The Other Bodies

Guest thunderroar55

Guest thunderroar55

trololololol FLAME WARRRRRR

seriously' date=' this is just stupid. i would have expected this sort of behavior from the nexus kiddies.

now, it is time for me to hop out of this shitstorm.

[/quote']

Bye then. I'm sorry it turned into this.

I'm not sure I'd go around telling others that they are throwing around baseless claims after having said yourself that the UNPB waist is highly unnatural, needing a corset to push away organs while the UNP waist being close to what a real one is, when it is in fact exactly the same waist.

Looking at screenshots will show it to be so and even the author of the UNPB mod says so himself in the description:

"The UNP Blessed Body increases the maximum size of the breasts for the UNP Body. The end result is comparable to CBBE in cup-size while still maintaining the details we UNPers love. Nothing is changed but the breast size, and the shape is still in line with the latest UNP breasts (B2), just increased."

Eikinskjoldur

Guest thunderroar55

I'm not sure I'd go around telling others that they are throwing around baseless claims after having said yourself that the UNPB waist is highly unnatural' date=' needing a corset to push away organs while the UNP waist being close to what a real one is, when it is in fact exactly the same waist.

Looking at screenshots will show it to be so and even the author of the UNPB mod says so himself in the description:

"The UNP Blessed Body increases the maximum size of the breasts for the UNP Body. The end result is comparable to CBBE in cup-size while still maintaining the details we UNPers love. Nothing is changed but the breast size, and the shape is still in line with the latest UNP breasts (B2), just increased."

Eikinskjoldur

[/quote']

Sorry, I was comparing it to the Skeleton of female models UNP+Perfect 3.2 model. That's what I had in screenshots of with my character using the UNPB body, and that's what I was comparing the standard UNP body to. You're right, basic UNPB shares the same waist with basic UNP. That doesn't mean that it's a naturally possible human body. It still isn't, and UNP base very much is.

It also doesn't mean that we can't discuss the objective qualities of the mesh and compare them, which is what the "baseless claims" statement was about.

The whole point of this argument with trykz is that I think it is definitely possible to say "Look, this body mesh has tits that are round. That one has tits that are octagons. The round tits are an objective improvement in mesh quality." Even if you prefer the octo-tits body overall, the mesh could certainly be improved and it certainly isn't as good in that way as one that has no obvious polygons where things should be round. His position is that saying one body is definitely and objectively better than another in any given way is impossible. That latter claim is what I was referring to when I said "baseless."

Edit: I'll make an analogy. Let's say that The Legend of Zelda OOT represents UNP and Twilight Princess represents ADEC. Overall, OOT might be a better game (and it definitely is), but that doesn't mean that it isn't outclassed in a few ways by TP. For example, TP has better graphics, more varied gameplay options, better mesh work. Those are objective observations. Twilight Princess has qualities that exceed those of OOT, even if OOT is a much better overall game.

I'm saying that you can look at different qualities in body mods and say one has objective advantages over another. You could look at ADEC and say "it has 3D pubic hair in it's mesh. That's an advantage that UNP base does not," and be correct. UNP might still be better, but that doesn't mean that it's better in every single way, or only better in intangible, unmeasurable ways.

I retain my point that there are certain observable, objective attributes that can be weighed against one another in an objective fashion to produce a logical conclusion that one surpasses another in a specific way. That's all.

You are correct and I apologize if I came across too harshly.

As for the meshes, I also feel that the UNP (and UNPB) meshes are more realistic than the CBBE one. (not talking anatomically though :) more texture or "feel")

After reading your full post I believe we agree in theory, while we might differ a bit on the OOT mod, we agree on the analogy :)

In fact I believe that the less popular mods need more support to create a healthy competition between all the body mods, and that will in turn help them all to evolve and become better.

The CBBE has been a bit dominant simply because it was the first truly complete body mod out there, but I think the others are slowly catching up, creating the competition I mentioned earlier.

Eikinskjoldur

Guys please stop with the I am right, you are wrong nonsense and the insults. When it comes to preferences, then everyone is right and no one is wrong. Discuss the merits or the lack thereof, of the various bodies, to your hearts content but if you can't keep it objective then don't post.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Greg

Guest thunderroar55

You are correct and I apologize if I came across too harshly.

As for the meshes' date=' I also feel that the UNP (and UNPB) meshes are more realistic than the CBBE one. (not talking anatomically though :) more texture or "feel")

[/quote']

I'm weird in this way, but I like being shown that I'm wrong. I hate being told I'm wrong because without proof, it's a waste of my time; however, if I'm shown that I'm wrong, all it means is that I'm less likely to be wrong in the future. It's just improving myself, and I enjoy that process.

As for body shapes, the UNP base one is actually very close to a very athletic and healthy, if otherwise average female, provided the slider stays under about 40%. Almost all of the major mesh texture groups depict a female who has a body fat around 14-17%, which is incredibly low for a female.

For a good reference point, most of the female olympians from the past weeks have body fat percentages around 9-13%, which is so unhealthily low for females that, not only do they have no tits, most do not have functioning menstrual cycles. Their bodies don't have the appropriate raw materials or excess energy to support it.

To Greg, I'm trying very hard to keep the discussion to the various merits of the bodies when compared, but it isn't easy to not respond in kind when someone takes a relatively tame statement of disagreement and quotes it as "blah blah blah, [your] discussion is retarded."

To Greg' date=' I'm trying very hard to keep the discussion to the various merits of the bodies when compared, but it isn't easy to not respond in kind when someone takes a relatively tame statement of disagreement and quotes it as "blah blah blah, [your'] discussion is retarded."

That is what the report button is for. ;)

Bah! The unfortune of being the last post on a previous page :)

I edited my post a bit after reading your full post where I bring some extra thought to my stand.

I concur with the females in the Olympics generally not representing a healthy normal woman (even one who is athletic), and that the UNP body comes closer to what I'd consider a fit female body.

But my personal preferences are for a bit of high fantasy and a slightly exaggerated porportions, which is why I prefer the UNPB body, just keep in mind that even though it can go to 100% weight, it doesn't mean you have to :) In fact I think the sizes from 50% to 70% look best for a "fantastical" figure (with 50% being close to 100% normal UNP)

But as stated before I agree that all the bodies have merits and I hope they continue to evolve towards that "perfect" body.

Eikinskjoldur

Guest thunderroar55

Bah! The unfortune of being the last post on a previous page :)

I edited my post a bit after reading your full post where I bring some extra thought to my stand.

I concur with the females in the Olympics generally not representing a healthy normal woman (even one who is athletic)' date=' and that the UNP body comes closer to what I'd consider a fit female body.

But my personal preferences are for a bit of high fantasy and a slightly exaggerated porportions, which is why I prefer the UNPB body, just keep in mind that even though it can go to 100% weight, it doesn't mean you have to :) In fact I think the sizes from 50% to 70% look best for a "fantastical" figure (with 50% being close to 100% normal UNP)

But as stated before I agree that all the bodies have merits and I hope they continue to evolve towards that "perfect" body.

Eikinskjoldur

[/quote']

On that, I can agree.

So which body do you like best and why?

How bout like least and why?

For me I like Lady Body best because it's human in proportion, but with nice, full, round breasts that don't defy gravity, and it has the mesh with the fewest flaws/mistakes among any of the body mods.

I like CBBE least because the breasts look like implants, they defy gravity, and the mesh has lots of little errors that make the curves of the body a series of noticeably straight lines instead of an actual curve.

Right now my favorite body is UNPB for the player character if I'm playing a female character, for NPC's I prefer normal UNP.

Why? Not easy to say, I suppose it is the kind of athletic yet big breasted body that was popular in fantasy art and settings when I was a teenager (Heavy Metal F.A.K.K, Almost all females in comics at that time) and it is not limited to big breasts only as the 0% weight is the same size as 0% UNP.

As for my least favorite, it would have to be the CHSBHC body mostly because of those monstrous gravity ignoring rocket boobs, no matter how I've tried to be open minded about that mod it just can't stand it, it's almost as if someone drove two sticks through the back and into the nipples... even though that might just be my memory exaggerating my distaste for that body mod.

I have yet to try the Lady Body, I have to give it try I suppose before I judge it, but while the pictures I've seen usually do show off a good shape, it also seems smaller than what I'm used to in a fantasy setting. Perhaps all the pictures I've seen have been with the size set to small though.

Eikinskjoldur

P.S. In retrospect I just realized that my favorite fantasy artists from that time were probably Luis Royo and Todd Lockwood, and they were usually quite tame in the breast sizes of their subjects. I think I'll have to give the lady body a try and see how it compares.

It's not the small size that keeps me away, it's more the idea of having only small sizes to choose from if I want to make different themed characters. (Don't know if that makes any sense)

Guest thunderroar55

Themed characters make perfect sense. For me, I go with largest breasts for a magic character (they don't do anything physical), large breasts for a thief (helps to have 'charisma'), medium breasts for a warrior, and small breasts for a ranger (living off the land doesn't leave lots of room for excess). That's how I play it.

You said something about a perfect body mesh earlier. To me, that would be a body that, if we removed color and texture differences, could not be differentiated from an appropriately fit, athletic, and shapely real human body by most observers.

The guy wanted my reasons and I gave them. If responding to a poster is /wrist' date=' someone call a damn ambulance, I am not long for this world.

[/quote']

It really comes down to how you voice your opinion. ANIME CRAP OMFG I HATE THAT SHITTY SHIT SHIT lets you look like a raging kid. You could have replied in a calm way - but no, you just had to add swearing and indirect insults towards anyone who likes the stuff you declared as "anime shit".

Choosing the BEST body mod is a rediculous notion.

NOONE can possibly agree to one 'perfect' or 'best' body mod, just as noone can possibly agree on the 'best' pizza topping, or color, or time of year... it's all completely personal and up to your individual tastes.

There are pros and cons to every body type for certain. Even my favorite body (CBBE) could use a LOT of work to make it 'perfect'... for my personal taste. I LOVE the body slide option, the sheer amount of armors/clothes available, the way the nicely shaped hips sway when walking. I LOVE the super slim waist, and nice juicy breasts, and lucious hips... but CBBE has TERRIBLE legs, especially the calves. ADEC has FANTASTIC calves.

My tastes are all about FANTASY. I really don't care too much about seeing 'real world' proportions on my fantasy girls in-game. Thats why I go with CBBE. Other people like small breasts, huge butts, thicker thighs, less curvier waistlines, broader shoulders... whatever the case may be. It's not for ME, but I certainly am not going to bicker over how everyone elses preferences are 'bad' or 'wrong'.

That's just stupid... fer real.

Choosing the BEST body mod is a rediculous notion.

NOONE can possibly agree to one 'perfect' or 'best' body mod' date=' just as noone can possibly agree on the 'best' pizza topping, or color, or time of year... it's all completely personal and up to your individual tastes.

There are pros and cons to every body type for certain. Even my favorite body (CBBE) could use a LOT of work to make it 'perfect'... for my personal taste. I LOVE the body slide option, the sheer amount of armors/clothes available, the way the nicely shaped hips sway when walking. I LOVE the super slim waist, and nice juicy breasts, and lucious hips... but CBBE has TERRIBLE legs, especially the calves. ADEC has FANTASTIC calves.

My tastes are all about FANTASY. I really don't care too much about seeing 'real world' proportions on my fantasy girls in-game. Thats why I go with CBBE. Other people like small breasts, huge butts, thicker thighs, less curvier waistlines, broader shoulders... whatever the case may be. It's not for ME, but I certainly am not going to bicker over how everyone elses preferences are 'bad' or 'wrong'.

That's just stupid... fer real.

[/quote']

Well you can argue about what the most realistic body mod is. And you can discuss what body is better from a technical point of view (amount of polygons, high resolution textures etc.)

You can't say exactly which mod is better from an objective point of view, but for example a low poly mesh with low-res textures and some vertices missing for example will always be inferior to a well made mesh with good textures and without bugs. But apart from that there is nothing you can really discuss, the label anime-ish for example doesn't have any value regarding if something is favorable or not.

What an illuminating discussion. I'm sure we're all persuaded to this or that point of view, and delighted that we're all adults here on this Adult Mods forum.

@ Thunderroar55: thanks for pointing out the ADEC body, and posting the jiggle mini-vid. To me it looks different (i.e. even more moving ;-) than Cherry Hotaling's take on bouncy boobs. Will check it out ASAP for the animation file at least.

Cheers, eh? Now back to the action...

EDIT: Nope, I guess it's CHSBC. Looks great in that vid, though.:)

I'm a dickhead.

See? I can do it too!

We weren't discussing preference' date=' we were discussing similarities to an actual human body and the actual quality of work involved in the mesh. UNP and LB are simply the closest to natural human anatomy and it isn't "preference" to say that a body mesh that has large areas of straight lines has a weakness when compared to a mesh that has no obvious straight lines anywhere.

I did say earlier that preference is always the final factor, but I guess you can't read.

Discussing attributes of bodies that can be quantified and measured accurately in comparison with one another is not pointless, it's useful. It helps in making decisions if you want a particular look to your game, or if you simply want the highest quality of work for certain types of attributes for your character. It's determining WHICH factors make a body type appealing in detail, unlike your "well, I just like because I just do." That doesn't mean that there aren't points where one body type is simply objectively better in a certain regard.

It's like discussing the various face models for their strong points and weaknesses. It's productive, unlike your baseless claims that nothing about the differing qualities of the various works can possibly be discussed to any positive end.

You aren't contributing anything. Your points are wrong, and all you have left are insults. I think we'd all be happier if you simply left.

[/quote']

So I'm a dickhead for snipping out the wall of text when quoting your post? I didn't attack you with name-calling or insults.

I merely disagreed.

As I suspected would eventually happen, this fast devolved into a childish "you have to agree with me and ONLY me" argument AGAIN, as it ALWAYS does.

Thanks for your quality contribution to the community.

Guest thunderroar55

"Merely disagreed."

Quoting my argument as

"blah blah blah."

And proceeding to call the entirety of the discussion of differences between the bodies, something you didn't have to take part in if you didn't want to, "retarded."

No, you deliberately chose an inflammatory tactic and language to address and describe the situation. It was intentional aggravation through misrepresenting my position and dismissing the points I had made without addressing them. Merely discounting someone's position out of hand is most certainly an insult, especially when you phrase it in a way designed to provoke.

The dickhead comment was quoting your argument exactly as precisely as you quoted mine. If you don't like it, you probably shouldn't have started it. I'm willing to follow your lead as far as the maturity of the discussion is concerned.

Your turn.