Creature Framework Infinite Loading

On 3.12.2017 at 3:00 PM, Tearoth said:

My Creature Framework keeps initializing, no matter how long i wait. When starting a new save, it works fine, and is loaded in after just a few seconds, but here, i've waited for 3 hours, and it still keeps doing it, resulting in the mesh swap not working.

https://i.imgur.com/OPsQrql.jpg

Anyone know how to fix this?

Did you try what the message suggests, closing all menus?

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Since it's working with a new save my best guess is that some scripts don't work properly anymore in your current save. You could try a save game cleaner, but chances are they'd make it worse and break even more. Still, the alternative would be to start a new game.

Hmm. Allright. I'll keep that in mind. Infact, i think i'll delete some of my scripted mods that i don't need that badly.

Thank you, Nazzzgul.

1 hour ago, Tearoth said:

Hmm. Allright. I'll keep that in mind. Infact, i think i'll delete some of my scripted mods that i don't need that badly.

Thank you, Nazzzgul.

In case you hope that would fix your current save, unfortunatly it won't. Scripts are baked into your save, uninstalling the mods won't remove them. The result would be that you still have the same amount of scripts, just that some of them wonder where their mods have gone and probably throwing errors. For a stable game, avoid to uninstall mods and also don't change your load order.  The latter isn't likely to cause problems, but it is possible... that's one reason why i gave up to plan a long playthrough, i don't consider the vanilla quests that impressive anyways to see them again anyways. ;)

Uninstalling script mods however actually IS a problem, in pretty much any case. Save game cleaners are mandatory if you wanna try, but there is no guarantee they get all and they also might break mods still installed, depends on the mod in both cases. But it's still better to use them if you really want to keep your save.

18 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

In case you hope that would fix your current save, unfortunatly it won't. Scripts are baked into your save, uninstalling the mods won't remove them. The result would be that you still have the same amount of scripts, just that some of them wonder where their mods have gone and probably throwing errors. For a stable game, avoid to uninstall mods and also don't change your load order.  The latter isn't likely to cause problems, but it is possible... that's one reason why i gave up to plan a long playthrough, i don't consider the vanilla quests that impressive anyways to see them again anyways. ;)

Uninstalling script mods however actually IS a problem, in pretty much any case. Save game cleaners are mandatory if you wanna try, but there is no guarantee they get all and they also might break mods still installed, depends on the mod in both cases. But it's still better to use them if you really want to keep your save.

Yeah. I'm aware of that. I'll uninstall some mods, then start a new game with the same character. Thank you for your help, Nazzzgul. :)

• 6 months later...

[FIXED: Infinite initialization, Updating from old Creature Frame Work to new version]

I updated to Creature Framework 1.1.0-pre2 and had an notification screen tell me that Creature Framework was initializing.

It was still initializing after a long wait so i reverted back to my previous Creature Framework and loaded an old save game.
Fixed.

[Later] I noticed that my older version of Creature Framework was also stuck initializing because 

the button "Re-register all mods" was grey.

I eventually gave up and started a new game. I updated Creature Frame work and More Nasty Critters.

Then i tried the tool 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?tab=files

Save Game Script Cleaner.

[I did not have to shut down Skyrim for all of this]

i downloaded Save Cleaner v. 2.06 beta. Extracted it into some random folder and ran its exe, SaveTool.

Opened up a save game from my old game that had failed to update to the new Creature Frame Work cause it was stuck in infinite initialization.

Clicked Mod Editor.

Selected only Creatureframework.esm from the mods menu.

Pressed Delete selected mods forms,

and pressed delete selected mods scripts.

Closed that window, and saved it at as quicksave

(deleting the old quicksave first so i would not have duplicate quicksaves)

Loaded that new quicksave.

More Nude Creatures complained it was downgraded to 3.2

And Creature Framework said it was installing

So i waited 10 seconds after all the messages in the top left corner disapeared.

Saved the game and loaded it again.

Eventually I saw that I had 2 new MCM menus.

Opened SexLab mcm menu > rebuild and clean > reset animation registry

opened Creature Frame Work mcm menu > General > Re-register all mods.

At this point it is fixed, and i cannot see any issues.

Archived