Vadermania ( FP animations and stuff ) [WIP]

8 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Now that AAF is out, it can be. I hope Vader will release his stuff soon!

I already made an AAF package, howver it seems that AAF does not support non-human anims at this moment...

or atleast the wizard does not and i need to come up with something else to test the anims ingame.

Dagogaking already respond me about non human anims. This may work (or not...)

On 13/04/2018 at 10:35 AM, dagobaking said:

And yes. AAF will include support for other races. Technically, it is already in there. You just need to add new races to the actorType xml along with their correct formID. But, I have not tested doing this at all. So, there is probably some troubleshooting that needs to happen there. Will get to it.

I never thought about wizard...

• 4 weeks later...

There is quite a problem to solve with the deathclaw anims, it seems Beth didn't need looped animation on these wich means their havok setup just don't support these.

You just cant call a looped animation with dyn_activation.

Well you can but only out of the initial graph state or ragdoll state, wich doesn't do any help.

I already have some ideas to get around that but haven't had the time to really test if its really working the way i think it works.

9 hours ago, Vader666 said:

There is quite a problem to solve with the deathclaw anims, it seems Beth didn't need looped animation on these wich means their havok setup just don't support these.

You just cant call a looped animation with dyn_activation.

Well you can but only out of the initial graph state or ragdoll state, wich doesn't do any help.

I already have some ideas to get around that but haven't had the time to really test if its really working the way i think it works.

That's good to hear. Take your time and more importantly take of yourself

3 hours ago, Polistiro said:

at the end of Four-Play Animations by Crazy6987 download page crazy talking about animation loop (min & max = 255) 

Thats to tell havok to loop the animation forever.

If you put in different numbers there it will play just this amount of cycles for this anim.

But in order to be looped at all you need to set the anim event to dyn_activationloop, otherwise the anim will be played only once regardless of the loop settings.

Even though i dont know it for sure my guess is that havok handles the dynamicly created files by designating a graph state to be overwritten by the dynamic idle when needed.

The human race seem to have atleast two states for looped and two for non-looped animations because its possible to jump from one dyn_activation animation into another dyn_activated both for looped and non looped.

Dogmeat seems to have only one state for looped because you cant call another dyn_activationloop animation if there is already one playing.

To play another looped animation you need to call a non looped animation first, then you can call a new looped one.

Deathclaws seem to have, well, not none of these but it seems that it was never really meant that they get this functionallity.

The thing i still need to test is if it is at least possible to call a non-looped dyn_activation anim while another one of these is already playing.

If that does not work ... well, no deathclaw anims for FO4...

2 hours ago, Je3ky3z said:

I thought Four-Play has all the physics animated instead of giving the physical jiggling to the Havok engine. 

Physics is a completely different topic.

On 6/9/2018 at 5:59 AM, D C said:

Please make a death claw which uses a human skeleton???

Unfortunatly black magic is prohibited by law in my country.

Seriously, either it's just not working like you think it does or i just don't get what you mean.

2 hours ago, -Player1- said:

Hope to see this stuff soon

Well Soon™.

I just found out that its not possible to call dyn_activated anims while there is already one running.

So i either have to edit the behavior files of pretty much any creature, something tells me im not going to do that, or make every animation loop like 20 times right in the animation file and see how AAF handles that.