Ladies and gentlemen, An update on the current situation of this WIP.

• Lore: Written  Anyone feeling up to placing a few skeletons with notebooks around markarth's lowest and darkest places?
  • New slidersets: made These are included in my "new gen" goblins, so please check below this post for updated slidersets
  • Skeleton: Needs to be updated to the new sliderset. See previous point.
  • Chosen skintextures: Demoniac skin. The Fair-mature version with a bit of a shine does wonders and makes the goblins look a bit better.
  • CK: Orpheaned, are you still available for a bit of work? If anyone else feels up to the task, please do let us know! i'm pretty desperate... help!

The male presets:GoblinPresets.zip

The "new gen goblins":new gen goblins.zip

An update on me:

Windows hates my ass more than i'd originally imagined.

After some half-assed update, i could no longer even use my webbrowser how i desired. my modded skyrim folder worked rather well. But after a while i got rather tired from being restricted from even visiting the website from the bloody newspaper and decided to clean up my pc... my browser works, but skyrim doesn't even allow itself to be edited. (it crashes after simply implementing SKSE.)

4 hours ago, shidoni said:
  • CK: Orpheaned, are you still available for a bit of work? If anyone else feels up to the task, please do let us know! i'm pretty desperate... help!

I'm curious, what kind of CK work needs to be done, exactly? I haven't really followed this project that much but from what I gather most (if not all) of the work would be focused on setting up a proper custom race, right? If so, I may be able to help with it.

Not making any promises yet or anything like that, and I'm going to be busy for a while so even if I get on it it will still have to wait for a bit, but I'd like to know what's involved in case there's something I can do about it :classic_shy:.

34 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I'm curious, what kind of CK work needs to be done, exactly? I haven't really followed this project that much but from what I gather most (if not all) of the work would be focused on setting up a proper custom race, right? If so, I may be able to help with it.

Not making any promises yet or anything like that, and I'm going to be busy for a while so even if I get on it it will still have to wait for a bit, but I'd like to know what's involved in case there's something I can do about it :classic_shy:.

What we currently need done is the implementation of the presets (they need to be edited first) and skeleton in this new race.

Then the lore needs to be placed around Markarth.

If possible i'd like someone to take a look at the male presets and tweak them to his liking, since female presets are my speciality.

27 minutes ago, shidoni said:

What we currently need done is the implementation of the presets (they need to be edited first) and skeleton in this new race.

If those presets only use vanilla chargen sliders and not any of RaceMenu's custom ones, then sure, I can do that. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it's simply impossible to have vanilla presets (i.e. in the "Presets" slider of the Body tab) that also affect RM's custom sliders.

For skeletons, do you mean tweaking the skeleton .nif itself or simply making it so the race uses that custom skeleton? The latter is extremely easy so I can do it too, but I can't help with the former.

27 minutes ago, shidoni said:

Then the lore needs to be placed around Markarth.

May be able to help with that too, but no promises because my CK seems to hate editng cells/worldspaces and gets very crashy, so I may have some problems with it.

7 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

If those presets only use vanilla chargen sliders and not any of RaceMenu's custom ones, then sure, I can do that. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it's simply impossible to have vanilla presets (i.e. in the "Presets" slider of the Body tab) that also affect RM's custom sliders.

For skeletons, do you mean tweaking the skeleton .nif itself or simply making it so the race uses that custom skeleton? The latter is extremely easy so I can do it too, but I can't help with the former.

May be able to help with that too, but no promises because my CK seems to hate editng cells/worldspaces and gets very crashy, so I may have some problems with it.

We're talking about custom presets made in RaceMenu.

And for skeleton, a custom one will do.

23 minutes ago, shidoni said:

We're talking about custom presets made in RaceMenu.

Not sure I understand you, then.

There's two kinds of character presets in Skyrim:

• The vanilla ones, selected through a "Presets" slider available in the same tab of the race menu (not necessarily RaceMenu but rather the vanilla race menu) where the "Weight" and "Skin Tone" sliders are. These presets are represented by actual NPC records stored in the plugin.
  • RaceMenu saved presets, available as .jslot files. Don't need to be in the plugin, just need the .jslot files themselves.

What I thought you meant to ask was to take your RaceMenu presets as .json files and turn them into vanilla presets as NPC records in the plugin and add them to the race. That's why I said it can only use vanilla chargen sliders (i.e. the ones that are there even without RaceMenu installed); the game simply does not include any non-vanilla slider data for NPC records.

If you instead were asking to take the current goblin presets built for a vanilla race (Breton, I think?) and translate them to the custom race while still keeping them as RM .jslot presets, then I can't help because 1) that doesn't require any CK/plugin work at all and 2) I suck at creating or editing humanoid characters.

23 minutes ago, shidoni said:

And for skeleton, a custom one will do.

So just the path change, then? As I said, that is pretty easy, so I can do it.

5 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

What I thought you meant to ask was to take your RaceMenu presets as .json files and turn them into vanilla presets as NPC records in the plugin and add them to the race. That's why I said it can only use vanilla chargen sliders (i.e. the ones that are there even without RaceMenu installed); the game simply does not include any non-vanilla slider data for NPC records.

But what happens if you make "facegen head" for NPC-preset?

How sliders will work with it?

59 minutes ago, Azazellz said:

But what happens if you make "facegen head" for NPC-preset?

How sliders will work with it?

Preset NPCs don't have FaceGen data, and even if you force the CK to export it, the game simply ignores it.

When you select a preset using the vanilla method, the game looks at the NPC data to see what values they have for the chargen sliders (i.e. nose length, eye shape, mouth forward...) and what head parts (eyes, hair, beards) and simply applies them to the player. This is also the reason why characters created using RaceMenu's custom sliders cannot be turned into vanilla presets: the game simply doesn't have the posibility to store RM slider data, only vanilla sliders are supported.

The only reason the presets exist as NPCs is because the game needed a way to store NPC appearance data for those presets and obviously using the existing ("normal") NPC data system which already includes that information was much easier that creating a new separate file category for "presets" or something like that.

11 hours ago, shidoni said:

Ladies and gentlemen, An update on the current situation of this WIP.

• Lore: Written  Anyone feeling up to placing a few skeletons with notebooks around markarth's lowest and darkest places?
  • New slidersets: made These are included in my "new gen" goblins, so please check below this post for updated slidersets
  • Skeleton: Needs to be updated to the new sliderset. See previous point.
  • Chosen skintextures: Demoniac skin. The Fair-mature version with a bit of a shine does wonders and makes the goblins look a bit better.

The male presets:GoblinPresets.zip

The "new gen goblins":new gen goblins.zip

An update on me:

Windows hates my ass more than i'd originally imagined.

After some half-assed update, i could no longer even use my webbrowser how i desired. my modded skyrim folder worked rather well. But after a while i got rather tired from being restricted from even visiting the website from the bloody newspaper and decided to clean up my pc... my browser works, but skyrim doesn't even allow itself to be edited. (it crashes after simply implementing SKSE.)

Hey shidoni,

Because of the heat waves, i've currently put my projects on hold. ?

So the PC will rarely turn on.

I would do my job with the CK , but only during "fresh" periods.

I promised that I would help you and that's what I would do, but I want to avoid my PC taking a "hot shot".

so hot in france lately ?

34 minutes ago, Orpheaned said:

Hey shidoni,

Because of the heat waves, i've currently put my projects on hold. ?

So the PC will rarely turn on.

I would do my job with the CK , but only during "fresh" periods.

I promised that I would help you and that's what I would do, but I want to avoid my PC taking a "hot shot".

im a bit confused at the moment BUT, ill ask this, have we made this a custom race yet?  if not theres a few things you can do, just  use the custom race mod, or i can "TRY" to put one together in CK (which i think i can do) and then its just  making presets, and what not work, (which is something i know i cannot do, tried, failed. )  I think the most difficult thing will be head parts id need all the ones you wanna use in the race.

22 hours ago, shidoni said:

so hot in france lately ?

Yes ?

With this heat, the hard drives on my PC are around 50 ° at rest, it's not good for them.

I hate heat and my PC too.

But, it allows me to continue my games on 3DS ?

Strong winter, no more heat problem ?

In fact, what annoys me the most is that this heat slowed down my work and I don't like that.

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, dakingcartoon said:

do you have any ideas of how to make this compatible with mods that draw from race information like MME's race milks and transformation mods like PSQ and better vampire lord transformation/no more ugly vampire lord?

I'll be frank, i don't think any compatibility will be added any time soon. It would require a bit of understanding on how these mods would function and how to implement scripts... 

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...