Loooooooooooooong loading times

Hey guys and gals

i need help, i installed every mods that i wanted to play fallout 4 and everything seems to be in order.

But each loading is so long at least one minute each time, i have searched on the internet and have  seen some solutions posted in 2016 that doesnt really work for me but nothing in 2017

Does it happens to you ? what did you do to fix it ?

Even four play scene take a long time to load between scenes

thank you for the help

One thing I noticed doing this is lots of save files, if you have a load, it might be worth backing up then deleting all but the last 10 or so, for me that cuts load time down a bit, but it is just something that seems to happen, some people get lots of it other barely get it.  Hell my game starting up takes about 3-4 min from clicking start to the load screen then another couple of min to get where I can do something.

There again I get pretty much the same thing with both skyrim and sse.  And the most common answer is switch to a solid state hd, that would be an option but buying 3 500gb to 1tb sdd just for 3 games, well not going to happen, not unless the drive costs drop significantly anyway.

One thing I noticed doing this is lots of save files, if you have a load, it might be worth backing up then deleting all but the last 10 or so, for me that cuts load time down a bit, but it is just something that seems to happen, some people get lots of it other barely get it.  Hell my game starting up takes about 3-4 min from clicking start to the load screen then another couple of min to get where I can do something.

There again I get pretty much the same thing with both skyrim and sse.  And the most common answer is switch to a solid state hd, that would be an option but buying 3 500gb to 1tb sdd just for 3 games, well not going to happen, not unless the drive costs drop significantly anyway.

Yeah i got no problem with startup being one minute long  its when i leave building or switching scene

SSD is a good solution but i remember Bloodborne on ps4 that took one minute each time of loading then then sony fixed and optimize the loading time to a 20 seconds.

edit : i got six saves total and disabled auto saves

Thanks for the help

add this to Fallout4Custon.ini to eliminate FP loading screens indoors

[General]
fMinPlayerMoveToDistForLoadScreen=1000

Yup already did this when i saw your blog but it style make a black screen loading time between scene

i got kidnapped and for the 30 seconds scene i had to wait a little wait between them

thanks for the input

Well i have an SSD, but the loading screens that happen when you enter a building and leave it again (mostly in the densely populated downtown areas) are still very long.

If you watch the HHD LED, you can see that the SSD isn't doing anything for 99% of the loading screen.

It is certainly a fallout 4/skyrim/skyrim se thing, as non of my other games take anywhere near as long to load as they do, even the other bethesda games do not take that long.  And creation club is very unlikely to generate updates to their games, even if they do they will not be bug fixes which this problem is more than likely caused by, it could be a simple matter of meshes or texture problems in the game taking too long to load or sort out by the game engine, but finding them would be a total pain to do.  Especially as not everybody has the problem, which means they are more likely to simply say it is a problem with our hardware/software settings and nothing to do with the games themselves.

Bethesda should update/bug fixes their games have a long life because of the  great modders (respects for all of you, i have a hard time at it is why xedit :P), that is even why they want to implant the creation club because they want to milk a lot more money.  They see an oppurtunity to profit

They could invest some programmers to makes somes fixes quaterly or twice a years

Skyrim 2011 and still going, Skyrim SE 2016 and growing and Fallout 2015 and growing

They should be thankful for the consumers and modders that still inject time in thoses games and improves constantly the games.

Maybe i live in a dreamworld :) 

Bethesda should update/bug fixes their games have a long life because of the  great modders (respects for all of you, i have a hard time at it is why xedit :P), that is even why they want to implant the creation club because they want to milk a lot more money.  They see an oppurtunity to profit

They could invest some programmers to makes somes fixes quaterly or twice a years

Skyrim 2011 and still going, Skyrim SE 2016 and growing and Fallout 2015 and growing

They should be thankful for the consumers and modders that still inject time in thoses games and improves constantly the games.

Maybe i live in a dreamworld :)

Problem is of course bug fixes and update cost money and do not generate more, which is why most games stop getting them 1-2 years after their release, multiplayer and online games of course work differently due to their longer life span so to speak.

Though to be honest the dlc came out a lot quicker than I would have expected them, normally you would have expected 4-5 dlcs to be released over a year or two not all with what 6-8 months?

I know right ? 

Maybe they will take a wait and see approach with the creation club if the profit are there or if customers dont give their money

I am curious about the cost of theses micro-addons because the way i read it, when they accept modders they starts to pay them for development 

I use MO2 and often start new games to try out mods or combos. It seems to me my load times go up as I add larger settlement mods especially after just installing them, that first time in on my older pc I could go fix lunch while waiting. No idea if its a cause or symptom.

I use MO2 and often start new games to try out mods or combos. It seems to me my load times go up as I add larger settlement mods especially after just installing them, that first time in on my older pc I could go fix lunch while waiting. No idea if its a cause or symptom.

Could be the game slowing down when loading all the ba2 starting with the main ones then adding and overwriting with the newer ones, something similar was mentioned on another thread and the person said what he did was unpack all the ba2, the add each one to a merge pack mod by mod overwriting the meshes and textures with the replacer until finished then creating a dummy file just to load the new merged ba2 file, though he was on about texture replacers and sse.

Archived