Cock Cages for Devious Devices - files removed

On 6/25/2017 at 10:15 AM, Veladarius said:

I added the allow anal keyword to the devices which is what the DD open back belts use but DD's animation filter sucks so I turned it off in DD's MCM menu.

So, anal is supposed to be disabled? There's any way I can enable it again? I couldn't find a DD MCM option, but I'm not at all savvy with it.

2 hours ago, Grom424 said:

So, anal is supposed to be disabled? There's any way I can enable it again? I couldn't find a DD MCM option, but I'm not at all savvy with it.

No but DD's animation filter doesn't use all of the animations you have installed and instead pulls animations from a list of about 20 positions including ones for armbinders and such. To give you an idea of how bad it is I had a character that was only in an open back belt, nothing else. Half of the time it did the titty fuck (character was female) and the rest of the time it defaulted to the frustrated solo animation. Now, that was in v3, from what I understand of v4.0 it excludes bound males from the filter completely likely resulting in either nothing or the solo frustrated animation. v4.1 includes a new filter that should allow men and larger pool of animations but it still won't make use of all of your available animations. In all of these cases that is the way it was built, instead of filtering through all of your animations by keyword exclusion it just used a small group and then eliminated animations by keywords it deemed unusable.

This is why I disable the animations and cycle through them until I get a proper animation but I believe there is a mod that allows you to choose what animation sexlab uses that way you can use any of your animations. You may want to give the DD filter a try in v4.1 first but if you find it defaults to the solo or other similarly useless animations then I would turn it off as I did.

17 hours ago, Veladarius said:

No but DD's animation filter doesn't use all of the animations you have installed and instead pulls animations from a list of about 20 positions including ones for armbinders and such. To give you an idea of how bad it is I had a character that was only in an open back belt, nothing else. Half of the time it did the titty fuck (character was female) and the rest of the time it defaulted to the frustrated solo animation. Now, that was in v3, from what I understand of v4.0 it excludes bound males from the filter completely likely resulting in either nothing or the solo frustrated animation. v4.1 includes a new filter that should allow men and larger pool of animations but it still won't make use of all of your available animations. In all of these cases that is the way it was built, instead of filtering through all of your animations by keyword exclusion it just used a small group and then eliminated animations by keywords it deemed unusable.

This is why I disable the animations and cycle through them until I get a proper animation but I believe there is a mod that allows you to choose what animation sexlab uses that way you can use any of your animations. You may want to give the DD filter a try in v4.1 first but if you find it defaults to the solo or other similarly useless animations then I would turn it off as I did.

So, by installing DDi 4.1 the new filters would automatically be effective (meaning I don't have to "unblock" anything from this mod)?

I just tried installing it. I used the irresistible attraction mod to force an NPC to have sex with the PC, and initially there's a "now playing" notification relating to something which could well be anal ("reverse cowgirl", for instance). However, the characters stay idle, without the animation playing. Then, after a while, I receive another "now playing" notification, except that this time, it is something like foreplay, BJs, etc. Only then the animation actually starts.

So, to your knowledge, this means that there's likely no solution to be found within DD?

44 minutes ago, Grom424 said:

So, by installing DDi 4.1 the new filters would automatically be effective (meaning I don't have to "unblock" anything from this mod)?

I just tried installing it. I used the irresistible attraction mod to force an NPC to have sex with the PC, and initially there's a "now playing" notification relating to something which could well be anal ("reverse cowgirl", for instance). However, the characters stay idle, without the animation playing. Then, after a while, I receive another "now playing" notification, except that this time, it is something like foreplay, BJs, etc. Only then the animation actually starts.

So, to your knowledge, this means that there's likely no solution to be found within DD?

I was looking into another issue with DD animations and DD includes a number of sex animations but likely the only other animations it would use would come from the animations included with SexLab itself. If an animation is not playing you can look at the currently playing animation and it will tell you the tags that are on it and see if it is anal or vaginal, I know a lot of the cowgirl animations are vaginal which would be blocked by the belt. The other possibility is that if it is an anal animation that DD is broken as far as open back belts are concerned (these would be considered one technically) and won't do anal animations with them. Another possibility concerns males being blocked in animations where a device would possibly hinder things and just skips them instead of checking to see if it can do anything. To check that we would have to know if the open back belts work properly with females. I still use v3 of DD so I would not know. 

2 hours ago, Veladarius said:

I was looking into another issue with DD animations and DD includes a number of sex animations but likely the only other animations it would use would come from the animations included with SexLab itself. If an animation is not playing you can look at the currently playing animation and it will tell you the tags that are on it and see if it is anal or vaginal, I know a lot of the cowgirl animations are vaginal which would be blocked by the belt. The other possibility is that if it is an anal animation that DD is broken as far as open back belts are concerned (these would be considered one technically) and won't do anal animations with them. Another possibility concerns males being blocked in animations where a device would possibly hinder things and just skips them instead of checking to see if it can do anything. To check that we would have to know if the open back belts work properly with females. I still use v3 of DD so I would not know. 

Thank you for the detailed answer ?. I had the idea of simply making cock cages lockable devices but without blocking any kind of animation/activity. It's better than nothing. I tried removing the zad_DeviousBelt and zbfWornBelt keywords with Tes5Edit, however it didn't work. Is it as simple as removing a couple of keywords with Tes5Edit or it is more complicated than that?

4 hours ago, Grom424 said:

Thank you for the detailed answer ?. I had the idea of simply making cock cages lockable devices but without blocking any kind of animation/activity. It's better than nothing. I tried removing the zad_DeviousBelt and zbfWornBelt keywords with Tes5Edit, however it didn't work. Is it as simple as removing a couple of keywords with Tes5Edit or it is more complicated than that?

The issue is within DD itself and is linked to the base device type listed within the script and would require rewriting the DD sex scene handling system so it was more flexible. DD was OK with handling sex scenes when there was a limited number of animations available back when it was first created as you would not notice the lack of animations used but with hundreds of animations available it is still limiting itself by using an internal list of animations which are either part of SexLab or included in DD instead of taking advantage of SexLab's own filtering system and making use of any / all of your installed animations. Unfortunately if you are using v4.1 of DD then the limitations still exist even though it was rewritten (I am pretty sure I know who rewrote it but I don't know if it was implemented without changes).

This is why I disable the filter (and the one for ZAZ Animation Pack) and just change the animations with SexLab's hotkeys until I get an appropriate animation (or I believe the mod SexLab Tools allows you to choose a specific animation from you installed animations without cycling through all of them).

One of the primary dev team members has never been one to include males in their mods and actually would block them and this has made its way into DD. DD v4 was written where it deliberately blocked sex with bound males (at least where it concerned DD's custom animations for armbinders and the like) which was supposed to be fixed in v4.1 but it sounds like there may still be issues with it.

On 6/16/2018 at 7:22 PM, Veladarius said:

Looking at it in TESVEdit and comparing Vivi's original mod and the DD mod I didn't see a difference, shouldn't be since for the DD version I just duplicatedd Vivi's items and made them into the part of the DD item that is shown (script instance item). I will have to open them up in the CK and see what is going on. I will probably download the latest version of the mod and check it against the other two to make sure that no paths or texture names changed.

Hey I went through each cage one by one and they all have this texture issue (orc skin on argonian) for me except the golden one.

Additionally, because you said you could only confirm the ebony cages had the steel texture for the cage itself every, here is every cage that did NOT use the steel texture for me (all others did):

• Ethereal
  • Golden
  • Dragon Bone
  • Daedric (both types)
  • Dwemer (this one shows a steel texture in the item menu but has the correct dwemer cage texture when applied)

Hopefully this in formation is helpful and if I can do anything to help, let me know.

7 hours ago, Frosty01 said:

Hey I went through each cage one by one and they all have this texture issue (orc skin on argonian) for me except the golden one.

Additionally, because you said you could only confirm the ebony cages had the steel texture for the cage itself every, here is every cage that did NOT use the steel texture for me (all others did):

• Ethereal
  • Golden
  • Dragon Bone
  • Daedric (both types)
  • Dwemer (this one shows a steel texture in the item menu but has the correct dwemer cage texture when applied)

Hopefully this in formation is helpful and if I can do anything to help, let me know.

Yeah, I had recently noticed that a number of the items did not have the correct textures set. I think these were all ones added later so I copied existing devices but apparently the textures did not get changed.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:41 PM, Frosty01 said:

• Ethereal
  • Golden
  • Dragon Bone
  • Daedric (both types)

19 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Yeah, I had recently noticed that a number of the items did not have the correct textures set. I think these were all ones added later so I copied existing devices but apparently the textures did not get changed.

Found the issue and why some work and some don't. When I copied Vivi's items it removed the alternate texture info from all of the items, the ones that work have the textures embeded with the mesh. All of the rest need the textures set, the Inventory picture is easy as it is 2 textures for each male and female but the actual items on the actor are 10 textures for male and 10 for female. This may take a bit to change as it makes me cross eyed looking at the tiny lists to choose textures from. This needs done with Argonian, Khajit and general races for each of the items.

• 3 months later...

hello Vel,
So no, vivi's do not work anymore.

I have now changed the meshes of a female chastity belt, I can wear these, but then I have no texture of the cock in the cage.
If I then put a non-lockable cage from dcc4 male chastity device 100 over it, then it works.
but it is not optimal.
:classic_mellow:

7 hours ago, Krynn said:

hello Vel,
So no, vivi's do not work anymore.

I have now changed the meshes of a female chastity belt, I can wear these, but then I have no texture of the cock in the cage.
If I then put a non-lockable cage from dcc4 male chastity device 100 over it, then it works.
but it is not optimal.
:classic_mellow:

DD v4 changed the equip scripts of the armbinder and belt. They used to have their own separate scripts but don't anymore as they were separated between the script on the device and the new base equip script.

Just checked and v4 uses a dummy belt script which goes to the new equip script so none of them have the correct properties and such to make them work correctly with v4. Since I am not using v4 I will see if I can get some assistance in updating the script otherwise it will have to wait until I update to v4 myself.

19 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

DD v4 changed the equip scripts of the armbinder and belt. They used to have their own separate scripts but don't anymore as they were separated between the script on the device and the new base equip script.

Just checked and v4 uses a dummy belt script which goes to the new equip script so none of them have the correct properties and such to make them work correctly with v4. Since I am not using v4 I will see if I can get some assistance in updating the script otherwise it will have to wait until I update to v4 myself. 

this is DDi right?

38 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

thanks, that has helped a lot!
with DDi 3.2 it works perfectly!
:classic_laugh::classic_smile:

They were built using v3 and uses their basic belt script as a base. I have used them from time to time myself with no issues in v3. Still looking into getting a v4 version made via TESVEdit script since all that needs changed is the script to match the standard belts except for the device parts.

14 hours ago, Veladarius said:

They were built using v3 and uses their basic belt script as a base. I have used them from time to time myself with no issues in v3. Still looking into getting a v4 version made via TESVEdit script since all that needs changed is the script to match the standard belts except for the device parts. 

I'll say it works, but I have some problems with removal without DDi 4 again.
the cage is removed, but strangely only after a fast travel. :classic_blink:
also the removal of the piercings does not really work anymore.
but what I wanted to have works. :classic_wink:

Basically it is such a proverb, but too many cooks spoil the porridge.

Only thing I can think of is that there was an issue replacing v4 with v3. There is a lot of stuff that get's saved in the save game so you might try cleaning the save and see if it can be repaired as the two versions typically require a new game when you go between them though people have had success with just cleaning the saved game.

19 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Only thing I can think of is that there was an issue replacing v4 with v3. There is a lot of stuff that get's saved in the save game so you might try cleaning the save and see if it can be repaired as the two versions typically require a new game when you go between them though people have had success with just cleaning the saved game. 

I once ran a savegame cleaner over it.
The removal with the cage works now again.
The piercings do not really want to, but that does not matter.
thank you again dear Vel!

7 hours ago, Krynn said:

I once ran a savegame cleaner over it.
The removal with the cage works now again.
The piercings do not really want to, but that does not matter.
thank you again dear Vel!

v3 and v4 do not like each other as there were vast changes made to the devices and their core scripting and the game will not change set properties of an existing script. My custom items likely work because I override the normal removal mechanism but the basic items don't and rely on the existing scripts which at this point the properties no longer match up. CGi is working on the script to swap out the scripts and will try it on this mod, if it works properly then it should make migrating CD easier.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:25 PM, Veladarius said:

v3 and v4 do not like each other as there were vast changes made to the devices and their core scripting and the game will not change set properties of an existing script. My custom items likely work because I override the normal removal mechanism but the basic items don't and rely on the existing scripts which at this point the properties no longer match up. CGi is working on the script to swap out the scripts and will try it on this mod, if it works properly then it should make migrating CD easier.

both sounds very good!
let me know when you're ready, the grandmasta of all will get it somehow.
:classic_biggrin:

On 9/28/2018 at 9:25 PM, Veladarius said:

Well, one or the other problem I already have with the old ddi version...
how can you fabricate such a new fucking, where then nothing older is working?! :classic_huh::classic_dry:

also not you!!!
the guy who did that.

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, ThatNorresGuy said:

It CDT, says Zazanimations pack is missing. I've looked online for the pack and found it but I don't think it's right as the download is a link that downloads the same link, no actual files, just more of the same link. 

It may be too big to be able to be uploaded here. If you have issues getting it contact t.ara about it.

Is the cock cage meant to block you from putting on armor? When I put it on It unequips my current armor and stops me from putting it back on like some of the bodysuits in DD. Is that normal? 

If not, how do I stop that from happening, seems a bit silly I can't wear it underneath armor, it's all well concealable. 

10 minutes ago, ThatNorresGuy said:

Is the cock cage meant to block you from putting on armor? When I put it on It unequips my current armor and stops me from putting it back on like some of the bodysuits in DD. Is that normal? 

If not, how do I stop that from happening, seems a bit silly I can't wear it underneath armor, it's all well concealable. 

That sounds like SOS trying to manage Slot 52. Try setting the armor your wearing to Revealing under the Player/NPC Configuration menu in the SOS MCM. You will need to remove any cock cages first so you can wear the armor long enough to get SOS to recognize it.