General Projects Thread

Indeed. I felt the same when I first played with the animations in TS3, I never even got to the first steps though. The xml files alone were overwhelming. :tongue:

A lot of people seem to think that animators can just whip something out in a flash, they don't realize the AMOUNT of work that it takes to make these things look even halfway decent. I don't know how classic animators for hand-drawn cartoons had the patience to draw EVERY FRAME. 3d animation cuts a lot of the work out but it's far from an automated process that's for sure.

18 minutes ago, craftyplumbob said:

Indeed. I felt the same when I first played with the animations in TS3, I never even got to the first steps though. The xml files alone were overwhelming. :tongue:

A lot of people seem to think that animators can just whip something out in a flash, they don't realize the AMOUNT of work that it takes to make these things look even halfway decent. I don't know how classic animators for hand-drawn cartoons had the patience to draw EVERY FRAME. 3d animation cuts a lot of the work out but it's far from an automated process that's for sure.

Indeed. Making very good animations takes a huge length of time. But it also varies from animator to animator. Some are quick and efficient, while others are not so much. It also depends on the difficulty of what you're trying to animate.

• 2 weeks later...

Nanashi rig has been cancelled. The author who released the original has decided to leave the community so I wouldn't feel comfortable releasing a modified version of it.

I apologize to those that were looking forward to using this, as I don't think it will ever see the light of day. My only advice would be to try Dagger's rig. It is a lot more complex than Nanashi, but it does not contain the new penis and tongue bones. If you are proficient enough in Blender you can add them pretty easily.

Going forward, I'll be using Dagger's rig to avoid stepping on BrokenSims' toes.

Again, I apologize to anyone that was looking forward to the rig.

Here's a still image of something I started working on a few days ago with Dagger's rig:

ArchwayExhib.thumb.png.855e172a16c8e73c587de068daa2725b.png

I also decided to re-do the animation in the OP with Dagger's rig, allowing me to do a wider range of motions more easily. I don't have pictures of this yet because it's still pretty early-on.

2 hours ago, doxian said:

Amazing work!

Thank you! :blush:

I have something to share soon, after I figure out this problem I'm having. I will share what it is. ;)

16 hours ago, doxian said:

Too bad he gave up. actually the rig he modified (the original is http://kijiko-catfood.com/pose-helper-for-sims-4-studio/) is quite limited. I'm learning how to use blender thanks these animations for ww.
I found the dagger rig easier to use but still lacking certain things (jiggle breasts, penis thing etc)

It is unfortunate.

The breast bones in Dagger's rig are there, they are just in a separate layer. The penis bones are not unfortunately, so you'll have to import the rig and add copy the constraints from the original.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the thing I talked about yesterday:

Rigged_Bulge.gif

It is still being tested to find any errors or bugs. However, I am happy to announce that the rigged underwear mesh has returned! :grin:

I've learned a lot about weight-painting doing this, and I'm really glad that I figured out how to get this working in-game. I hope that many animators will create animations for this. The only unfortunate thing is that WW does not currently allow you to set the sims to undress to underwear in the animation XML, so to see the animation you have to remove the bottom from the sim. (Another thing to note is that removing the underwear is not intended for these animations, so you will experience stretching penises if you do so).

12 minutes ago, Venusa said:

Looks awesome! So glad you were able to figure out some stuff and solve your issues regarding the underwear mesh.

Thank you! I feel the same way about it, sort of redeeming myself in a way. Or at least, that's how my mind wants to view it. :tongue:

2 hours ago, craftyplumbob said:

It is unfortunate.

The breast bones in Dagger's rig are there, they are just in a separate layer. The penis bones are not unfortunately, so you'll have to import the rig and add copy the constraints from the original.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the thing I talked about yesterday:

Rigged_Bulge.gif

It is still being tested to find any errors or bugs. However, I am happy to announce that the rigged underwear mesh has returned! :grin:

I've learned a lot about weight-painting doing this, and I'm really glad that I figured out how to get this working in-game. I hope that many animators will create animations for this. The only unfortunate thing is that WW does not currently allow you to set the sims to undress to underwear in the animation XML, so to see the animation you have to remove the bottom from the sim. (Another thing to note is that removing the underwear is not intended for these animations, so you will experience stretching penises if you do so).

This is oddly.... HOT! And very creative indeed.. I like where you're going with this

5 minutes ago, TheAfterLife said:

This is oddly.... HOT! And very creative indeed.. I like where you're going with this

Thank you! I thought so too. I think I may have some kind of fetish for implicit things rather than flat-out SEX. :lol:

I've finished re-weighting the higher poly mesh. Now all that's left is to create a jiggle animation test, and thumbnails. Then I'll have to write up a tutorial on how to use this mesh effectively since it's quite finicky.

GIF (Warning! Large)

3 minutes ago, Zheur said:

I wouldn't say that. I still have a very long way to go. I want to understand how to do good animations.

You have improved tremendously, and it shows! I've told you this, and now AfterLife is telling you too. Don't doubt your skills here, you've got a talent for it. :blush:

6 hours ago, Zheur said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I kind of like the movement of the first rig. I might delete the other guy and try something else with this one.

5.gif.16b601f938a0a2b342477a41bcf55f10.gif

I thought the bottom guy looked fine, only needed a little tweaking. :smile:

---------------------

I've completed the custom animation for the jiggle bone, just the screenshots and thumbnails now and it'll be ready for the public!

Spoiler

bounce.gif

14 minutes ago, craftyplumbob said:

I thought the bottom guy looked fine, only needed a little tweaking. :smile:

---------------------

I've completed the custom animation for the jiggle bone, just the screenshots and thumbnails now and it'll be ready for the public!

Hide contents

bounce.gif

I'll really like to play around with this one. :classic_biggrin:

What swatches would you like added to the underwear mesh? (Closed Poll)

This poll will stay up for about a week. Get your votes in! These will all be added eventually. Just the order of what I do first will be determined this way. :mrgreen:

4 hours ago, Zheur said:
  Hide contents

A hand job motion. Is giving me a shit ton of trouble.:rage:

I fought with this, hours on end, and the hand movement still looks like nonsense. Barely any progress, I want to quit lol.

Your browser does not support the HTML5 video tag.

blender 2018-02-22 20-30-31-95.webm

Your browser does not support the HTML5 video tag.

blender 2018-02-22 20-32-33-96.webm

Honestly i think everything looks alright! Don't give up!!!

Keep at it Zheur!

I've decided to turn this thread into a general one so anyone that wishes to share any projects they are working on, can do so. I'd rather have a place we all can post what we're working on. I kind of felt like I was on a soap-box, and it was time to step down from it. We can all learn from each-other so don't hesitate to share!