Do you play with Deadly Reflex?

Do you play with Deadly Reflex?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play with Deadly Reflex?

• Yes
    • No

DR6 is a permanent part of my Load Order. If something conflicts with it....then it has to go....

Tell us how it works? :huh:

I interested with DR after all this time but i haven't got the courage to use it.

It works fantastically.

You....afraid?!? You are 10 times wiser than I am in the modding scene. It would be a snap for you to install.

I would remind you to of course make a backup of your game prior to install it in case something goes wrong but that is probably SOP to you.

If you decide to install it just remember a couple of things:

1. Do not use the blood splatter on screen deal - it is buggy and really not all that cool anyway.

2. After installing you will need to grab and install the bbb 1st person skeleton fix (dr6 contains a bad 1st person skeleton by accident): http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40482

3. DR6 is packed with a naked body and textures which is very...meh. I recommend not using them as you likely have installed far better already.

4. Don't forget to grab the latest version of NiSE: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/21292/ and then the DR6 NiSE patch: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40336

5. When playing even though horse combat does sort of work, it is glitchy and the NPC's won't use it - I just don't use it.

6. Lastly don't forget to use the ini to custom set your percentages for things. You can tweak decaps and the like.

7. Lastly, I run it (and the nifse patch) at the very bottom of my load order. It will not conflict with lovers so no worries there.

Feel free to PM me if you have any issues.

Once you have installed and are using it don't forget to try the Combustive Convulsion spell. That is freaking cool!!!! You can only use it once a day by default but I tweaked it so it can be used non-stop. I went all over the shivering isles popping apart those pesky knights of order. :P

Obviously the DR6 mod can be found here: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/8273

and it may ease the pain of installing by using this OMOD here: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/26103 (now I have not tried the OMOD so I can't say anything good or bad about it but I would think it would be fine.

Lastly, to avoid items 2 and 3 above you could always just extract the mod to a temp location and pull out those files and install the rest.

Sorry for the wall of text :P

• 3 months later...

Feel free to PM me if you have any issues.

Once you have installed and are using it don't forget to try the Combustive Convulsion spell

For anyone whose game crashes upon casting Combustive Convulsion spell hear the holy words of DragussTheOneAndOnly from infamous nexus:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/281616-deadly-reflex-combustive-convulsion-problem/page__p__3705364#entry3705364

Replace ankleplugs.nif with the one from DR5' date=' that fixed it in my game [/quote']

It freaking fixed my issue (so far)!!! Whooha!

Same here' date=' like greg, DR6 is permanent in my load order. Can't play the game without it + it is smooth and somewhat realistic with Duke Patricks Melee mod

[/quote']

After I read the description of the Duke Patricks Melee Mod I had hope the mod would revolutionize Oblivion combat even further. I was greatly disappointed to learn Duke Patricks remove recoil effect.

Same here' date=' like greg, DR6 is permanent in my load order. Can't play the game without it + it is smooth and somewhat realistic with Duke Patricks Melee mod

[/quote']

After I read the description of the Duke Patricks Melee Mod I had hope the mod would revolutionize Oblivion combat even further. I was greatly disappointed to learn Duke Patricks remove recoil effect.

Then you did not read it enough, eveything is customizable in duke patricks Ini files. Of course put in Duke Patricks archery mod for more realistic feel

[/quote']

Then you did not read it enough, eveything is customizable in duke patricks Ini files. Of course put in Duke Patricks archery mod for more realistic feel

Good thing I have savvy Mailamea so she will inform me on such matters. lolface.png

Any hope someone someday will make BBB patch for Unnecessary Violence II? I think uvskeleton need to be BBBfied but from what fore of NoMaaM BBB said it's is next to impossible or very difficult.

With skeletonswitching off the amputations happen less often - this takes away a lot from Hex's mod.

///

@Mailamea please do post it. I cannot find it anywhere. :3

I did play with it for awhile, but it just seems kind of unfinished and glitchy. Albeit it was pretty awesome once you get the BBB patch.

However i really liked Unnecessary Violence. It just adds a whole lot more to immersion as well as combat stuff. Fucking climbing walls, or dancing like a Bard and shit.

[/quote']

Yet you made a clothing and armor mod which doesn't use DR6 skelly?

Good think I did then :P

All the conversions I made are compatible with dr6, I used my said skeleton when converting them, been playing with dr6 ever since with my conversions and haven't seen any compatibility. Make sure you are using the correct skeleton in your _male and _1stperson folder.

Archived