I like Dead Money more than the main NV story line.

Call me crazy but I actually like the Main Quest with the WarZones mod activated. It makes things feel more real and in need of resolution.

Now if we are just talking vanilla experiences only, then I too like Old World Blues the best of all the dlc. It was a perfect combo of zany humor and wacky quests. I laughed almost every time the loud speakers went off while wandering around outside.

"STING THEM MY ROBO SCORPIONS!! STING THEM UNTIL THEY ARE STUPID!!"

"NO! WAIT! DON'T DESTROY THIS ONE!"

and then the whole but its "FOR SCIENCE!!!" thing set me off laughing as well....:P

writing-wise, I'd rate Lonesome Road highest, followed by Dead Money and Honest Hearts. Old World Blues is by far the most entertaining, hands down.

When it comes to inflicting awesome laser-guided karma though, nothing comes even remotely close to locking that psycho rat bastard Elijah in the vault forever. Even better since I had Zoe make her escape to the tune of Mass Effect 2's end run theme while Elijah had his villainous breakdown. And while a great majority of the moments there were massive tearjerkers, there were some genuine moments that gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

I liked Lonesome Road partly due to how much they made ED-E into a badass adorable. It felt like Zoe was not truly alone on her sojourn through The Divide.

Old World Blues was great for the humor. the think tank and Dr. Mobius were especially entertaining, and then there were the wild wasteland moments... In all, it functioned great as a breather episode between Dead Money and Lonesome Road.

Honest Hearts went pretty well when talking with Joshua Graham. It was even better when our final rampage against the White Legs tribe was accompanied by the Promontory theme from Last of the Mohicans. Helping the former Malpias Legate achieve some inner peace felt damn good, even if I didn't get to call Salt-Upon-Wounds "General Gobbletigook."

the Courier's Stash is kinda handy, and gives you a great leg up at the start of the game. Heck, I wouldn't have been able to kill Vulpes Inculta without it. The Gun-Runner's arsenal is also a good one, even if only for things like exploding ammo.

In all, I'd say the DLCs were a mixed bag, but the good far outweighs the bad.

I hate the main story of NV because I really don't care for the NCR, Legion or Mr. House. I love exploring, but I don't give a shit about the Mojave as a region or the people in it, and I feel nothing compelling me to pick either side or make it a truly independent region free of the NCR-Legion bullshit.

Killing Benny should have been the end of it; Fallout has always somehow managed to merge a massive shift in the power structure of the region it took place in with what you were doing before, but in NV it felt so forced.

Destroying the Master and its forces in Fallout 1 was needed not for the greater good, but because they were going to attack your Vault. Destroying the Enclave in Fallout 2 was needed not for the greater good, but because those fuckers kidnapped your tribe and you just wanted them back. Fallout 3 was about destroying the Enclave not because of the greater good, but because those fuckers killed your father.

Which I admit is a weak reason to go against such a well armed and powerful force. I guess that's why they had Project Purity, to try and force the greater good aspect, but who cared. I mean really, did anybody care about Project Purity outside of the characters who blathered on and on about it in the game? I sure as Hell didn't; I only went there so the Enclave would finally start spawning in the Wasteland so I could kill them and take their sweet swag.

In New Vegas, once you deal with Benny, what's the point? You're a courier; making enemies is bad for business, and no matter WHO wins, there will still be business to be done. None of the factions are forced onto you, trying to make you sympathize/identify with them, so at the end of the day you have no reason to want to get involved.

Atleast with Dead Money, you had a goal and a reason for doing it, even if it was forced on you. The story had a reason for you to care what about what was happening; you had a very personal stake in the outcome, something the main NV plot seriously lacked.

I am in agreement about the base NV storyline. I've restarted the game several times, but I've never finished it because I quickly lose interest in the story after killing Benny. I got as far as doing something in Hoover Dam, I don't remember what, but I remember a lot of running back and forth the length of the place and getting bored with that quick.

Haven't played any of the DLC yet though I do have it all; I barely have time to mod, let alone *play*. ;)

You know what's worse? When you leave The Tops, the NCR and the Legion both extend offers to forgive all of your past sins for no reason what so ever other than to ensure that you can still take any path you want.

Meaning that, in essence, nothing you did before then mattered; they would instantly forgive you. You could butcher every camp you found, you could cleanse the whole Mojave of EVERY SINGLE SOLDIER on their side, but the moment you leave The Tops, they come crawling back and go "Oh hey, all those people you murdered for the Hell of it? Water under the bridge! We totally want you on our side, no matter what!"

Seriously, fuck that. First I have no reason to care about these factions at all, and then every bad thing I ever did to them will be forgiven completely after a certain plot point when, in reality, they would never forgive a lot of the more horrendous crimes you could commit.

I'll take the DLC over this shit any day. Especially when it comes to Old World Blues; that shit was epic and I could have died happy if New Vegas was just OWB.

The reason NCR and Legion forgive you is Mr. House and his securitrons. No one in living memory has ever met House personally, and you just walked your happy ass out of the Lucky 38 to put a cap in the leader of one of the Three Families, consequence-free. Damn right the two powers in the region are gonna sit up and take notice. Forgive and forget? Hell no. Ignore for the moment and take advantage? Yer damn skippy. No one knows about the bunker under fortification hill, but just the forces on the strip could be a game-changer for the NCR or Legion. So you can bet your sweet bippy Caesar and Crocker are gonna notice and try to make a move.

Archived