I don't know what happened

I did everything I could not to have to do this, but I've done everything in my power to figure this out over the last month or so, and I simply can't figure it out.

Last night the game worked perfectly fine. This morning when I woke up, without making a single change to it, it started crashing immediately after loading, whether it be a new game or a loaded one. I know there are a lot of mods, but it was working flawlessly last night. 60 frames and no crashes, whatsoever.

If I load an already saved game it will play for maybe a minute before crashing. If I start a new game, it crashes immediately after character creation. I've done everything I know to do, I've even deleted and reinstalled the game a few times. but I have a feeling my issue is more simple than I can figure out. LOOT found absolutely no conflicts and organized everything perfectly fine. If anyone sees anything that may fix my problem, please let me know, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

EDIT: I also want to mention, that I only use about a quarter of Skyrim's allocated memory, so I know that isn't the issue... (This time).

https://modwat.ch/u/Majincody/plugins
https://modwat.ch/u/Majincody/ini
https://modwat.ch/u/Majincody/prefsini

It worked yesterday and not today?  Are you sure you didn't accept any updates to any components on your system?  Like GPU drivers, Windows updates on shut down, etc?

I've had issues like this myself with a a homebrew rig.  One day, everything is fine, the next - i get windows issues, not just in games.  A reboot seems to reboot the issue though.

It worked perfectly fine last night, and I have had no updates, I even looked into that and nothing has been updated on my PC in the last 24 hours.

EDIT: I may have changed my enb from poupouri to Sharpshooter, but I can't remember if that was today or yesterday.

EDIT 2: I looked into it and made sure, I changed my enb from Poupouri to Sharpshooter, this morning. I made sure to delete every file from Poupouri before changing over. 

I don't want it to be borked... (again).

Seven dollars to the man who helps me fix it.

Come'on guys, the Rock built an empire on seven dollars. Don't pass up this kind of money.

EDIT: UPDATE: I reinstalled DirectX Runtime, something, something, and I actually got to play for about five minutes, before it crashed again. That's about five minutes longer than it was letting me play.

EDIT: UPDATE 2: That was a one off. It's playing with me... I have stopped playing the game and it has begun playing me.

I don't want it to be borked... (again).

Seven dollars to the man who helps me fix it.

Come'on guys, the Rock built an empire on seven dollars. Don't pass up this kind of money.

EDIT: UPDATE: I reinstalled DirectX Runtime, something, something, and I actually got to play for about five minutes, before it crashed again. That's about five minutes longer than it was letting me play.

EDIT: UPDATE 2: That was a one off. It's playing with me... I have stopped playing the game and it has begun playing me.

Cut & Paste your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini in a different folder to save them as a backup just in case.  Then open the vanilla Skyrim launcher to generate new .ini files, make graphical changes here if you want.  Close the vanilla launcher and relaunch Skyrim using SKSE.  Test again.  Sometimes if your computer doesn't shut off properly after a bout in Skyrim the .ini files can get messed up for some reason.  This happened to me a couple times and I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out why Skyrim kept crashing.  I replaced every file until one day I realized the only thing I haven't replaced were the .ini files.  So I did that and voila!  It worked.  Nowadays, I save .ini files as backup.  Everyone should do this.

If this doesn't solve it, post your skse.ini (located in Skyrim\Data\SKSE) and your enblocal.ini settings here and I'll take a gander at it.  

Also, how have you been working on this for a whole month if you also claim the game was working fine just last night?

So it worked, then it didn't and you changed the ENB....  I'd recommend completley removing the ENB and all associated files.  Good news there is that there should be files that are part of the ENB that the game needs to function.  You've basically got an issue with something you added to the game, right.  Remove that thing, get the game working and stable.  Then and only then, put that thing back and test again.

To remove Poupori ENB extneded:

1. Delete d3d9.dll and enbhost.dll from you ../Skryim directory

2. Remove all these files/folders from your ../Skyrim directory

enbseries (folder)

injFX_Shaders (folder)
SweetFX (folder)
d3d9.fx
d3d9_SFX.dll
d3d9_SFX_FXAA.dll
dxgi.dll
dxgi.fx
effect.txt
enbbloom.fx
enbeffect.fx
enbeffectprepass.fx
enblens.fx
enblensmask.png
enblocal.ini
enbpalette.bmp
enbraindrops.tga
enbseries.ini
enbsunsprite.fx
enbsunsprite.tga
injector.ini
shader.fx
SweetFX readme.txt
SweetFX_preset.txt
SweetFX_settings.txt

3. Verify any SkyrimPrefs.ini settings changes you may have made (these should be fine to leave alone)
From Poupouri page: (Set bTreesReceiveShadows to 1, bDrawLandShadows to 1, bShadowsOnGrass to 1, and bFloatPointRenderTarget to 1)
4. Re-enable anti-aliasing in your Skyrim launcher (again, you can leave this off, personal preference)

To remove Sharpshooter Extreme ENB (classic version):

1. Delete d3d9.dll from you ../Skryim directory

2. Remove all these files/folders from your ../Skyrim directory

effect.txt
enbbloom.fx
enbeffect.fx
enbeffectprepass.fx
enbpalette.bmp
enbseries.ini
Sharpshooters extreme graphics ENB readme.txt
..\Data\GreenWaterFix_v2withDawnguard.esp (if you are using it)
..\Data\GreenWaterFix_Compatible.esp
..\Data\Realistic Lighting Patcher.esp
..\Data\Realistic Lighting Patcher.jar
..\Data\Realistic Lighting.esp
..\Data\RealisticLighting.ini
..\Data/\extures\effects\fxwhitewater01.dds
..\Data\Textures\sky\sunglare.dds

3. Verify any SkyrimPrefs.ini settings changes you may have made (these should be fine to leave alone)
From Sharpshooter page: (Set bTreesReceiveShadows to 1, bDrawLandShadows to 1, bShadowsOnGrass to 1)

The objective here is to get things moving again, without the ENB.  Once that is solved, add back an above ENB or try a different one.  You can also try verifying your steam cache after removing the above files. This will have the effect of Steam checking your local files and replacing any that were edited with fresh copies.  If that re-verified version works (without ENB) you should be good to go with  adding back an ENB.

I use RealVision, haven't ever had an issue with it.

Cut & Paste your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini in a different folder to save them as a backup just in case.  Then open the vanilla Skyrim launcher to generate new .ini files, make graphical changes here if you want.  Close the vanilla launcher and relaunch Skyrim using SKSE.  Test again.  Sometimes if your computer doesn't shut off properly after a bout in Skyrim the .ini files can get messed up for some reason.  This happened to me a couple times and I was tearing my hair out trying to figure out why Skyrim kept crashing.  I replaced every file until one day I realized the only thing I haven't replaced were the .ini files.  So I did that and voila!  It worked.  Nowadays, I save .ini files as backup.  Everyone should do this.

If this doesn't solve it, post your skse.ini (located in Skyrim\Data\SKSE) and your enblocal.ini settings here and I'll take a gander at it.  

Also, how have you been working on this for a whole month if you also claim the game was working fine just last night?

I was working on it for a month, up until that night, when it began working. And then the day after failed, which I'm assuming was a failure attributed to my switching of the ENB.

Your recommendation worked. And I appreciate the help, thank you.

I was working on it for a month, up until that night, when it began working. And then the day after failed, which I'm assuming was a failure attributed to my switching of the ENB.

Your recommendation worked. And I appreciate the help, thank you.

Please mark as resolved so others may know.  Thank you.

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, Tegelmastaren said:

Hi

I get the CTD when entering Bee and Barb, anyone knows what mod causes this?

You seem to have posted your issue as a reply to a thread about something completely different from over 3 and a half years ago.  Please make a new thread next time but for now, you will need to provide more info before anyone here can help you.

1. are you on LE or SE  (if you are on SE, please post the question to the SE tech support forum)

2. If you are on LE (Legendary Edition, a.k.a. 'Oldrim') please post your mod load order in a spoiler tag or text file

3. Does the issue happen on an earlier save file, or if you make a new character?

4. Have you changed/added/removed any mods mid play-through?

5. Have you tried turning it off and on again?  :)

Anything else you can tell us about your setup would help as well.