure if this thread is still active or not but I figured I'd try anyway. I'm trying to figure out a way to unpack (and later repack) the .PAC files for BBCF's character sprites. I've done a quite a bit of research and there doesn't seem to be any available software to do this anymore. From what I've found, Hipster used to be able to unpack these but it no longer works since the rollback update. If anyone has any leads, let me know. 

I've already edited some animations. I downloaded the sprites from Spriters Resource. Even if there was a way to repack these into a .PAC file I doubt they would work with the latest update of the game, so these are pretty much a proof of concept more than anything.

PH001.gif

lc000_00-IDLE-.gif

mi000_00-IDLE-.gif

es000_00-IDLE-.gif

32 minutes ago, reverie draws said:

Hello all, not sure if this thread is still active or not but I figured I'd try anyway. I'm trying to figure out a way to unpack (and later repack) the .PAC files for BBCF's character sprites. I've done a quite a bit of research and there doesn't seem to be any available software to do this anymore. From what I've found, Hipster used to be able to unpack these but it no longer works since the rollback update. If anyone has any leads, let me know. 

I've already edited some animations. I downloaded the sprites from Spriters Resource. Even if there was a way to repack these into a .PAC file I doubt they would work with the latest update of the game, so these are pretty much a proof of concept more than anything.

PH001.gif

lc000_00-IDLE-.gif

mi000_00-IDLE-.gif

es000_00-IDLE-.gif

hipster should still work but you have to do the extra step of unpacking the pac files using a new decrypter included in this post. i dont remember the exact way it needs to be done but i dont remember it being too complex

unPAC_Windows_x64.zip

1 hour ago, hilbo75 said:

hipster should still work but you have to do the extra step of unpacking the pac files using a new decrypter included in this post. i dont remember the exact way it needs to be done but i dont remember it being too complex

unPAC_Windows_x64.zip 878.03 kB · 1 download

Oh awesome. I'll try to figure that out. Any way to eventually import them back into the game?

7 hours ago, reverie draws said:

Oh awesome. I'll try to figure that out. Any way to eventually import them back into the game?

im not entirely sure but i think the game will read un encrypted files. if the sprites are showing up correctly in hipster than they should be fine. if not, the decrypter probably has an encryption function. https://discord.gg/j38Bkgk the blazblue modding discord might have more answers for you (though keep in mind that the server is sfw)

11 hours ago, reverie draws said:

PH001.gif

lc000_00-IDLE-.gif

mi000_00-IDLE-.gif

es000_00-IDLE-.gif

I am rooting for you! These look awesome!

23 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

im not entirely sure but i think the game will read un encrypted files. if the sprites are showing up correctly in hipster than they should be fine. if not, the decrypter probably has an encryption function. https://discord.gg/j38Bkgk the blazblue modding discord might have more answers for you (though keep in mind that the server is sfw)

Thanks for the help. I've made some headway after asking around in the server.

2 hours ago, reverie draws said:

Well, it's taken me this long to learn how to successfully extract, edit and import sprites... but I did it.

Here's a video of Nine's edited idle animation in action. Works with every color option as well.

Now the real work begins ?

You figured it out? Wow dude. Fucking good luck with editing all of the animations but props.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...