Can't continue a game, or even load one. Pressing 'enter' won't work. :/

Awkward Nymph

I have no idea what's going on.  Cache is fine, just fixed my load order, fnis works fine, have bashed etc...

I can start a new game, but I had a crash and now I can't load or even press continue.  I thought my ENTER key was broken but apparently not.

What could be causing this?  I've had to start 3 new games, and now I can't load or continue any of them...

I have no idea what's going on.  Cache is fine, just fixed my load order, fnis works fine, have bashed etc...

I can start a new game, but I had a crash and now I can't load or even press continue.  I thought my ENTER key was broken but apparently not.

What could be causing this?  I've had to start 3 new games, and now I can't load or continue any of them...

Ahh Oldrim, I dont miss this side of it. Can you go to a very early save to get in then load one of your newer saves? That used to work quite often.

When such thing happens to me, I ran FNIS again, run save cleaner program,load earlier save and try to load the latest save from the game.

If you don't have this mod , I highly recommend you to install it. It will automatically load your game at the first save. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/?

This is the updated version without an ESP  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85443/?

If only the main menu pops up, that can't be a problem of ingame graphics, sounds, animations or something similar. It must be more basic. Hmm... not many mods have the possibility to block a keyboard command. Can you still move the cursor and mouse arrow? Can you activate other menu points (not sure if you can create new games and just not load them, or not enter the game at all).

Just an idea: If something like the console is up, you can't use the enter key either. Might be a shot in the dark, but the problem could be at that level, not on your actuall seting / mod. Do you use the normal start? Did you alter your setup concerning the start (like disabling the logos - maybe additional settings that could alter the standard)?

Sorry, lots of ideas. Only brainstorming from my side. Hope, something helps.

If only the main menu pops up, that can't be a problem of ingame graphics, sounds, animations or something similar. It must be more basic. Hmm... not many mods have the possibility to block a keyboard command. Can you still move the cursor and mouse arrow? Can you activate other menu points (not sure if you can create new games and just not load them, or not enter the game at all).

Just an idea: If something like the console is up, you can't use the enter key either. Might be a shot in the dark, but the problem could be at that level, not on your actuall seting / mod. Do you use the normal start? Did you alter your setup concerning the start (like disabling the logos - maybe additional settings that could alter the standard)?

Sorry, lots of ideas. Only brainstorming from my side. Hope, something helps.

Thanks  :)  

Yeah, new game is fine, but when I crash or exit the game and try to reload.  Can't click or even press 'enter' to get to Continue or even load a save. Peculiar but a pain.

I also had a crash from a C++ issue so that might have caused it, I'll test it later and see for sure.

Archived