The Other Bodies

Guest thunderroar55

Guest thunderroar55

I've only been part of the LL community since about when Skyrim came out, but that's a perfect window of time for this post to address. When I look around LL, all I see is people talking about CBBE or UNP and their derivatives. People asking for conversions, or new armors, or changes to a body, retedxtures, or what have you, but it is ALWAYS CBBE or UNP or a derivative like UNPB.

This post is meant to inform that there are two other very high quality adult body mods floating around that no one seems to be aware of. I'll have a separate place for each, but the point is that I think it's important for people to know that the options are not JUST CBBE or UNP.

Guest thunderroar55

ADEC

ADEC can be found on the nexus, at this location.

ADEC is the spiritual successor to HGEC from TESIV: Oblivion. The author did his research and the body remains faithful to the angles and proportions made famous by HGEC. The only difference is that the breasts are slightly larger than in HGEC, but the body is otherwise very similar.

If you were a fan of the shape of the HGEC body and wish you could have it back, this is the body replacer for you. Seamless improvements have been made; the arms and legs are in the more anatomically correct skyrim style, and the poly count and texture resolution are naturally higher. It even has 3D pubic hair, for those sticklers to detail.

ADEC always has BBP unless the non BBP version is specifically downloaded, and requires no other other mods to make the BBP work.

The textures of the initial download are not the best; they have some issues and and their color is off. Luckily, there is an incredible texture replacer available. That texture replacer is probably the single best skin texture currently available, and completes the effect of the body to an astounding degree.

Images here:

5390-1-1331323303.gif

15721-4-1335467083.jpg

15721-3-1335467083.jpg

15721-2-1335467082.jpg

Details

ADEC is also unique in it's major clothing and armor overhaul, found here.

The clothing and armor is skimpier than vanilla skyrim by a good degree and everything matches the ADEC body. There are also a large number of popular armor mods tailored to fit the ADEC body available from that page.

The biggest selling point of this mod actually lies in the armor and clothing; every single one in the replacer linked above has BBP, without a single exception. Many of the armors simply cannot be found with BBP anywhere else,

Summary

ADEC has a strong case for being the best body mod out there: it retains the shape, proportions, and angles of the most popular body replacer of Oblivion, it has arguably the best texture replacer for any body, it has what is, without a doubt, the best armor and clothing replacer mod, and everything is hooked together with BBP. It quite frankly amazes me that it does not see more attention, especially from the LL community.

Guest thunderroar55

Lady Body 1.5

Currently off the nexus, this is a mod that can be located over at Modgames.net

Lady body is without doubt the best quality of mesh among all the current body mods. There are no seams, the curves actually appear to be rounded instead of slightly blocky, and the overall shape of the model is very, very close to a real human's.

The textures are smoother than some of the more popular replacers for other mods (like navetsea's CBBE replacer), but are of a quality that is on par with any other texture replacer. There is a higher resolution version, but the basic texture is already so good that few differences are notable.

You can see some pictures of the body (nude pictures aren't online, but the body is by defualt nude in the game) here:

s78941016.jpg

s76400279.jpg

s03303225.jpg

s04609058.jpg

Details

The lady Body download link I provided at the top is a complete overhaul: it includes the Lady body replacer, the high quality textures, and a replacer for every vanilla armor and clothing to match the body. It is very convenient in that respect.

You can find mostly cosmetic jewelry options here.. They look much better than any vanilla jewelry.

In addition to those above, there are a few armors that mostly haven't been converted to CBBE or UNP, all of which you can find here.

Summary

This is a body mod that isn't very well known, but is extremely good. It is worth consideration, and deserves attention equal to it's quality.

Too bad those other bodies suck compared to UNP.

Yeah? A reason would be nice.

On topic: I think the general attachment for bodies like CBBE and UNP is because they've been around longer (As far as I know) and the community have been able to sink their teeth in and get more armour / clothing out for those bodies than ADEC or Lady Body.

Just how I've always looked at the difference in attention between body replacers.

Too bad those other bodies suck compared to UNP.

Yeah? A reason would be nice.

UNP's attention to anatonical detail and accuracy is far superior to anything else out right now, without sacrificing a fantastical, sexualized shape.

UNP's model and textures are high quality.

UNP's shape and build matches Skyrim's bleaker, more real-is-brown feeling better than any other body out now.

UNP is not a shitty, poorly modeled anime body (CBBE, CHSBHC, Numenume) or a lazy Poser rip (Lady Body). Though to be fair to shitty anime bodies, they fit much better if you turn your Skyrim into a shitty anime game with other mods, like the ones that turn Skyrim into a technicolor nightmare, or weapons mods that add swords bigger than giants.

CBBE's popularity stems from having big tits and being the first major body to come out. UNP came out more or less alongside Lady Body and blew it out of the water by being better, not by being newer.

Will that do?

UNP's attention to anatonical detail and accuracy is far superior to anything else out right now' date=' without sacrificing a fantastical, sexualized shape.

UNP's model and textures are high quality.

UNP's shape and build matches Skyrim's bleaker, more real-is-brown feeling better than any other body out now.

UNP is not a shitty, poorly modeled anime body (CBBE, CHSBHC, Numenume) or a lazy Poser rip (Lady Body). Though to be fair to shitty anime bodies, they fit much better if you turn your Skyrim into a shitty anime game with other mods, like the ones that turn Skyrim into a technicolor nightmare, or weapons mods that add swords bigger than giants.

CBBE's popularity stems from having big tits and being the first major body to come out. UNP came out more or less alongside Lady Body and blew it out of the water by being better, not by being newer.

Will that do?

[/quote']

tl;dr version:

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE /wrist

Guest thunderroar55
UNP came out more or less alongside Lady Body and blew it out of the water by being better, not by being newer.

UNP was originally posted to the nexus on January 21, 2012 at 5:13 PM.

Lady body was posted on April 18, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Two full months in difference = same time?

That and LB's mesh is as close as any I've ever seen to a naturally large breasted woman. UNP's has smaller breasts down, but LB has the large breast ultra realism corner locked down.

People differ in their preferences. Period.

And the whole "anatomically correct" declaration is complete bullshit. The female shape comes in THOUSANDS of variations, from the skinniest to the biggest you've ever seen. Frankly, one person's vision of anatomically correct is in MOST cases, not so correct to thousands of others.

Personally, I don't really prefer ANY of those currently available.

However, CBBE is hands down, the MOST viable option for "tuning" the shape to something more preferable on an individual basis.

The whole "which body is better?" discussion is completely pointless, and utterly stupid. Because it's a question that ultimately ONLY YOU can answer. But YOUR preference doesn't qualify ANY specific choice as "best".

And the whole "anatomically correct" declaration is complete bullshit. The female shape comes in THOUSANDS of variations' date=' from the skinniest to the biggest you've ever seen. Frankly, one person's vision of anatomically correct is in MOST cases, not so correct to thousands of others.

However, CBBE is hands down, the MOST viable option for "tuning" the shape to something more preferable on an individual basis.

The whole "which body is better?" discussion is completely pointless, and utterly stupid. Because it's a question that ultimately ONLY YOU can answer. But YOUR preference doesn't qualify ANY specific choice as "best".

[/quote']

*claps hands*

someone give this man a cookie :D. anyways 100%, and CBBE comes with body slider which allows u to make any kind of body u want, within reasons of course.

@ Jexsam

UNP comes with high textures? bullshit, every body has them. couse they arent on nexus doesnt mean they dont exist...

And the whole "anatomically correct" declaration is complete bullshit.

No it's not. Every human body ever is based on the same skeleton' date=' and the flesh attached to it has to fit onto it somehow. You're right about women coming in many many shapes and sizes, but it's all the same skeleton, with only the slightest variations, and you can't disobey the skeleton without looking stupid.

Anatomical correctness is absolutely not bullshit.

tl;dr version:

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE /wrist

The guy wanted my reasons and I gave them. If responding to a poster is /wrist, someone call a damn ambulance, I am not long for this world.

Guest thunderroar55

And the whole "anatomically correct" declaration is complete bullshit. The female shape comes in THOUSANDS of variations' date=' from the skinniest to the biggest you've ever seen. Frankly, one person's vision of anatomically correct is in MOST cases, not so correct to thousands of others.

[/quote']

I agree that the final decision must come down to player choice, but your other points are wrong.

Anatomically correct in the sense that both Jexsam and I have been using it simply means "not physically impossible without non-natural alterations." UNP and LB both fit that definition, while the others largely do not. CBBE breasts simply don't work without either an invisible push up bra or non-human materials in the breasts; gravity still has to work, ans the breasts are too big to be so perky without some form of non-natural aid.

Secondly, when I bring up points of discussion for a body having certain qualities better than others it's usually details that are objective, not subjective. The actual physical shape of the mesh, the smoothness and roundness of the form, are things that can be judged without personal taste coming into play. People are not polygons, they're rounded. Most of the CBBE meshes I've seen have issues on the curves, as do UNP and UNPB. They simply aren't as smooth as LB.

Also, while I disagree entirely with your conclusion, jexsam, the merits of some of your points in favor of UNP are correct. The arguments against other body types except for CBBE being anatomically incorrect are not.

This wasn't intended to be a "which body is best" thread, it was simply to increase awareness that other body mods that are very good exist, and to showcase their strongest points fairly. Each major body mod (and each major derivative) does at least one thing better than any any other body or derivative. I simply think that the LL community acts like only two good body mods exist when there are really more, so I made this thread to let people know about them.

And the whole "anatomically correct" declaration is complete bullshit.

No it's not. Every human body ever is based on the same skeleton' date=' and the flesh attached to it has to fit onto it somehow. You're right about women coming in many many shapes and sizes, but it's all the same skeleton, with only the slightest variations, and you can't disobey the skeleton without looking stupid.

Anatomical correctness is absolutely not bullshit.

[/quote']

Yes, it is.

The human skeleton is a frame. Nothing more. It's as various in shape and size as any other part of the human body. Never heard the terms "big boned" or "small framed" I take it? Anatomically correct doesn't mean what you think it means.

Anatomically correct means "the right parts in the right places". The shape or size of those parts is irrelevant.

Can't we all just get along...

Seriously though, I only started fooling around with mods in march. CBBE was first one I used. I liked the bounce and the size, and at the time I don't think UNPB was available. But after some time, I grew tired of the Lolo Ferrari look to all the NPCs. Plus the skimpy armors available with too illogical (living in frozen wastes and the guards are wearing a beach towel with a belt, and they're complaining about being cold... KillerKeos armor) The one thing I agree with Jexsam is my dislike of the more anime style armors, faces, and such. Not as much as him (grab a beer dude and chill :D) - I like seeing the work other people do with it within the game, I just prefer to play a western European style fantasy realm, not an Asian based one.

Recently I have started to try other body types just to see what the looked like within gameplay. I skipped UNP/UNPB for now, and tried ADEC. I like the look of the body. I also used the Sporty Map mod (not sure of the exact name, but it has added muscle tone for all of the major Nexus-available body types). I like the looks, and I am still checking out the armor - I just started a new game when I changed to ADEC, so I haven't seen all of them in-game. Also I've been spending most of my time in FONV working on my own mod, so I haven't had a chance to really just sit and play Skyrim. The only thing really missing from ADEC is alternate textures like glossy skins, etc.

(grab a beer dude and chill :D)

Yeah. Good advice.

Guess I still carry that chip on my shoulder from Oblivion. Between the poor quality anime armors and the morons calling HGEC an "anime body", I quickly gained a burning hatred for anime shit in settings that are not conducive to anime.

*drinks heavily*

HGEC wasn't animu. *hic* DMRA was animu. Manga was animu. GUTS was *hic* animu. HGEC was a red-blooded Western action girl body, damnit! *slams beer can onto computer desk, cries*

Guest thunderroar55
HGEC wasn't animu. *hic* DMRA was animu. Manga was animu. GUTS was *hic* animu. HGEC was a red-blooded Western action girl body, damnit! *slams beer can onto computer desk, cries*

Woah woah woah! HGEC wasn't anime and you liked it, but you don't like ADEC? ADEC has all of the same angles, proportions, and important features of the HGEC body. What's up with that?

Guest thunderroar55
Yes, it is.

The human skeleton is a frame. Nothing more. It's as various in shape and size as any other part of the human body. Never heard the terms "big boned" or "small framed" I take it? Anatomically correct doesn't mean what you think it means.

Anatomically correct means "the right parts in the right places". The shape or size of those parts is irrelevant.

It's you who really doesn't understand basic anatomy. There are variables in human body shapes, including the bones; however, there are certain sets of proportions which appear in humans, and certain ones that don't. Human waists do not get as thin as those in UNPB without a corset pushing organs out of the way. The rib cage is not that tight. UNP and LB are by far the closest to matching what an actual human could possibly have, while CBBE, UNPB, ADEC, and all of the other hyper-sexual bodies have shapes that simply do not exist in natural humans.

The larger differences in body shape are also attributable to muscular and fatty tissue. There's a much greater tolerance for imperfection and change in those areas. Outside of the face, bones make a pretty small difference in appearance.

I disagree on the matter of UNPB being a popular body, it is hugely underrepresented in the Skyrim modding community, and it is only getting some attention now after both the diano armor and the TERA armors started showing up on nexus.

I agree that the CBBE and UNP bodies are quite popular and cause others to fall into the shadows though, not to mention the CHSBHC body, which I find quite strange considering those horrible rocket boobs of doom it possesses (sorry if anyone is offended, simply my humble opinion :) )

I haven't tried the lady body yet, and only time I tried the ADEC body the BBP part came out strange, the breasts looked off colour somehow, and the motion was very unnatural.

As for the anatomically correct part, this is high fantasy, some exaggerations are perfectly fine, the large ADEC, CBBE and UNPB don't bother me much, heck, I used to play Oblivion with DMRA (although the major reason for that was that it had the best armor replacer and had the only "player-only" replacer at the time, and I played with all the NPC's having a HGEC C cup if I remember correctly... I just wanted to be special :D ).

But I agree that somethings are way out of proportions and should have stayed on the drawing board. *cough* CHSBHC *cough*

Eikinskjoldur

P.S. On the waist of UNPB thunderroar55 mentions here above. I believe it has the same waist UNP has, infact I think except for the breasts scaling to larger sizes above 0% weight, it is the the same proportions as UNP.

I'm not above being proven wrong though :)

*blah blah blah*

None of that nonsense has any relevance to preference. At all. Which is why this whole discussion is pointless and retarded.

YOU have a preference that others DON'T. Simple as that. Your preference doesn't qualify anything as "best". So you may as well stop trying.

Ultimately, it's all still just pixels on a screen.

Wait, people were applying "anime" monikers to body types of all things? I can see it in faces, or armors, or hairs, but I never thought impossibly perky giant breasts, long legs or va-va-voom figures were unique to anime, western art, or... anything.

At any rate, nice info posts here. The problem seems to be a vicious cycle though - since these bodies were relative late-comers, no one's paid much attention to them. Since there's less attention, they don't get many armors and clothes crafted for them. Which in turn keeps attention low.

Wait' date=' people were applying "anime" monikers to body types of all things? I can see it in faces, or armors, or hairs, but I never thought impossibly perky giant breasts, long legs or va-va-voom figures were unique to anime, western art, or... anything.

At any rate, nice info posts here. The problem seems to be a vicious cycle though - since these bodies were relative late-comers, no one's paid much attention to them. Since there's less attention, they don't get many armors and clothes crafted for them. Which in turn keeps attention low.

[/quote']

Exactly.

Pick ANY of the known bodies and make 5-6,000 armors for it. I'll STILL only use it if I like what I see as a matter of personal preference :P

Guest thunderroar55
I'm a dickhead.

See? I can do it too!

We weren't discussing preference, we were discussing similarities to an actual human body and the actual quality of work involved in the mesh. UNP and LB are simply the closest to natural human anatomy and it isn't "preference" to say that a body mesh that has large areas of straight lines has a weakness when compared to a mesh that has no obvious straight lines anywhere.

I did say earlier that preference is always the final factor, but I guess you can't read.

Discussing attributes of bodies that can be quantified and measured accurately in comparison with one another is not pointless, it's useful. It helps in making decisions if you want a particular look to your game, or if you simply want the highest quality of work for certain types of attributes for your character. It's determining WHICH factors make a body type appealing in detail, unlike your "well, I just like because I just do." That doesn't mean that there aren't points where one body type is simply objectively better in a certain regard.

It's like discussing the various face models for their strong points and weaknesses. It's productive, unlike your baseless claims that nothing about the differing qualities of the various works can possibly be discussed to any positive end.

You aren't contributing anything. Your points are wrong, and all you have left are insults. I think we'd all be happier if you simply left.