Faallokaar V2 - Creature Framework Edition

I never found out what I do wrong:

As soon as the transformation begins from Argonian to Dragon my game CTD.

I can still see a few frames of a dragon (still with magic effect on it) and then CTD.

I try it every 6 months because my LO changes so often and mods get updated in the hope I get a lucky hit.

Still this mod refuses to work with all my setups and gets a CTD everytime the Argonian transforms.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:12 AM, donttouchmethere said:

I never found out what I do wrong:

As soon as the transformation begins from Argonian to Dragon my game CTD.

I can still see a few frames of a dragon (still with magic effect on it) and then CTD.

I try it every 6 month because my LO changes so often and mods get updated in the hope I get a lucky hit.

Still this mod refuses to work with all my setups and gets a CTD everytime the Argonian transforms.

I had the same problem, I fixed it in my game by editing the transformation script and recompiling it, it has these lines of code in it:

;Faallokaar.Disable()
;Faallokaar.Enable()

I just uncommented these lines and recompiled (IE delete the ";" symbols)

I'm not sure why they were commented out since they apparently solve a CTD issue.

I haven't run into any problems with this modification to the script, but I also ported the mod over to SSE so maybe it was due to some quirk of LE, idk.

It's in a .bsa file so it takes a few steps, but it's not too hard. Especially since the .bsa has the papyrus source files in it.

44 minutes ago, Acerbus_9191 said:

I had the same problem, I fixed it in my game by editing the transformation script and recompiling it, it has these lines of code in it:

;Faallokaar.Disable()
;Faallokaar.Enable()

I just uncommented these lines and recompiled (IE delete the ";" symbols)

I'm not sure why they were commented out since they apparently solve a CTD issue.

I haven't run into any problems with this modification to the script, but I also ported the mod over to SSE so maybe it was due to some quirk of LE, idk.

It's in a .bsa file so it takes a few steps, but it's not too hard. Especially since the .bsa has the papyrus source files in it.

It's worth a shot!

Thanks.

Alternative would be I install faallokaar on my neglected SSE.

I'm just trying out (again) how many unique follower I can collect in my LO without making it explode. =D

Having an Argonian in party, that can transform into a dragon, might not be the safest way to prevent explosions ?

9 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Then it's something with my setup that hates mutating Argonians.

Only one way to find out: try again o.o

Male frost version for a change ^^

the only thing i can think of is maybe there is some sort of face gen compatibly problem with another mod (i say this because the mouth is not working right with Yiffy Age installed, so it could be a possible crashing point but i don't know for sure)

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

the only thing i can think of is maybe there is some sort of face gen compatibly problem with another mod (i say this because the mouth is not working right with Yiffy Age installed, so it could be a possible crashing point but i don't know for sure)

AIO animated pussy can't be the cause right?

Just doing some brainstorming while all mods install ?

On 10/6/2019 at 7:50 AM, MadMansGun said:

seems unlikely, but this is skyrim.

Installed the male frost frost version now, the effect is the same, as soon as I use the transform shout on him he changes from a small dragon to a normal sized dragon and then CTD.

Unless I have to install the original version and than the LL version.

The little dragon looks very cute tho and the colors are great, but he is a ticking CTD time bomb ?

I would say if it works for you and not for me, than it's working at least up to 75% (cause if I don't use transform all is fine)  ?‍♂️

I will look into this one next... LO:

;Faallokaar.Disable()
;Faallokaar.Enable()
  • 1 month later...
On 10/6/2019 at 4:07 AM, MadMansGun said:

speaking of faces, i'm missing oneScreenShot2.png.74238081d0dabacbb2f961596316d86e.png
after a bit of testing i found that by using the "recycleactor" command on him while in human form fixes the head, and the head also appears when he enters an animation (hence why i had matchmaker equipped at the time)
(although if anyone else does this be wary as he respawns back at the bridge where you first meet him)
it even gave him armour and an axe after i tried transforming him to a dragon and back again to see if the fix stayed, although the time after that, he was back to being nude and headless
(also as a dragon he either floats above the ground or walks straight into it and then teleports to me at ground level after a few seconds, but i guess that's just an issue of using a small dragon)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Draxial said:

Hmm, sorry if this is a newbie question, but is there any chance I can find this for SSE? Thanks in advance for any reply; first timer here, still a bit overwhelmed by what I need to do;

Hmm, apparently there's an even easier way now, called CAO: 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316

I'll still need the SSE Creation Kit to convert the ESP, but everything else seems easier;

15 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

45 minutes ago, Draxial said:

I'll still need the SSE Creation Kit to convert the ESP, but everything else seems easier;

no you don't, the esp will work as is.....the facegen on the other hand i'm not sure about.

• 5 weeks later...

I'd like to step in here on the topic of Faallokaar in SSE.

Please note I am not a mod creator or knowledgeable in any way. Just putting out my personal experience to potentially help people getting this mod working in SSE.

I attempted to convert both fire Faallokaars using CAO and this guide:

https://gitlab.com/G_ka/Cathedral_Assets_Optimizer/-/wikis/Porting-a-mod

I went through it top to bottom. Put it into Creation Kit and xEdit autoclean. Only thing I didn't do is "Check the plugin for errors and fix them" because I am not sure what that means. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To my surprise SkyrimSE didn't CTD on launch and I was able to see Faallokaar in the world. However there are a few hurdles that we will need to overcome to have them working properly.

1) The dialogue tree seems busted. When I talk to them the tree:

~Who are you? What is a dragon doing here?
~What some fun?
However neither of them seem to work. The first line darkens the dialogue when activated as if they will say something but dialogue will not proceed.
The second option flat out doesn't work.

2) The hitbox is still the size of a vanilla dragon. SE's has issues with hitbox scaling. Fallokaar's presence is the size of an actual dragon and I run into their hitbox well before getting close to their fun-sized body.
This is an issue with the Faallokaar on Nexus too: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23077/

From what I can gleam isn't necessarily a mod problem but an engine problem. I have heard tell that this can be fixed using nifskope but this is well out of my league unfortunately. https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7361076-faallokaar-sse/page-4#entry76821148

On the bright side creature framework with it seems to work fine. Using matchmaker spells Faallokaar seemed to play animations just fine. They scaled up in size to vanilla dragons automatically but I think that's a different problem unrelated to this one.

Anyway I hope this might help someone who knows much more than I do convert these mods and get them working appropriately. They seem very cool and I'd love to experience them.

I don't think posting the converted files I have would help in much any way but if someone does ask I would be happy to.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...