Installation Guide with Lovers, MBP and Wyre with Bashed Patch

Make sure your game has been patched up to date.  If you have the GOTY version then you are already set.  If you have an older gave then you will need to install the patch so that your game is version 1.2.0.416

If you installed the shivering isles (as you have) and the beta patch for it BEFORE installing the 1.2 patch then you will need to roll back the exe file so you can patch it.  At the bottom of the obse home page there is a file called "autopatcher" that you will need to grab and then run and then apply the update.

OBSE homepage: http://obse.silverlock.org/

Thank you so much gregathit !

My game was showing to be up to date, which is weird. But I re-installed and patched only the core game with no DLCs , and I did not patch Shivering Isles after I added it. 

Then I continued to install everything else normally.

So the problem was with the Shivering Isles patch that messed up the compatibility.

This isn't working for me, and I don't get why. I've done everything correctly but when I get to activating the MBP file, I get an error reading 'Arithmetic Operation Resulted In An Overflow, Mod could not be installed'. What am I supposed to do?

Either try a different version or try extracting it to a temp folder and then manually install it.  It could be that the OMOD file was corrupted or incomplete.

This isn't working for me, and I don't get why. I've done everything correctly but when I get to activating the MBP file, I get an error reading 'Arithmetic Operation Resulted In An Overflow, Mod could not be installed'. What am I supposed to do?

Either try a different version or try extracting it to a temp folder and then manually install it.  It could be that the OMOD file was corrupted or incomplete.

I know the OMOD file is complete, as for manual installation, I have no idea which files go where.

The files being:

Plugins

Plugins.crc

Data

Data.crc

config

I know the OMOD file is complete, as for manual installation, I have no idea which files go where.

The files being:

Plugins

Plugins.crc

Data

Data.crc

config

That isn't a proper extraction.  You need to open the OMOD file with OBMM, then highlight it, then right click and choose extract to folder.  Choose a temp folder and let it work from there.  The format for installing it will be obvious after it extracts.

CTD at start. My Load order

Oblivion.esm
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
x117race.esm
Chanpon.esm
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversJoburg.esp
LoversOrgy.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversCreature.esp
DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Ashara's Sirens and Tritons.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
x117race.esp
Lop-ears Elf_mini.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

Dunno what to do

exradical,

Post your full load order via Wrye Bash.  If you don't know how then just right click on one of the column headers and choose view load order, copy\paste it here.  I need to see what is inside your bashed patch.

This?

Active Mod Files:
00  Oblivion.esm
01  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
02  Lovers with PK.esm
03  LoversCreature.esm
04  x117race.esm
05  Chanpon.esm
06  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
07  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.2.0]
08  UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp  [Version 1.0.0]
09  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
0A  LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
0B  LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
0C  LoversRaperS.esp
0D  LoversJoburg.esp
0E  LoversOrgy.esp
0F  Lovers with PK.esp  [Version 96]
10  LoversCreature.esp
11  DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp
++  x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
12  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Ashara's Sirens and Tritons.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp
13  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
++  Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp
14  x117race.esp
++  x117Race ENG Race.esp
15  Lop-ears Elf_mini.esp
16  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
17  LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
18  LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

As long as you did not install your game into the program files directory you are good.

All of the OBSE files go into the Oblivion folder.  You should see the obse_launcher.exe and the obse dll files all right there along with your oblivion.exe file. 

You do NOT install any OBSE files into the obse\plugins folder. 

You also should NOT have oblivion\obse_0020\

• 3 weeks later...

1) First, install Oblivion. DO NOT install to Program Files[...]

MAGNIFICENT job, sir.

I will DEFINITELY follow your guidance next time.

Edit:

BTW, it's quite funny - by mistake, I have installed my Oblivion to Program Files (under "c:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Oblivion")[1], being a bit impatient _copied_ whole Oblivion directory (along with a gazillion mods) over the installation, from the old, working disk, slightly changed my Oblivion.ini, activated about 20 mods and, basically, have no issues whatsoever (apart of animations of horses of LoversCreatures or occasional (once per 2 days) CTD while changing anims) - no matter if in 'native' windows 7 mode or with Compatibility Mode set to Windows XP SP3.

...but I am on the beginning of my journey (installed Oblivion again quite recently), so I think I'm going to do it again, mostly because I would like to update my Lovers mods.

Thanks again - I'm really grateful.

[1] and granted myself (I mean, to logged-in user) as an administrator, full rights to the "c:\Program Files (x86)\Games" folder.

I downloaded OBSE and installed as instructed in my Oblivion folder.  In the instructions it says that there should be a OBSE folder in the Oblivion data folder, but the instruction just do not say that for the Steam installation.  There is no "OBSE" folder in the Oblivion Data folder.  Where am I supposed to put pluggy then?

What directory does OOO go into?  I"m using the automatic istaller.  Is it Oblivion or Oblivion/data?

If you are using the Automatic installer then it should automatically install it in the correct location.

Most mods are set up to install to the oblivion folder on automatic and OMOD setups.

Dumb question:

exactly what/where is the Obilivion Install Directory? Mentioned in 3d&e

Oblivion\data\

All folders named Meshes and Textures go there.

All esm, esp and bsa files go there.

The correct thing to do is extract archive files to a temp directory and examine the folder structure.  Some mods have a data folder already and that would go straight into the oblivion folder.  Others just have the meshes and textures folders along with the esm\esp\bsa files and then everything would go into oblivion\data\

If you are going to mess with mods you really need to read this web page (and probably bookmark it as well) so that you can get a feel for what all is involved: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Oblivion_Mods_FAQ

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i stated ob again after skyrim and even though you are not reading this, i said thanks big time  i followed your advice did not do the MBP and it works great, so i have some standard LWPK pulgin moain extender, and sonia II and rhianna as my companions, they kicks ass during day and at night lol.... thanks again 

• 3 weeks later...