[Classic] All Dragons spawning at level 50.

Kathonica

I'm using Ultimate Dragons, Diverse Dragon Collection 3,  and Deadly Dragons - those should be the only mods affecting dragons that I'm aware of, and I've used this combination without any issues in the past. Even Mirmulnir is spawning at level 50! I ought note that player level doesn't seem to make a difference -  I could be level one, or level 20. None of the mods seemed to have any settings affecting levels in their MCMs, so I'm not even sure where to begin looking to figure out what the issue is.

Anyone have any ideas? I might be able to find a culprit in Tesedit if I knew what I was looking for.

1 hour ago, Kathonica said:

I'm using Ultimate Dragons, Diverse Dragon Collection 3,  and Deadly Dragons - those should be the only mods affecting dragons that I'm aware of, and I've used this combination without any issues in the past. Even Mirmulnir is spawning at level 50! I ought note that player level doesn't seem to make a difference -  I could be level one, or level 20. None of the mods seemed to have any settings affecting levels in their MCMs, so I'm not even sure where to begin looking to figure out what the issue is.

Anyone have any ideas? I might be able to find a culprit in Tesedit if I knew what I was looking for.

Ultimate Dragons has an HP modifier in its MCM, check that out.

Deadly Dragons does change dragon levels, do you have the patch script for it? Leveling was a known issue in earlier versions.

20 minutes ago, RussianPrince said:

Ultimate Dragons has an HP modifier in its MCM, check that out.

Deadly Dragons does change dragon levels, do you have the patch script for it? Leveling was a known issue in earlier versions.

The modifier is set to 1. It took me a couple of playthroughs before I even noticed that it defaulted to 3x - what a nightmare that was!

I do have the script patch, as well - though I noticed that the Beta version of Wrye Bash was disabling the compatibility patch between Deadly Dragons and DDC3. I'll find out if that was the issue a little bit later when I have a chance to test it.

you should check the leveled lists.  Deadly dragons does not play nice with other dragon mods for the most part... you will need to edit your leveled list in your bashed patch to move over some of the changes.   So open everything up with TESVEdit and expand the leveled NPC list in deadly dragons.. you should see the conflicts right away.

Bash is disabling the patch because it merged the patch into itself..  this is fine. This is a function of bash to clear up space in your plugins. But you need to visually go through the bashed patch and make sure that the leveled list tweaks mesh with what you want as the result.  

You can make a backup of your bash... and try manually copying over missing leveled entries or adjustments based on level.. make sure the dragons are firing off at the appropriate time for each leveled entry.

10 hours ago, Lodakai said:

you should check the leveled lists.  Deadly dragons does not play nice with other dragon mods for the most part... you will need to edit your leveled list in your bashed patch to move over some of the changes.   So open everything up with TESVEdit and expand the leveled NPC list in deadly dragons.. you should see the conflicts right away.

Bash is disabling the patch because it merged the patch into itself..  this is fine. This is a function of bash to clear up space in your plugins. But you need to visually go through the bashed patch and make sure that the leveled list tweaks mesh with what you want as the result.  

You can make a backup of your bash... and try manually copying over missing leveled entries or adjustments based on level.. make sure the dragons are firing off at the appropriate time for each leveled entry.

It turned out to be Advanced Adversary Encounters causing problems. Or, rather - the latest version of Wrye's handling of it. In 306, it would merge lists together - seemingly - based on my load order.

With 307.2... well, I'll admit to not being entirely familiar with the tag system, but the net result is that the bashed patch was favoring AAE's min/max level values over Deadly Dragons'.

Going in to the Bashed Patch with Tesedit and changing them manually should, I think, do the trick. I've not yet gotten to test the changes I made, but I'm hopeful.

Archived