★ Farmer's Dreams

MuseX

Was hoping there was an update, but not yet. Patreon says he is redoing things now to make it easier and faster later on, but nothing in over 4 months has me worried. I really liked where this was headed.

I can't download the demo.

Can you add it to MegaUploads?

You can't use medafire?

I guess I meant Mega.nz its where most of these games can be downloaded from.

I have that all set up & it works fine. not the old megauploads. the newer one.

I hope you'll make a download from there. if not i'll just move on. its ok.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your help, @CobraPL =)

Everyone, sorry if I haven't been around here as I should! The game continued to evolve since my last post here and now it's looking very different - I just updated the main post with some new pictures, so make sure to check them out! For those who haven't played Farmer's Dreams since the first public release, play the new one and you will be surprised!

Extremely ambitious, sandboxish farm simulator with beautiful renders and fine mechanic. Game is at the very early stage of development but it's already really satisfying, For those who already played early versions - you should check the newest one. Bugs are mostly fixed, game runs much smoother and story is growing in a steady pace. Out of many other games I've played none could compete with FD when it comes to branching. It's really, really open and player decisions make much more impact on a relations than any other I've seen. Thumbs up for this one

I just started this game and it looks quite nice. I’m looking forward to exploring it.

I’m providing a list of observations and bugs intended to help the developer and are not meant as complaints. At the time of this post, I've just started day 2.

ch2v0.9

• Critical Bug: When you save while crops are planted and growing, loading that save completely eliminates all of your crops.
  • There is no configuration for eliminating the text typing speed. Players have never understood why game developers think we want to wait for text to be automatically slowly typed out and have asked since VNs were made that it either be eliminated or for there to at least be a configuration that can change the speed to eliminate the typing.
  • When the menu is disabled due to story mechanics or before you get your diary, hitting any menu key should bring up a dialog box saying that the menu is temporarily disable or not yet available. Making a save at the first sprite screen at the start of the game is common and the lack of any feedback explaining why you can not yet do so is confusing. A search in the forums for this game finds that the confusion as to why you can not save is one of the most common questions.
  • Since the character would know the stamina mechanics of his own world, so should the player. There should be an explanation before the first player controlled movement about how running (using Shift) will cost stamina that can only be regained by eating food. It is very frustrating to lose an expendable resource simply because you did not know you could lose it.
  • The menu can be brought up with either <escape>, <right-click>, or ‘x’ but can only be closed with ‘x’. <escape> and <right-click> should also close it.
  • You can not use the mouse to choose any menu item. Generally, mouse support seems very incomplete or mostly broken.
  • During the chicken quest, one militia member (the one just south of Nick) is almost completely hidden by a tree. The inability to find this NPC is another common complaint in the forums. While the rest of the quest qualifies as proper puzzling (including the hidden chickens because of the noise clue), this hidden character is just a plain game cheat. Please either move the militia member into full view or eliminate the tree so he can be fully seen.
  • Any game mechanics that the character would already know (like the fact that you can only flirt once a day, that flirting can have negative effects on other girls, how to farm, how to use an item, how to give an item to another character, how to feed your father, etc.) should be fully explained to the player beforehand. There is a difference between the gaming concept of player discovery and the frustration of an unexplained user interface.
  • There is no clue, indication, or direction whatsoever that you can only find the bottle of rum for the Darius craft hammer quest in the mine in the forest. This is a game puzzle cheat. If you need an online walkthrough or FAQ to solve a puzzle, then it needs work.
  • There is a state bug with the Darius craft hammer quest. With the bottle of rum in my inventory, I could not give it to him. The quest item in Talk was not lit and holding the bottle had no effect. It did finally work at the end of day 1 but I have no idea why.
  • You are supposed to feed the father one medicine and one food per day or he will die. There is no explanation on how to get him any food on day 1. You can not grow a crop in time. It turns out he does not need either on day 1. There should be an explanation that he has already received both on day 1 from either the Elder and/or Mia, and the father should refuse to accept any medicine or food (if you can get any food) on day 1.
  • The sign south of the village should give cardinal directions (Lake: West, Forest: South, Capital: East) and not relative left/right/down directions. There should be some indication that there is a mine in the forest.
  • There should be an explanation why you can not pass the east capital road barricade or why Aaron will not allow you to go to the west Lake.
  • The background music are ear-bleedingly short loops. The music loops need to be much longer and the volume configuration in options should have a finer control that +/- 20%.

While the crop-destroying save/load problem is seriously hampering me, I'm looking forward to exploring this game. The artwork is a nice mesh of RPGMaker pixel-sprites and 3D character models. The character personalities are well expressed by the models and do not suffer as much from the problem of "doll-expression". However, I still want to see the protagonist kick Nina's ass for treating him so badly and hooking up with a tool like Trevor (ugh!). :confounded:

Hey @DuDraig, thank you very much for all the observations and bug reports, this will surely help me improving the game :grin: Let me answer you a few things:

2 hours ago, DuDraig said:

Critical Bug: When you save while crops are planted and growing, loading that save completely eliminates all of your crops.

I knew I was forgetting something! This bug was reported to me before, and it only happen if you save the game in the farm map, right? Anyway, it's a graphical bug - your crops are still there, they should appear again once you leave the map. I will get this fixed in the next release, thanks!

There is no configuration for eliminating the text typing speed.

Just press the action key during the message and it show the entire message. Or do you mean that you want an option to do this automatically?

There is no clue, indication, or direction whatsoever that you can only find the bottle of rum for the Darius craft hammer quest in the mine in the forest.

Well, you can also buy/steal it a few days later. A little exploration and challenge is good in a game, right? I don't want to make quests that you only have to walk somewhere and go back, with someone telling you what to do each step of the way.  But maybe I'm wrong - I'm learning a lot about game designing during the process of making this game! Changing this will depend on how much I see people complaining about it!

You are supposed to feed the father one medicine and one food per day or he will die. There is no explanation on how to get him any food on day 1. (...) It turns out he does not need either on day 1.

You have to give him food and medicine every day, unless Mia is helping you (and she only starts doing so on Day 3). You can get the apples Nina leaves on your table in the beginning of the game, there is the apple she gives you in the beginning of Day 1 and there is a chance of finding apples in the Lake. I still have plans to add a NPC who sells you food though!

There should be an explanation why you can not pass the east capital road barricade or why Aaron will not allow you to go to the west Lake.

The explanation is: the game is still incomplete and I didn't make that part yet haha! There will be something there later, for now it just looks weird.

An initial gameplay tutorial is definitely something I need to work on!

Mouse don't work very well in the menus (or at all), but that's a lot of programming work for me and right now I'm trying to avoid it to focus in the story, but I'll implement this eventually!

I'll check on that Darius bug you mentioned, thanks for reporting it!

Thank you very much for letting me know about the hidden crops after load effect. That makes things a lot easier.
  • There is no configuration for eliminating the text typing speed.

Just press the action key during the message and it show the entire message. Or do you mean that you want an option to do this automatically?

Usually, in an RPGMaker game, there is an option slider for automatic text typing speed, and pegging that slider to 0 delay eliminates any automatic text typing and just displays the text whole. Anything that eliminates those extra key strokes or mouse clicks and the carpal-tunnel path is a blessed thing.

• There is no clue, indication, or direction whatsoever that you can only find the bottle of rum for the Darius craft hammer quest in the mine in the forest.

Well, you can also buy/steal it a few days later. A little exploration and challenge is good in a game, right? I don't want to make quests that you only have to walk somewhere and go back, with someone telling you what to do each step of the way.  But maybe I'm wrong - I'm learning a lot about game designing during the process of making this game! Changing this will depend on how much I see people complaining about it!

You’re not wrong, but everything in the game at that point says to not wander out of the first forest scene. There is an in-town pub that is temporarily closed with an unknown lady just outside looking for a lost love that makes you think the solution is in the direction of pursuing her problem to re-open the pub so you can purchase a bottle of rum. The dire warnings of Aaron and the turn-back from the south exit of the first forest scene tell you to NOT exit that scene except to go back until Aaron or a quest tell you otherwise. So finding out that there is a mine, much less exploring it to find a bottle of rum, is far too random to be a quest puzzle path. The player only experiences frustration at the randomness and not any reward of accomplishment when they finally find it since you are led to believe that you have to solve this quest to get the craft hammer immediately before just about anything else so you can use crafting. A potential solution could be a rumor from a town NPC or a militia NPC about how the mine that is in an eastern part of the forest used to be a pirate smuggler's warehouse for illicit goods and booze.

• You are supposed to feed the father one medicine and one food per day or he will die. There is no explanation on how to get him any food on day 1. (...) It turns out he does not need either on day 1.

You have to give him food and medicine every day, unless Mia is helping you (and she only starts doing so on Day 3). You can get the apples Nina leaves on your table in the beginning of the game, there is the apple she gives you in the beginning of Day 1 and there is a chance of finding apples in the Lake. I still have plans to add a NPC who sells you food though!

I have never been able to feed him an apple, it just heals my stamina. There might be an inobvious user interface mechanism to do this that I’ve not yet found so I'll try some more. If you do not give him medicine and food on day 1, he is still fine on day 2 and you can give him medicine and the special bread made by Sam’s mother. I can not get to the Lake because Aaron automatically bounces me back saying that it is the wrong way.

Update: Now, for no known reason, I can feed the father an apple by holding it and talking to him with 'z'. I loaded a day 1 save. It did not do that for me the first time through. Works now though. BTW: It seems that the quest log food and medicine counters are swapped. When I fed him the first medicine it set the food counter to 1, and when I fed him the first apple it set the medicine counter to 1.

• There should be an explanation why you can not pass the east capital road barricade or why Aaron will not allow you to go to the west Lake.

The explanation is: the game is still incomplete and I didn't make that part yet haha! There will be something there later, for now it just looks weird.

I realize that from a game development perspective but, from a player perspective, you have no idea if this is not yet developed or you’ve misinterpreted the directions sign. There should be a sign saying “This road is currently closed due to flooding damage.”, “You have no reason to go traipsing off to the Capital right now no matter how hot that girl was.”, or “MuseX says NO!, for now.”.

I’m glad you’ve found my observations helpful. I can not afford a crazed monthly fee to access your game so I’m trying to barter in kind with helpful feedback.

(Hmmmm….. If I eat invisible carrots can I then see invisible things? :cool:)

I seem to remember a post somewhere calling for help with text proofreading. Here's a corrected list of the descriptions of the girls from the Relationships dialog. English is my native language. I hope you find it of some help.

Amanda

A somewhat classy girl, Amanda hates living in a small village. She expects great (and expensive) things in her life and dreams about finding her charming prince. She is a very popular girl and can be a bit of a snob around people who aren’t exactly popular.

Brooke

Brooke is a few years older than you and remains a mystery to this day. She is a bad-ass and hangs with some really weird people. She can be very rude sometimes and doesn’t seems to care much about anyone or anything.

Elise

Amanda’s single mother, Elise was a very popular girl in her younger days and seems to miss all the attention she used to receive. She’s a responsible woman now but still dreams about having a more exciting life.

Evelyn

The nice and charming waitress at the local pub, Evelyn is a very pleasant and polite person. She is friends with everyone but sometimes seems a bit lonely.

Heather

Your friendly neighbor, Heather was always around when you were growing up, but you never really became close friends. She is a fun person and seems to always be laughing.

Laura

Nina’s best friend, Laura works at her parent’s shop almost all the time and basically runs the place. She’s really easygoing and independent but doesn’t seem to have much of a social life.

Mia

Mia is a very quiet and timid person who spends most of her time helping the village elder. She’s a good nurse despite not having any formal education in the field, and she always seems ready to help.

Nina

Your childhood friend, Nina is a responsible girl and a hard worker. She is strong minded and a bit bossy but very insecure underneath. As girls usually mature faster than boys, you now find you have less in common and are slowly moving away from each other.

Roxie

General Vincent’s wife, Roxie is strong and independent but likes the company of strong men and skilled warriors who make her feel safe and protected. She treats all Militia members like brothers and is a very mature person despite still being young.

Sophie

Sophie is a popular girl who is always looking for some fun. She is sexually upfront and likes to hang with the cool and popular guys. She seems a bit emotionally scarred so she can be very uneasy, especially with new people.

Selena

A mysterious traveling merchant, Selena talks about legendary artifacts, heroes, and a world that is worth exploring. She seems to be something more than what she claims.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not much here at the moment. I'm glad that the dev is listening to people saying that the game has an identity crisis and started moving away from events being tied to days and how running drained stamina. I said it on another forum but I'll keep an eye on this. Stardew Valley really needed some good adult mods that could transform it into NTRPG but probably with less focus on NTR.

What is the trick in being able to use the axe and scythe to clear the land?  I can equip one or both of them but cannot use them.  Other items you simple "Hold" and that action works with those items.  I've already picked up the loose branches and figured out how to craft sections of fence.  Even fixed the fence for Heather but can't fix the fence at the farm.

Same applies to being able to use the hoe to be able to plant the grains.

• 4 weeks later...

3r0jS8YPXOdy.png

February Plans + Discord (public post)

Farmer's Dreams - Release 4 ($5+)

Game Update - Release 4.2 ($5+)

Changelog:

Spoiler

*(14 CGs) New Laura Scene

*(6 CGs) New Evelyn Scene

*(4 CGs) New Mia Scene

- Fixed Title Screen bug that made the time advance. The game could then start on Day 2, 3 or more. This was causing bugs like Nina's grandmother don't counting for the chickens quest.
- Crops won't die if not watered anymore, it will just stop their growing until you water them again.
- New time speed: 1 minute in game = 2 seconds (2x slower then before)
- Time stop when menu is open
- Reset crops option (just in case your version is bugged and you want to keep your save file. Interacting with the chest in your room will reset them and give you 500 gold. This won't be available in the next version)
- Wait Until Open Time added: now you can interact with the boards in front of specific places to jump the time to when it's opened (only if it will still open in the day you are, you can't jump a day with this)
- Bug fixed - holding item when inventory was full would lock the system, not allowing you to open the menu again or to get hid of the item you were holding (some of you experienced this in the Wood for Elise quest)
- New menu indicating character's location and some extra data (only female characters for now) - if you already talked to the person in that day, gave the weekly gift and how many times you flirted with her.
- You can now transport directly to a character's location by spending 30 Stamina Points.
- New job system with 2 jobs added: working in the PUB and in the Store. The system is still in early stages, but you can make some extra gold now.
- Party sending you to your old house bug fixed.
Update 4.1:

- Items not being spent when giving them away bug fixed
- Seeds not being spent bug fixed
- Crops not growing bug fixed (finally found why some people were having this problem!)
- Fixed Mia schedule after the Redd scene.
- Fixed " failure to load: img/picture/(...)" bug that would happen after receiving special crops.
- Black screen after the party bug fixed

Update 4.2
- Added the "Get Yourself a Nice Girlfriend!" scene again
- Added Elise's new schedule event 
- Seeds not being spent bug fix
- Getting locked at the lake area after party bug fix
- Fixed bug on Mia's relationship menu

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2018 at 8:15 AM, JhomBraun said:

I can see the tools in the small "Q" and "E" windows but still cannot get them to work using the Q and E keys or different combinations of keys.

I'm having the same problem.

Oh, It looks like you run out of stamina if you do anything physical, and need to eat special food or rest to get it back. No stamina = no work.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a real problem with clearing the farm after the storm in the R59 Public Build.  The axe, scythe and pick do not work for me, at all.  Even after a full nights sleep, eating bread an apple or a hearty lunch I cant clear a rock, log or grass.  The watering can, hoe and hammer do work- I can plant seeds and water them and they grow so it doesn't seem like it is a lack of stamina since all my red hearts are full.  Is this bugged or am I missing something?  It's not a crash, but the game kind of fizzles out when you can't work on the farm.  Early builds of the game didn't have this problem.

1 hour ago, CobraPL said:

Did you try FIX4?

Also, for support you may visit:

https://discord.gg/CQUvJG5 - official Discord channel !!!

I used the link in your Post above which says Fix 4 applied.  I'll try uninstalling the game and doing a re-install.   At least I know where all the chickens are now so it doesn't take too long to get back to the farming part.

edit: Deleted and re-installed with the Fix4 applied version and was able to chop up a log, so I think it's fixed now.

• 3 months later...

Archived