Sims 4 Sim DVA from Overwatch

djini21

View File

Hi fellow simmers.

Here's another one I've made: DVA from Overwatch. Made her facial features myself but as usual, custom content for clothes and genetics are from others much more accomplished than myself.
Give them respect and love.

I don't play Overwatch but have watched a bit of it, and thought D.VA was pretty hot, especially with cosplayers and fanart.

Thought it would be nice to have a celebrity wandering through my sim world that I could force into unspeakable acts......

Hope you do too.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/15/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sims 4 (all expansions and updates)

As a D.Va main, I approve! n_n You did a great job she looks so cute!

But I'm not sure about the yukata formal wear. If you wanted her to dress traditionally for special occasions, I'd rather go with something Korean, like a hanbok. Like... this one! It looks very similar to her New Year skin in OW!

As a D.Va main, I approve! n_n You did a great job she looks so cute!

But I'm not sure about the yukata formal wear. If you wanted her to dress traditionally for special occasions, I'd rather go with something Korean, like a hanbok. Like... this one! It looks very similar to her New Year skin in OW!

Hi Princessity,

Good idea! Well I really didn't know much about her and her background. I thought just an asian looking dress looked pretty hot, but something more to do with OW would be even better!

And kinomi, all the cc is included in the files when you download her. Let me know if you have any troubles.

And kinomi, all the cc is included in the files when you download her. Let me know if you have any troubles.

Umm this kinda goes against modding etiquette. Especially not crediting anyone whose CC you bundled in with your download, which can be seen as stealing.

Whenever possible it's better form to link to the original sources instead of including the files in your download. Unless you had to alter the files to make them work, there's usually no reason to bundle them in. I just examined the files and many of their authors (S-Club, Kijiko, Pralinesims, just to name a few) do not allow redistribution of their CC under any circumstances.

And at the very, very least everyone needs to be credited, it's non-negotiable.

Umm this kinda goes against modding etiquette. Especially not crediting anyone whose CC you bundled in with your download, which can be seen as stealing.

Whenever possible it's better form to link to the original sources instead of including the files in your download. Unless you had to alter the files to make them work, there's usually no reason to bundle them in. I just examined the files and many of their authors (S-Club, Kijiko, Pralinesims, just to name a few) do not allow redistribution of their CC under any circumstances.

And at the very, very least everyone needs to be credited, it's non-negotiable.

Hmmmm I can definite credit everyone. Haven't done this before so sorry about stepping on anyone's toes.  I had only known about my own experiences - downloading sims from various sites and having links to their cc but then the link being broken so you are unable to get all the content and so get a half-broken sim....which is a bit annoying. Then I found some sites where you could download the entire sim and thought 'wow that makes things so much easier!' I do understand cc creators do get money from the more clicks they get so in a way I'm decreasing their income. But I'm definitely not trying to steal their work, claim it as my own or profit off their work.

But fair enough. I'll work to add all the links I can find but I would rather still keep being able to have all the cc as an option to download. But I guess if the hammer comes down, I'll have to remove them and then if people can't get all the cc, then I'll have to hunt it down for them :D

@Djini21

the cc creators, modders and cc police might not like it, and will probably hate me for this. but i'm not well liked anyway, not the first time i pissed off a creator community and being that i'm mentally ill, i probably just wont care anyway. but i and i'm sure others appreciate people like you who include cc with their sims. i rarely download sims just for the fact that it annoys the hell out of me to have to click 50 links to download all the crap and then realize at link 42 and 44 that the links are dead making the download worthless.

which happened to me a few weeks ago, after spending an hour and a half chasing down all the links and jumping thru all the hoops that come with em for this one sim i just had to have, i finally get to CAS and what do i see? no hair, no makeup, default underwear under every outfit category except everyday. so after all that i basically ended up with a very pretty shaped blank mold which i then had to spend more hours making her as if she was my own. but there wasnt any satisfaction out of it, cause she wasnt the sim i was trying to download and didnt look anything like her when i was done. i might not have got what i wanted after hours of trying but atleast the cc police could rest well that the specific sim i tried to download was respectfully posted with no content and links.

I dont need to go thru adfly and then be told to disable my adblock, then reload adfly to get a popup as well as be taken to an advertisement link instead of the actual link when i click skip ad, then go back to original adfly page again to get another popup finally i skip ad and i'm taken to another description page that links me to another adfly, popup and hopefully the download itself to see who made the cc. i can read the CAS icon and see the same thing.

i dont need to goto TSR to be told to disable adblock and then have to wait for 10 ads to load to see the page then click the link and told im gonna wait 10 seconds for download when actually by the time the ads load and the lag it actually takes more like 20 to 30 seconds adding up to like a minute when i could have just looked in CAS at the icon and seen who its made by.

then if i decide after actually seeing the items in cas and really like the work by the person, i am free to look them up and see if they accept donations. rather than being forced to look at some bullcrap pics on some website thinking OMG look at these pics, the items look so beautiful and so real, then get to CAS and realize well those beautiful pics i seen definitely werent taken in the sims game.

bottom line, i just wanted to say thanks for keeping it simple for the few of us that are unintentionally impatient idiots who are forced to accept who we are. while others just judge and try to change us. i'm sure this post will be quoted many times, i wont be responding, but whoever feels the need to have the spotlight, can knock themselves out.

Thanks Djini!

Well I'll do both for now and we'll see what the cc police do. I agree completely with Misfit with how annoying it is, but I do want to credit all the creators. I love how gamers can put so much time into creating content BETTER than the actual game designers.

And then there's stuff like wicked whims....man oh man :D

• 1 year later...
On 7/15/2017 at 6:02 AM, djini21 said:

View File

Hi fellow simmers.

Here's another one I've made: DVA from Overwatch. Made her facial features myself but as usual, custom content for clothes and genetics are from others much more accomplished than myself.
Give them respect and love.

I don't play Overwatch but have watched a bit of it, and thought D.VA was pretty hot, especially with cosplayers and fanart.

Thought it would be nice to have a celebrity wandering through my sim world that I could force into unspeakable acts......

Hope you do too.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/15/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sims 4 (all expansions and updates)

How I install it? Especially since it has 2 parts?

On 7/16/2017 at 11:26 AM, MiSFiT203 said:

@Djini21

the cc creators, modders and cc police might not like it, and will probably hate me for this. but i'm not well liked anyway, not the first time i pissed off a creator community and being that i'm mentally ill, i probably just wont care anyway. but i and i'm sure others appreciate people like you who include cc with their sims. i rarely download sims just for the fact that it annoys the hell out of me to have to click 50 links to download all the crap and then realize at link 42 and 44 that the links are dead making the download worthless.

which happened to me a few weeks ago, after spending an hour and a half chasing down all the links and jumping thru all the hoops that come with em for this one sim i just had to have, i finally get to CAS and what do i see? no hair, no makeup, default underwear under every outfit category except everyday. so after all that i basically ended up with a very pretty shaped blank mold which i then had to spend more hours making her as if she was my own. but there wasnt any satisfaction out of it, cause she wasnt the sim i was trying to download and didnt look anything like her when i was done. i might not have got what i wanted after hours of trying but atleast the cc police could rest well that the specific sim i tried to download was respectfully posted with no content and links.

I dont need to go thru adfly and then be told to disable my adblock, then reload adfly to get a popup as well as be taken to an advertisement link instead of the actual link when i click skip ad, then go back to original adfly page again to get another popup finally i skip ad and i'm taken to another description page that links me to another adfly, popup and hopefully the download itself to see who made the cc. i can read the CAS icon and see the same thing.

i dont need to goto TSR to be told to disable adblock and then have to wait for 10 ads to load to see the page then click the link and told im gonna wait 10 seconds for download when actually by the time the ads load and the lag it actually takes more like 20 to 30 seconds adding up to like a minute when i could have just looked in CAS at the icon and seen who its made by.

then if i decide after actually seeing the items in cas and really like the work by the person, i am free to look them up and see if they accept donations. rather than being forced to look at some bullcrap pics on some website thinking OMG look at these pics, the items look so beautiful and so real, then get to CAS and realize well those beautiful pics i seen definitely werent taken in the sims game.

bottom line, i just wanted to say thanks for keeping it simple for the few of us that are unintentionally impatient idiots who are forced to accept who we are. while others just judge and try to change us. i'm sure this post will be quoted many times, i wont be responding, but whoever feels the need to have the spotlight, can knock themselves out.

Thanks Djini!

I can relate on that. I hate having to run after CC and see the broken links all the time, specially after Tumblr's new policy on 18+ content. Mods that I used to use don't have active links anymore. I know it's bad, but, what else we can do when links are broken? By the way, nice sim.

• 11 months later...

Archived