Working noose - proof of concept

Sorry SAC to kick you when you are down, but it is the same for me.  I downloaded your latest version, but the same results.

Do you think it could be a load order problem?  The bodies all disappear, at different rates sometime in as little as 12 hours game time.

Sorry SAC to kick you when you are down, but it is the same for me.  I downloaded your latest version, but the same results.

Do you think it could be a load order problem?  The bodies all disappear, at different rates sometime in as little as 12 hours game time.

I am not down at all - doing pretty well, in fact :)

It simply is not an issue coming from my mod. My mod has nothing to do with corpse cleaning or settlement cleaning or whatever, my mod just kills NPCs, period. Dead is dead, melee or shot or hanged. Try shooting them instead of hanging them, see if they disappear.

I don't know why corpses (shot, hanged or anything else) disappear from your settlements, they should not. If they are, it's from another mod (or lack thereof). Try installing the mods I suggested for removing the purging of excess body count (and removing cell reset, just to test), see what happens. Other than that, sorry, I don't know why it happens, but it's not from this mod.

I am not down at all - doing pretty well, in fact

Good to hear, but it has damaged my reputation as a dominatrix.  :lol: 

It simply is not an issue coming from my mod.

Yes, I believe we have established that.  What I fail to understand is that in my game I have raiders that were killed almost 90+ hours of game time ago that are littering the front of the State mental asylum  Just today I had to collect all the corpses and pile them near a hedge just to clean things up a bit. This also happens at one of my settlements where the corpses of ghouls keep piling up and I have to go and remove them so I can walk around without banging into them.

Same thing happened at Covenant where I actually had to use the console to mark the bodies for delete.

One thing though as a minor criticism, the convulsions of the hanged victims is a bit too extreme in the latest version.

I am not down at all - doing pretty well, in fact

Good to hear, but it has damaged my reputation as a dominatrix.  :lol: 

It simply is not an issue coming from my mod.

Yes, I believe we have established that.  What I fail to understand is that in my game I have raiders that were killed almost 90+ hours of game time ago that are littering the front of the State mental asylum  Just today I had to collect all the corpses and pile them near a hedge just to clean things up a bit. This also happens at one of my settlements where the corpses of ghouls keep piling up and I have to go and remove them so I can walk around without banging into them.

Same thing happened at Covenant where I actually had to use the console to mark the bodies for delete.

One thing though as a minor criticism, the convulsions of the hanged victims is a bit too extreme in the latest version.

Have you installed this? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1770/?

State mental asylum is not a settlement (at least not in vanilla). I've got no idea why the corpses disappear in your settlements, but stick in other areas. Try hanging some NPCs in the areas that retain the corpses, see if they stick.

You can try these scripts for an alternate set of convulsions that I am currently in the process of tuning. Overwrite them in fallout 4 folder \ data \ scripts

SACnoosefurniturekill.pex

SACHangingEffectScript.pex

SACHangingEffectScriptIDLE.pex

[v4.6 update]

- adds the "Noose Arrow" - a "grenade"-type "weapon" which places a long noose furniture upon contact; behaves like a bullet, flies in straight line, but has to be "launched" as a grenade
- the "noose arrow" id is xx810358b (
player.additem xx810358b 100)
- the "noose arrow" is useful to place nooses on high spots, especially outside settlements - shoot the arrow at the target object (a tree, for example), tweak the position using FO4 autohotkey positioning, then command the NPC to "snapintointeraction"; I'll upload a tutorial in the support thread

- tweaks the convulsing havok yet again... hopefully with more consistent results; factored in the NPC mass

- adds random collision objects around the hanged NPC's neck/head, which force the hanged NPC to twist the neck into random positions for a more "diverse look" - I am still tweaking this, it's a recent addition, so it may lead to weird positions or NPCs being forced out of the noose

- there are now approx 30 different hanging outfits, feet pointing down, mostly female versions

- due to the outfits, the file is now over 100MB, meaning LL will not accept the upload - I am uploading a txt file with a link to mega, and will be posting the mega link here as well; this is the first time I'm using mega for uploads, let me know if it doesn't work

https://mega.nz/#!E6ogxA6Y!n_X3i7sE2x1CKNk_i8_AehYpq4LGfv8PGMLTJnjtcmY

[/4.6 update]

Tutorial on how to use the "noose arrow"

Prerequisites: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24773/? (autohotkey objects moving)

Step 1: pick a spot where you want to hang the noose - in my example, I picked a billboard with some lights on top

Step 2: arm the "noose arrow" and shoot it at the general location where you want to place it

Note: the spot needs to have collision for the "arrow" to "explode". Tree branches, for example, do not have collision, so point the arrow at the trunk of the tree where it branches out, then move the noose along the branch with autohotkey

Step 3: once the noose is placed, move it and fine tune the placement; I toggle free cam (tfc) to quickly get up near the noose to see what I'm doing

Step 4: note the id of the placed noose (ffxxxxxx)

Step 5: console click the victim NPC and issue cf "actor.snapintointeraction" ffxxxxxxx (where ff is the id from step 4)

That's it. The victim will be "flown" instantly to the noose, then the noose does the rest. Don't worry if the victim sandboxes away from the noose, it will be flown back automatically; to avoid this "breaking immersion", issue setunconscious 1 on the NPC before the snapintointeraction

post-1591796-0-31163500-1508659131_thumb.jpg

post-1591796-0-32162000-1508659133_thumb.jpg

post-1591796-0-70169400-1508659134_thumb.jpg

post-1591796-0-62092700-1508659136_thumb.jpg

post-1591796-0-78612800-1508659138_thumb.jpg

post-1591796-0-26919800-1508659140_thumb.jpg

post-1591796-0-29087000-1508659142_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
52 minutes ago, Gebilde said:

Have you ever thought of resev engeniring that mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56986

I haven't really looked into it, to be honest.

Skyrim used to have a papyrus function "attachelbowandballconstraint", or something like that, which worked wonderfully at attaching a havok rope to a human bone (neck, foot, arm whatever). Made things really easy. Sadly, they haven't included it in FO4, and I still don't know to this day how to attach a flexible rope to a dead body. Until somebody smarter than me steps in, this (rigid ropes) is about as much as I can do. I'm actually sad about it, but I have tried all I can think of.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, KainsChylde said:

If you give the gallows and nooses ingredients, they won't need God Mode to build. Nothing fancy while the mod is still experimental, just say 1 wood for the gallows and 1 cloth for the ropes.

You are right, and, if you are willing to upload a "patched" esp, you are most welcome to do so. I am weary to start messing with the uploaded esp, because I have my own version with a lot of other dependencies, and I don't want to mess up either one. From my perspective, the mod is finished, meaning I have reached the end of my competence. If someone is ever able to make a flexible noose and/or some animations, I would be happy to resume working on it.

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, DeathNomyaF4 said:

Hey Sac,

i like your Mod very mutch, its realy fun to play around with. But i have a little Question: is there any way i can change it so that the hanged dosnt change chloths?

Hi, happy you like it!

I _think_ the simplest would be to open the esp in FO4Edit and delete the two form lists, then close FO4E and save the esp. It shouldn't break anything, and would effectively disable the outfit switch.

May I ask why don't you like the outfit switch? Just curious :)

image.thumb.png.887ce9a3efcabbc4fff6dee7a8204408.png

On 8/25/2018 at 12:16 PM, SAC said:

Hi, happy you like it!

I _think_ the simplest would be to open the esp in FO4Edit and delete the two form lists, then close FO4E and save the esp. It shouldn't break anything, and would effectively disable the outfit switch.

May I ask why don't you like the outfit switch? Just curious :)

image.thumb.png.887ce9a3efcabbc4fff6dee7a8204408.png

I do like it , but if u hang an npc with moded chloting some of them stay after the swith and der clipping uggly throuth :D

7 hours ago, Azurahawk said:

Hi. So is this mod compatible with Horizon? I see it in Special, but I'm unable to build any of the devices in this mod. 

Hi! I’ve got no idea, I am not using horizon. The devices need to be built in god mode, have you tried that?

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, bigblackguyfrombandcamp said:

Hello. I'm having a little trouble adding the items to my inventory. I type player.additem xx810358b 100 into my console and the item ID for the noose gun but it keeps telling me that there is a missing parameter object ID. I'm not sure why this is. Any help would be great, thanks!

^^see the post above, forgot to quote