Almost instant CTD at start of loading screen

AmazoniaRed

I can provide my esp. list if needed, but this issue does not seem to be an issue with my load order or changes in my load order because there have been no changes in my load order.

Whenever I go to load a game, it barely gets the loading screen up before I get a CTD. So just to be clear, the game never gets close to loading up the save and there have been no changes in load order. Even for a brand new game save.

Another odd thing is that I have no issues if I start a new game, but I will be required to do so every time after I have closed skyrim and then try to restart. Again to be clear, I load Skyrim to the main menu and the only way to progress past that point is to start a new game. Loading any game save at all, even a new one that was just save a moment ago, will cause the game to get an instant ctd as soon as the loading screen comes up.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I had this exact problem some time ago  . Not knowing if you are using Alternate start . This is where my problem lay . I could not resolve the problem and had to completely remove Skyrim from my PC . Skse , every file every save . All downloaded files  . Not much help I know that is how I removed my problem . 

This seems like uninstalled mod in the middle of the game.

Try to enter in qasmoke and after load your game. 

If nothing solves you can still try the mod "Clean Save"

Or you can remove the mods little by little until you discover the culprit.

• 8 months later...

Sorry for being a Thread-Necromancer, but all the other ones are archived and I hate opening new ones.

So this is my problem:

Out of nowhere I get a CTD when loading my savegame. The thing is: I have 4 differend savegames I use in rotation. So I save in A, then in B, then in C, then in D, then overriding A, overriding B, and so on.

Now, when I try to load my savegames, the game crashes while loading (but not immediatly, like more at the end of the loading). It crashes when using savegame A, C and D, but not in B. Two of them are in the same cell, just a few meters between them, the other two are at completely other places in the world.

And when I load B and save the game immediatly, or in another cell (a house or so), and then try to load the new savegame, I also get the crash.

(Btw when starting the game I first load a clean save a made right after the start, and then load my "real" one)

I use some mods, of course, but the last one I installed was the update from Anubs Animations. And I already tried reinstallation of them, deinstallation, update and downgrade (and everything with and without running FNIS, just in case). And I have to say that savegame A crashes, although the animations weren't installed then, like with savegame B.

(And how could animations destroy a savegame...)

I also tried the crash-fix-mods (or how to call them). And I don't get an papyrus log (yes, I set the settings in the skyrim.ini at 1).

The last time I got this "I kill all your last savegames"-thing was when quitting the game during a sexlab-scene. There I could fix it by loading a savegame that was weeks old an just playing again.

So my real problem is not the corruption of the savegames but that I can't create new one. (Well, I can create them, but when loading them, i get the same CTD).

Any other ideas than deleting everything? I'm at savegame #1500-something and don't want to play everything again from the start. And installing and adjusting all the mods again.:confounded:

Thanks a lot

Archived