Problem with NPC's outift

I have a excellent mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36926

The problem is that the mod author didn't answer any message and wasn't present on Nexus since the last update. He probably abandoned the mod since he promised upgrade soon, and it didn't happen after a year.Here is the problem. There is one NPC that I hired as follower. Although NPC is AFT compatible (I checked other NPCs from the mod and they all work fine except this one) there is no way I can take her outfit away from her. She has two outfits. The first one is her Reduard outfit that changes into nightingale warrior outfit when being hired. That outfit is simply "glued" to her. I can take it off of her via AFT but as soon we change the cell she dress on that outfit back. Something is bringing her nightingale armor back and i don't know what.

I tried to use every possible console command, AFT's outfit command, I searched the web and I couldn't find the answer/help. Now, if you will suggest me to use CK, please don't for I don't know to use it. I'm asking for your help because you guys are very smart and I know that some of you know the solution. Thanks in advance.

I know you said not to recommend it, but really CK is your only option.  Either that or TES5Edit.  It's not a hard edit to make, you just have to find the default outfit data.  Could be a script that forces that outfit change on the NPC on cell change, since AFT outfit manager isn't overriding it properly.  Simple solution is to remove the script in TES5Edit.

16 minutes ago, deathneko11 said:

I know you said not to recommend it, but really CK is your only option.  Either that or TES5Edit.  It's not a hard edit to make, you just have to find the default outfit data.  Could be a script that forces that outfit change on the NPC on cell change, since AFT outfit manager isn't overriding it properly.  Simple solution is to remove the script in TES5Edit.

I see. Thanks. I know to work in Tes5edit but don't know how to use CK.

TES5edit solved the problem. It didn't let me erase problematic armor, but I could disable it and it didn't show in her inventory. Thanks for reminding me to use T5E for I forgot I have it. :)

Any time.  I wasn't intending to be harsh with my prior post, but unless I've missed something in the past 5 years i've been modding then there just wasn't any other solution other than a possible mod (which would have likely conflicted with your AFT installation anyway).  Glad to hear you got a workaround sorted out.

Archived