How does one activate animations from the mods provided

Hey guys, completely new here, fairly sure this is posted in the wrong place, but here goes.

I've downloaded a few mods, namely the framework and Slal animations by Leito, plus all of the requirements. I've followed all of the registry things in the MCM as well. Coming across one problem, where is the "Go" or "Play" button. It sounds ridiculous I know, but I can't for the life of me find out how actually activate any animations.

Any help would be really appreciated

Cheers

You don't have any mods that use any animations. The framework by itself does nothing as it's just the framework for other mods to use SLAL packs are the same thing. To get the animations to work you need to download some mods that use and activate animations or do as the post above has stated and get matchmaker which has a spell to cast on 2 people or mass matchmaker which will cast the spell on everyone that is within the PC's range.

Haha the mind boggles. Once again thanks for the replies. It's still not working with matchmaker. I think what I need is to be explained to like a moron. it simply refuses to play an animation, they just stand there, it makes the sounds and so on, strips down the character instantly upon activation, but for the life of me I cannot work out how to make an animation happen hahahaha.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

(oh and I should add that FNIS says its all good to go)

WAIT, I GOT IT! not sure what I did wrong but I got it haha

Cheers for your help guys

Haha the mind boggles. Once again thanks for the replies. It's still not working with matchmaker. I think what I need is to be explained to like a moron. it simply refuses to play an animation, they just stand there, it makes the sounds and so on, strips down the character instantly upon activation, but for the life of me I cannot work out how to make an animation happen hahahaha.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

(oh and I should add that FNIS says its all good to go)

Moaning actors that don't animate is pretty much always a FNIS problem. Run FNIS again (by the way, this needs to be done every time you add or remove an animation-related mod), and double-check that the FNIS log doesn't mention any errors, and processes all your SexLab/SLAL mods. If a SLAL mod is missing from the FNIS log, you may not have installed its FNIS data into the correct folder.

The other possible scenario is that you have not installed a skeleton, which is needed for FNIS animations. XPMSE is the standard around here, and should work for all your needs. If your player character or the NPC you're using for the animation are from a custom race mod, you'll need to make sure their skeleton is XPMSE as well, by overwriting their original skeleton files.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, SoundSpark I have done all of that. Then what do I do? Its all registered, or so it says, I just don't know how to physically start them.

That depends on the mods you choose to use. For example Sexlab matchmaker... use the spell for NPC... activated it and shoot an NPC then use another spell (I choose left/right so I have both) and then quickly activate another NPC (with same spell) or activate yourself. Then if everything is set up properly you should get some activity. I'd try to use someone very close and not caught up in an game action... (simple walking around etc.. using idle animations)

If this isn't working then you have something wrong with your install. You will need to go back and revisit the instructions to install and setup animations and SExlab again.

Didn't see the above post... check to make sure you have SKSE installed properly and using the most current version. If using MO there are some special steps you might want to do... (install all the SKSE manually except those in the Data folder, then install the data folder using MO so that those scripts could be managed easier later on ~advanced setup if needed.. etc This is in case some mods script does mess up SKSE script for you. )

WAIT, I GOT IT! not sure what I did wrong but I got it haha

Cheers for your help guys

Now you should consider to add some mods that actually use those animations during game play. Matchmaker is fine for testing, but it becomes quite boring fast. Amourous Adventures is a popular consensual mod to start with, from there it usually becomes darker... like Defeat.

Archived