oohhh-this idea is nice...I don´t know if I can "figh"t it there (maybe I need a LOD to make it happen..and i need to change the entrance-wow)...very hard to integrate it between the rocks and the wall of city...BUT I GIVE IT A TRY...

Place it here (see pic)

Then perhaps make it accessible from both inside and outside whiterun kinda like Honeyside.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Place it here (see pic)

Then perhaps make it accessible from both inside and outside whiterun kinda like Honeyside.

oohhh-this idea is nice...I don´t know if I can "figh"t it there (maybe I need a LOD to make it happen..and i need to change the entrance-wow)...very hard to integrate it between the rocks and the wall of city...BUT I GIVE IT A TRY...

I think that location would clear ETAC as well, but I'm not sure. I'll take a few pictures I've been meaning to take and post them later so you get an idea of locations.

The Honeyside access would be nice but you'll run into potential conflicts with city overhauls and Open Cities (though that messes up pretty much everything it seems).

I don't *think* anything is placed along that wall on the inside though.

Another place that comes to mind is along the road going north, past the Battle Born farm maybe where the road heads through the plains toward the Talos shrine and the river. Put it on the wall side of the road though and I think you'd be clear of a number of mods that put houses, estates (like the Bath House, iirc) and the skill training college place. I'd just keep it clear of the little wall bit that sticks out up there - an exit from the Underforge opens up if you do the Companions questline far enough.

EDIT

Some pictures... one where the house is now and one where (I think) the suggestion is. The trees I think are added by a landscape mod but the house in the second pic is added by ETAC.

post-544130-0-84970800-1503626957_thumb.png

post-544130-0-14651700-1503626997_thumb.png

hi,

I tested again to open the city-area a liitle, to have the walls beeing changed....this is very tricky and specially the problems of a suiting ground place of the city is an dramatically problem...every house in whiterun has it´s plateau and all the stuff is suiting like a puzzle...it´s that way exactly, that no hair can get between the different parts...okay, I found some "bethesda" -holes, too...but nobody is taking notice of that. The walls and the houses of the city follow a specially mechanic that allows, to visualize the city from far away and of course, if you get closer, by near...one of the helpers are the LOD-meshes with low texture-quality, to prevent the game from dropping into graphically issures...but that´s far not the only thing...i bet that every building has it´s own parameter-construction and follows some specially rules, so that the distance to near is looted in a perfect way...for the moment, I have no chance to figure out this different parameters to get a mod for spreading out the border of the city properly to work (and maybe I/we  do not have the right tools for that)...I have seen some mod-stuff who tried to do that, but always with massive/huge arefacts...LOAD-free cities could maybe be a key to solve such problems, but I BET that this mod also creates lot of new problems. 

At the moment, I cand find a more better place, because it suits perfect. I know that there are collisions between mods and/but bigger objects can´t be put everywhere like little stuff... in future I lldemonstrate ´what is possible, by adding very nice small houses inside of whiterun....(that will be freaky)

I know that a lot of people have their beloved mods inside their gameplay and because there are so many mods, we can´t have an absolute overview against all mod-collision - and btw. I do not like to "free" a place, that is "free" on my own map, -but I think, lot of gamers can also mod and try to change the place of that mod by themselves.

An only alternative is a finally "proofed" new place without any other mod-collision, so that I can place the object for YOU there...but you should maybe discuss it for a while and then I will try to put it there for you. Check that out carefully and let me know...

Hi-that is sadly not working. Not at all.

Place it here (see pic)

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Is it the inside/outside part that doesn't work or the location.

I have this picture from about 90 degrees around the city to the NE

post-544130-0-50269600-1503634270_thumb.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/22/2017 at 4:02 PM, karlpaws said:

Looks nice and I can't wait for someone to fill it in. I've love a replacer using this for the Bannered Mare.

The location you used does conflict a little bit with the Whiterun Exterior Market part of ETAC. Door is still accessible but you walk through a bit of a wheat field. If you could move it ... west? toward the Watchtower about half the width of the house it would look nice.  Not sure if I can do that myself but I might give it a try.

Thank you for reporting, i had assumed as much. This saves me a little time, so thanks again

• 3 years later...