Working noose - proof of concept

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, tiphanie255 said:

hello, I can't make the gun. here is a capture of my load order, possible help?

I'm not sure what you've downloaded, please uninstall / delete all noose-related mods and download just v602

After that, you should only have noose-distribution.esp, not noose.esp, that's an old version

After you install 602, go into the game, open console ( ' ), type help noose 4 weap

It should return 3 weapon codes, type player.additem <each weapon code>

3 hours ago, SAC said:

I'm not sure what you've downloaded, please uninstall / delete all noose-related mods and download just v602

After that, you should only have noose-distribution.esp, not noose.esp, that's an old version

After you install 602, go into the game, open console ( ' ), type help noose 4 weap

It should return 3 weapon codes, type player.additem <each weapon code>

merci ?

3 hours ago, strykernoscope said:

The mod seems to come with a lot of outfits but my character turns invisible when I try to equip any of them?

yes, because I've stopped packaging the actual meshes due to a lot of compatibility and packaging issues

if you know what you're doing (i.e. navigating the meshes folder and installing them manually), you can find some meshes packaged here, but that esp and noose object-related meshes are obsolete, you should extract just the clothing meshes and materials. I am not supporting that version anymore, or any conflicts you may run into

Note that the clothing uses EVB body because that's what I'm using, so other body type textures will look weird

• 5 months later...

A couple of questions -

1st, the noose is meant to kill the NPC, correct?  How much time does it take to do this?

2nd, what is your advice if the noose does not line up well with the NPC?  Picture attached.  This specific image is with the noose gun but happens with all furniture as well.

noose1.png

1 hour ago, xeousil said:

1st, the noose is meant to kill the NPC, correct?  How much time does it take to do this?

Should be around 10 seconds, 15 max

1 hour ago, xeousil said:

2nd, what is your advice if the noose does not line up well with the NPC?  Picture attached.  This specific image is with the noose gun but happens with all furniture as well.

Nothing I can do, it's just impossible to line up better (I've spent ages adjusting positions)

2 hours ago, SAC said:

Should be around 10 seconds, 15 max

Gotcha.  I don't think I've seen one die from it yet.  I'll run it again and see. 

2 hours ago, SAC said:

Nothing I can do, it's just impossible to line up better (I've spent ages adjusting positions)

It's alright.  Thanks for the amazing mod!

20 hours ago, xeousil said:

Hello again.  I just let it go for well over 2 minutes and the NPC hadn't died.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

There are two types of nooses, a lethal one, and one which just serves as a restraint. How did you spawn it?

Can you click it in console and get the object name and base id?

6 hours ago, SAC said:

There are two types of nooses, a lethal one, and one which just serves as a restraint. How did you spawn it?

Can you click it in console and get the object name and base id?

It happens with the scripted and nonscripted items when I use the hanging gun, unless I'm just an idiot. :(

I'm not very facile with the commands, but the reference I get when I use the getselectedref command is FF006046 for the hanging gun noose and FF0062A9 for the scripted gallows, for example.

Thanks again.

16 hours ago, xeousil said:

I'm not very facile with the commands, but the reference I get when I use the getselectedref command is FF006046 for the hanging gun noose and FF0062A9 for the scripted gallows, for example.

Those are object references, not base ids. You need this utility: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26582

image.thumb.png.0196339e50dad24c11e937f061608930.png

Is the character you are trying to hang immortal, for any reason? A companion, player in god mode...?

23 hours ago, SAC said:

Those are object references, not base ids. You need this utility: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26582

image.thumb.png.0196339e50dad24c11e937f061608930.png

Is the character you are trying to hang immortal, for any reason? A companion, player in god mode...?

I reinstalled F4SE and it works for the animation/killing but now I have texture issues with the characters.  For instance there's strange shadowing that happens and the characters skin gets shadowed strangely.  Anyone with any suggestions?  Thanks.

Edit: Just for clarification, the textures only do this after I've instructed them to hang or I shoot them with the hanging gun. 

Edit again:  I think I understand the problem.  You said you only made textures with EVB...I'm using CBBE.  There's probably no way to make this work, right?

Untitled.png

On 3/25/2021 at 11:51 PM, xeousil said:

Edit again:  I think I understand the problem.  You said you only made textures with EVB...I'm using CBBE.  There's probably no way to make this work, right?

Strange, should not happen.

You can edit the noose - distribution.esp with FO4edit and delete this section ("effect shader"). Click each one, press delete, save at the end, or just the section header, delete, save

image.png.be2cfe3d8a961a7effcb282e01f71550.png

You are using the 6.02 version, right?

image.png.a1898403f6a6831bd229f33f4dc1dffd.png

5 hours ago, SAC said:

Strange, should not happen.

You can edit the noose - distribution.esp with FO4edit and delete this section ("effect shader"). Click each one, press delete, save at the end, or just the section header, delete, save

image.png.be2cfe3d8a961a7effcb282e01f71550.png

You are using the 6.02 version, right?

image.png.a1898403f6a6831bd229f33f4dc1dffd.png

That worked!  Thank you!

Yes, I'm using version 6.02.

• 1 month later...

this mod has so much potential if it could ever work right i get everything to build, i can manually make them use "Hanging plain" but the arrow...makes a noose that cannot be used at this time  the gun doesnt do a thing for me i keep reading through the reply section praying i can see whats wrong but  i think im going to move on i need not this head ache but good attempt, im sure someone got it to work right 

• 8 months later...

when I use the gun, the npc hangs on . the error code appears in the list of the admin aaf ( id mfgset neutral not found  appelant nul )  and after a quick trip or sleeping in a bed, the npc is no longer there.  mfg corresponds to the facial animation (normally) how to remove or fix this problem ?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...