BBB compatible "Immersive First Person"

umm well, there is a way to fix this, but it means changing the cameranode in every 3rdpersonBBBanimation so that it moves along the headnode. then copy those fixed animations into the 1stperson folder.

but this cant be done in nifskope - you need to do that in blender and do that for every (BBB)animation you want to use.

because every animation without BBBnodes would have your tits stretched into infinity.

i would do that myself, but i have never worked with blender before.

to clarify: i can easily add any additional nodes from growlf's skeleton into this mod's skeleton to make it maximumcompatible, but it wont solve the problems with those animations which move the body away from your 1stperson camera.

Nice job, it works as advertised. You should consider moving this to releases.

I'd like to ask something, though. Is it possible for the mod to use animations found in characters/male/specialanims? Sword and staff animation replacers, and I'm guessing anything else (only made a quick test to see if I'd just CTD) in characters/male do work, but the more feminine run/walk/idle replacers I use for my characters would kind of look silly as global replacements.

I had a quick look at the esp in the construction set, but I didn't really understand the scripts (not really helped by the fact that the notes were in French :P)

as far as i can see, the 1stperson view loads a full body now except for the hair, eyes etc.

as the camera is inside the head, you can see through the texture (only textured from the outside) and you can see your body. it uses all your 3rdperson animations and moves the head according to those animations (or possibly according to the animations in the mod's 1stperson folder) in some animations the head moves away from the camera, but thats only a few and it works fine otherwise. i am using NoMaaM, sexywalk and some other BBB animation replacers. and all animations show as they should.

NoMaam, among everything else I've replaced the original third person animations with work fine for me too, but I'm also using a separate set of animations for my player characters found in characters/male/specialanims.

-Warning: Long-winded and probably horribly worded explanation ahead-

These need an .esp that sets them up for the actors you wish to use them on. Essentially you go into the actor's (=NPC's, also includes the player) animations tab in the CS and select the animations you want (animation files in the specialanims folder show up on the list). Selecting, for example, a new running animation overrides the default one.

I think I've found the source of the problem - the script which (I believe) is responsible for generating your body double seen in first person view - here's the relevant part:

; CREATION DU DOUBLE

If ( Etape == 0 )

Set Double to Player.CreateFullActorCopy

Double.SetActorAlpha 0

Double.SetActorFullName " "

Double.SetIgnoreFriendlyHits 1

Set Scale to ( Player.GetScale )

Set ScaleOffset to 0.5

As you can see, the first person view "body" is apparently generated on the fly by the CreateFullActorCopy command, which means it's impossible to set it up with custom animations via the method described above.

Perhaps there's some method to add custom animations by adding tokens to your double's inventory or something... I'll see if I can find some info on that.

Thank you be pretty awesome' date=' actually. Ridiculous and over the top, but awesome nonetheless. :)

[/quote']

:huh: what are you trying to say? :huh:

That is an excellent question, actually. I was wondering that myself. :P I must have been really sleepy when I wrote that.

Have tried all the 1st person mods I've found. The first one I tried broke my camera and stuck it 5 feet over my head and I'm having trouble unbreaking it... :( Hopefully you have better luck with this project.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some of my animation are now messed in the 1st person view ^^ And my char is sometimes unequiped in the 1st person view although I wear them.

I really don't know why. And Umpa's sexy walk with bbb doesn't work :s

Use googletranslator... sorry:exclamation:

Hi hi!!!

I have always wanted good first person immersion. I tried pfroggy's version but it just didn't do it for me, always felt like I was having an ethereal out of body experience floating over myself.

I struggled with this mod then finally gave up on it too. Then I found out that somehow this mod had altered my first person to the point that I no longer had any footstep sounds in first person. Oh I reintalled my game, I reinstalled my mods, and did just about everything else I could think of to fix it to no avail - don't worry about that though, I'm not trying to fix that problem anymore.

So I went back to trying to make the mod work haha - and I have it working for the most part.

I don't see NoMaam BBB or DR6 creating any problems with this mod and I use them both.

In fact, while the first person is horribly buggy, the mod comes with a built in on/off/re-initialize switch that will fix almost all your in-game problems. Sometimes it is necessary to deactive the mod, save your game, exit, then load the game and reactivate it (done by bringing up your journal and pushing the * key).

Also I use the skeleton Deadsomething put on the initial post

@Deadsomething - Thanks!

Since I've gotten used to this mod and its quirks I barely notice them anymore, and the immersion level both in first and third person with this mod is crazy awesome!

Although BOSS keeps trying to put the esp high in my load order, I have found it functions best very low, just above DR6.

Finally another last bit of advice to anyfur wanting to use this mod: The best way to get the view I wanted was to run it along with mod that locks my field of view - I can't find the esp on TESNexus to link it at the moment, nor remember its name (sorry) but if you jsut do some looking you'll find it.

I have an esp called FOV75 - and it gives me a great and realistic first person view.

The point of my post: This mod hates NudeShyX and RaperS - several times my actorcopy will end up getting her armor stripped, or she'll start getting attacked and raped (even though she's invisible) and then my whole game just gets angry and refuses to cooperate anymore.

Again, I have managed to put up with much of this - and its really not a game changer, just annoying.

Can anyone give any advice on how to solve my conflict?

@Deadsomething : did you use the nodes from this skeleton : http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/37596 : ? and added it with immersive first person view skeleton?

Im afraid to try it out now' date=' cause from what i've heard uninstalling IFPV can break your game even if its uninstalled.

[/quote']

Just create a copy of your game data files just in case and the Oblivion.ini. If it breaks just copy it back over and your all good again.

That's what I do when I am afraid of breaking something.

...also if I may expand on what I said before.

There are three common glitches I experience with this mod -

1. Body double remains in previous cell at area transition. This happens especially when going through doors in the Imperial City in first person, but its happened randomly in other places too, always in first person. Your body will disappear, when you look down there's nothing there, and switching to 3rd person will reveal no body - you have dissappeared! Worse still, the commands allowing you to disable ImmersiveFirstPersonView will cease to funtcion.

I don't know anyway to fix this - you can save and reload but there'll be no body - I've deactivated the esp and reloaded but when I do that my game crashes. The only way to fix this is to go back to a previous save.

2. First person body perspective changes so when you look down its all wierd and hollow - you'll know what I mean when it happens to you.

This one is fixable - Save your game. In Third Person mode deactivate the esp in game using the command (ie Journal then asterisks). Go to a different space, preferably inside, and reinitiate the esp while in First Person mode with the same command. Nine out of 10 times this works, 10% of the time my game crashes, but usually it will work the second time on a reload.

3. Random hostile interactions with mods using scripts affecting actors in the same cell - like I mentioned before RaperS, JoBurg, Nudeshy, Basic Personal Hygiene and the Bathing Mod (ImmersiveFP really hates the Bathing Mod), LoversHooker (nothing more humiliating as a whore than to have someone prefer to go out with your imaginairy friend) and actually just about every other one of my 250 esps hahaha ... Sometimes its hard to notice, but you might see an NPC acting like they're interacting with someone but there's no one there - that's your body double - trying to pretend not to exist - and well - most of the time other NPC's play along, but sometimes they don't.

Usually switching between 1st and 3rd person will end the conflict - or crash your game, you've got a 50/50 chance - but that's pretty good in my experience with comlex mods! hehe

Or, your game will just crash - one of my favorite (if insanely annoying) bugs is when my body double starts stalking someone using a Joburg script, even more fantastic because I play a female character and have disabled female stocking in the Joburg prefs, but off she goes! And if she catches someone, my game is kaput.

All in all I recommend using this mod - if you can put up with it, the increased immersion experience is definately worth it.

-enjoy!

erm, sure you'll have to manually change your oblivion.ini according to the original mod.

this includes minimizing the distance to the camera at which objects/actors are too close and get invisible or see-through.

it works so far for me.

if the body doesnt follow to a new location, i just do a fastsave or go through another transition/travel and its back there.

also the game doesnt crash any tiny bit more often than it already did with lovers, raperS Jobourgh and whatever loversmods i had installed before.

wall of text omitted for safety reasons

LMAO ... sincerest apologies for creating a forum hazard. I'll give it a try and limit the response of my experience to less than five pages of text ... promise!

if the body doesnt follow to a new location' date=' i just do a fastsave or go through another transition/travel and its back there.[/quote']I cannot, by the way, do a fast save - something to do with the stew of my esp mix and kuertee's autosave/time that mucks it up for me - also, I've not been able to re-establish contact with my ethereal form after another area transition after losing it the first time - I've moved to new areas and back to old ones - its kind of cute because a faceless clone is back waiting for me at the place I lost my body, wierd huh? ... But thank you for sharing your experience - its no doubt a mod conflict somewhere but I can't track it down.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived