Newbie looking for help

Blerbler

Heyo. I'm a fellow who wants to spice up his next New Vegas playthrough with some mods, but I am just about the least computer-savvy person I know, and I was hoping some kind person could walk me through this. I'm always wary of messing around with programs, for fear I'll screw everything up and not know how to fix it.

Anyway, I do have the Nexus Mod Manager installed, and I am looking at some of the Nexus mods, like Women of the Wasteland and High Poly Slave Collar Mesh, but I also want some sex stuff. I've had my eye on Mavia's Veronica D/s, Fort Slavery and Courtesan mods for a while. Can those generally be relied on to work? I thought about contacting her directly, but apparently she's been offline for years.

And is there some reason I shouldn't have a Nexus sex/nudity mod at the same time as a Loverslab one?

Feel free to talk down to me as much as you like, when it comes to technical matters. Just imagine I'm 90 years old.

If anyone is willing to help, I'd very much appreciate it. And you get to show off how clever you are.  :shy:

well first things first, NMM is terrible for installing FO3/FNV mods, even the ones from Nexus, you need FOMM or Mod Organizer. As to installing mods from Nexus or here, you can and should do both, as many mods here rely on a mod from Nexus. If you want sex in your game, you WILL need sexout, there are a couple of guides to walk you thru installing it and the prerequisite files on the respective forum <as a side note, Sexout will NOT install properly the NMM period, you must use FOMM or MO>.

You also need to be aware of outdated mods that will no longer work with the latest Sexout. And Mavia's mods fall into that catagory. That being said there is an updated version of MSex on here that will work. As for how to get it all to work, start by getting your game to "look" how you want it <ie graphics anf texture mods, npc replacers, ect> that start by adding the sexout framework and get it working <the guides will tell you how to do this and test it> then add the various other sex mods you want one at a time and make sure they are working before adding the next one.

as a side note, I would suggest using Mod Organizer as your mod manager simply because its hard to break the basic install of the game, and removing mods that don't work is pretty painless, where as a botched install or a bad mod installed thru NMM or FOMM can result in havng to delete and reinstall the entire game and starting from scratch, which I found to be very frustrating.

If you are new to modding in general, I would suggest starting off slow, learn your particular mod manager with simple mods before moving onto complex mods such as ovehauls and things that majorly  change game play.

If you have Skyrim, I would suggest learning to use Mod Organizer with that <GamerPoets has very informative step by step videos on Youtube how to use MO with skyrim that are easy to follow, staring with how to install it and taking you thru the end> after that, its pretty easy to transfer what you learned there over to Fallout New Vegas.

And Finally, just a Mod Manager is not enough if you are going to extensively mod FNV <ie mods that radically change the game> you need to learn the basics of FNVEdit and Wryebash as well, However again, there are great tutorials available on Youtube to help <if you do as suggested above, and follow GamerPoets tutorials on Mod Organizer, you will also learn the basics of FNVEdit and Wryebash as well, just be aware that TES5edit is FNVEdit for Skyrim but they both work pretty much the same>.

In Closing, there is no "easy" way to mod a game if you are doing more then simple changing textures, however, there are resources out there to help you learn, and yes mistakes WILL be made but you can do it, I am over 50 now, and didn't start playing modded games until maybe 5 years ago. I started with modding my games with skyrim, then started modding FNV, then moved to oblivion.. Yes that seems ass backwards since oblivion came out first, then fnv then skyrim, BUT the newer games are easier to mod then the older ones <well that doesn't apply to Skyrim SE or FO4 yet because the tools aren't here yet, but you get the idea>

Archived