Small guide for creating animations for TS4 + tips and tricks.

Guest Redabyss

On 3/14/2018 at 12:05 AM, Simite said:

So for those animators who might not have these resources yet I'm going to share them here, some advanced control rigs that Dagger created and shared; which I have updated maintained to function with current WW rig. You need to have autopython scripts enabled to make the body pivoting fuction correctly. Some of the functions are on different layers to make it easier to focus on those areas separately such as the face and eye control and the finger controls on layer 2 on layer 5 is the Forward Kinamatic handles. I'd recommend playing around with the rig and testing stuff out, try rotating the controllers as well as dragging them and seeing how it fully functions. The body handle has an important function in the propertys tab, for deciding where the body will be moved and pivot from, you should only use 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1. As these are the points at which bones connect and best pivot from.

I will say that the physics are not going to be perfect for every animation, you will need to tweak the settings of them for each animation, you can change when/if there is gravity effect on them, I just added some basic settings to give examples of how to solve certain issues, then other issues present themselves with these settings depending on how the actor is positioned, its a matter of finding what works best for you because we all have different taste and animation styles and what I think looks good might not be what you're going for. It's just not possible to make settings that work for everything/everyone. (Feel free to message me for help changing the settings to better fit your animation.)

When using these control rigs you need to bake the animation onto the original EA rig, by clicking the pose tab and selecting animation then bake action. Make the start frame and end frame match that of your animation make sure to select visual keying and then hit OK. You can change the frame steps to something like 10 or 20 if you wish to further alter the animation after removing the control rig. (Again I recommend playing around with this a little bit and finding what works best.) 

Remember if you ever make a mistake while animating you can always use CTRL+Z to undo your last action, and repeat as many times as you need. It is still important to save your work and create a new file save if your not sure if something you did "looks/works better".

The Physics in these rigs is only set by default to simulate up to frame 1000, if you wish to have a longer animation then this you need to go into the soft body physics tab and then the Soft Body Cache and change the frame start and finish to match your animation exactly. You will need to do this for each object that has physics applied to it. Breast_Phys.L, Breast_Phys.R and Testicle_Phys, you find these in the control rig.

All the rigs have been improved by the wonderful Oraya and myself. If you enable Auto python scripts in your user preferences this will allow the pivoting body function to work correctly.

Here's also a link too Nanashi 2.0 for their automatic boob physics; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Alzk4jTqQ

The Futa and Male Rig is from Noir and can be found here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/74520-sims-4-noir-and-dark-sims-adult-world-05032018/ 

The rig_fem is the origional file shared by dagger that does not use the most recent version of the WW rig.

The Male rig attached to this post has the penis bones and tounge. (Improved functions by Oraya.) (Now with Testicle Physics added by me W.I.P)

The Female_Dagger's_Rig(boobphys) is like it says Female Rig with Daggers Control Rig and has boob physics created by me. (Still W.I.P)

The Futa rig has penis + testical bones, breast bones and tounge. (with Vagina where testicals would be) (Now has Breast + Testicle physics. W.I.P)

A request from a fellow animator for the Dumbaby Booty Bounce to be added to one of these rigs, I have added a dagger female rig modded to match the booty bounce rig with control rig functionality.

Credits:

Azmodan For the penis + testicle bones.

Autobanned + NaoDong* For the tounge + bones.

Noir For the Futa Sims Rigs + Various sizes for males.

Dagger For the origional animating rig I developed from.

Oraya For helping me + configuring the fingers.

Simite For the physics and general effort making these functional.

Updated 24/06/2018 (Now using the latest version of the female futa rig with vagina from Noir.)

Updated 20/09/2020 - The All 3 Rigs Final file has been updated to remove all keyframes, including removing the gravity solution I tried to use for physics and tweaked physic settings. Extended the frames physics runs for too 1000 frames, you can extend this further if your animation is longer. (Read Above)

Update: 20/09/2020 ; I have added another rig Female_Dagger's_Rig_BigBooty_Both(BoobPhys) that should simply allow the Big booty to be controlled along side all previous functionality in these control rigs. Its using the Booty rig from Dumbaby so if you don't want to make animations for this mod you don't need this rig. Additionally includes male body meshes by simdulgence in the female rig so can be used for both genders.

rig_fem.blend 1.61 MB · 760 downloads

Female_Dagger's_Rig(boobphys).blend 4.35 MB · 817 downloads

BigFutaRigBoob+TesticlePhysV2.0.blend 6.8 MB · 608 downloads

rig_MaleBPC_Master_TesticlesPhysV1.blend 4.84 MB · 892 downloads

All3_MasterRigs_Final.blend 17.9 MB · 354 downloads

Female_Dagger's_Rig_BigBooty_BOTH(BoobPhys).blend 9.88 MB · 231 downloads

What would be the simplest way to transfer the ass jiggle rig to the normal/vanilla WW mesh?

On 3/14/2018 at 12:05 AM, Simite said:

I will say that the physics are not going to be perfect for every animation, you will need to tweak the settings of them for each animation, you can change when/if there is gravity effect on them, I just added some basic settings to give examples of how to solve certain issues, then other issues present themselves with these settings depending on how the actor is positioned, its a matter of finding what works best for you because we all have different taste and animation styles and what I think looks good might not be what you're going for. It's just not possible to make settings that work for everything/everyone. (Feel free to message me for help changing the settings to better fit your animation.)

When using these control rigs you need to bake the animation onto the original EA rig, by clicking the pose tab and selecting animation then bake action. Make the start frame and end frame match that of your animation make sure to select visual keying and then hit OK. You can change the frame steps to something like 10 or 20 if you wish to further alter the animation after removing the control rig. (Again I recommend playing around with this a little bit and finding what works best.) 

Remember if you ever make a mistake while animating you can always use CTRL+Z to undo your last action, and repeat as many times as you need. It is still important to save your work and create a new file save if your not sure if something you did "looks/works better".

The Physics in these rigs is only set by default to simulate up to frame 1000, if you wish to have a longer animation then this you need to go into the soft body physics tab and then the Soft Body Cache and change the frame start and finish to match your animation exactly. You will need to do this for each object that has physics applied to it. Breast_Phys.L, Breast_Phys.R and Testicle_Phys, you find these in the control rig.

Female_Dagger's_Rig_BigBooty_BOTH(BoobPhys).blend 9.88 MB · 233 downloads

I know Simite hasn't logged in for almost a year, but I can categorically tell you all that the physics for the ass are broken. The butt bones use a Child Of constraint targeting the boob bones (which have the actual physics) and it does NOT behave properly. The butt bones are completely out of control, and the only way to fix it is by turning the constraint's influence to zero, or just removing the constraint.

If you want to animate the butt, you have to either do it manually, or set up the physics independently (instead of just using a child of constraint with the breast bones).

Here is a screenshot of the issue. The only bone I moved manually here is the root control bone. The butt bones are selected, but I haven't moved them, they just behave erratically.

butt-physics.jpg

Edited by dannysdb5

Also I still don't understand how to get the butt jiggle working in game. I have dumbaby's booty bounce mods in both my game mods folder and S4S Mods folder, but the animation still doesn't work in game. Is there some kind of step I'm missing? Am I supposed to configure the custom rig somewhere in S4S or S4PE? Someone help me cause it's driving me nuts!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...