Small guide for creating animations for TS4 + tips and tricks.

Guest Redabyss

okay, I have another question. I'm not actually animating right now, I'm just posing because I'm a beginner. I've had two issues; one, the sim's hair stretches at the chest area, and I think it has something to do with the bones(?) in the breasts, so I wanted to delete them, but I can't figure out how. second, I'm making this pose a group of six sims, and using the teleport any sim statue, everyone is in the right place except for two of my sims. all six statues should be on top of each other facing the same way... but one sim is facing the opposite direction, and another sim is suddenly several squares away from his position. I figured it had to do with the vertices labeled "b__R_Prop__" and "b__L_Prop__." I don't even know what those are, nor do I know what the "b__ROOT_bind__" one is. I think the root bind one is the location in which the sim stands, but the two props don't seem to do anything visible. any idea what I may be doing wrong?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/25/2018 at 1:10 PM, Sickotik Mods said:

Is there a way to save “chunks” of animations from the dope sheet that you use all the time like blinking, walking etc, to inject into multiple projects to save time? Like build a library of common animations you can import into your dope sheet?

You could make an Actions.blend file with all the stuff you want in it. (Blink, HandCloseL/R, Walking, etc.) Just make the animation and then save it as an action, click the little + icon and delete the previous actions keys and then make another action and save the .blend, once you're in a new file you can append the required action from the "Actions.blend" file.

Then save the action as an NLA strip and add it to your main animation, once your happy with how everything is setup how you want it you can bake the NLA strips into an action (So all blink, walk and main animation actions will become one whole action instead of just separated actions, but i'd leave this until you're basically finished with your animation.) You can then just edit from there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't used Blender for a while. Thanks for the quick tutorial. I normally use DAZ Studio, Poser or Maya XL. I find them to be more intuitive than 3ds Max (the programme I learned 3d modelling with).  I don't know if I can convert Daz, Poser and or Maya files into Blender files. I haven't tried yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 1:54 PM, The Afro Samurai said:

Do you need to still use blender 2.70a or can you use the latest version?

I personally use version 2.76 without any issues, but just did a quick animation test with version 2.79b (current latest build) and everything seems to work fine for me without any problems. (apart from me adding an extra < T > to the xml file and the mod not working, but once i deleted it, it was working perfectly fine.)

(Tested with both Female_E5_Dagger's Rig and the edited version Female_Dagger's_Rig(boobphys) I'm assuming the male ones won't have any issues either.)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, qlx said:

thanks so much for your helpful post! I'm working on an animation with this "futa" rig and wondering -- Does this rig not have separate bones for the fingers, or am I missing something?

They set it up in different layers. So just shift + left click that layer to show the finger bones. Good luck!

Capture.JPG.26aee22996e0881bc0ff3ff4c2fada08.JPG

19 hours ago, SepticSpoon said:

They set it up in different layers. So just shift + left click that layer to show the finger bones. Good luck!

Capture.JPG.26aee22996e0881bc0ff3ff4c2fada08.JPG

Thank you SO MUCH!

Here's a peek at what I'm working on!

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 1.46.34 AM.png

On 6/20/2018 at 10:47 PM, qlx said:

thanks so much for your helpful post! I'm working on an animation with this "futa" rig and wondering -- Does this rig not have separate bones for the fingers, or am I missing something?

Awesome resource qix. I was gonna do the rigify myself, but this works just fine. So as long as each character has the right filename, this file can pretty much be used for all genders?

7 hours ago, DeucesMcGee said:

Awesome resource qix. I was gonna do the rigify myself, but this works just fine. So as long as each character has the right filename, this file can pretty much be used for all genders?

That's the intention, at least it was for me.  You should be able to use the futa rig for any gender animations, the physics are maybe not perfect but they help add some movements to the boobs and testicles without needing to manually animate them(you can always remove or improve on them if you so please.). So even if the user of the animations is not using the perticular genders you intended in the order you intended they should still have animated private parts to some extent.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:47 AM, qlx said:

Your welcome, I hope I can find the time to use them myself soon. I wish you the best of luck with your animations, let me know if you need any help getting them running in game. Also let me know if you notice any problems with the rigs/physics and I'll try to fix them.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:58 AM, DeucesMcGee said:

I haven't looked into whether the vagina on this rig is placed in the same place as the "female" rig vaginas, does anybody know? I know the "masculine frame" and "feminine frame" have slightly different bottom meshes, regardless of genital configuration, so I don't know whether that would cause any complications. Might just cause some minor clipping? I guess this rig would also not work for if someone is going to be rubbing someone's clit, although I can imagine a way to do it where it would work here too (rubbing penis against the body with the palm of hand, fingertips down where a clit would be.

On 6/24/2018 at 8:18 AM, Simite said:

Your welcome, I hope I can find the time to use them myself soon. I wish you the best of luck with your animations, let me know if you need any help getting them running in game. Also let me know if you notice any problems with the rigs/physics and I'll try to fix them.

thank you! i will probably hit you up once I actually get an animation finished. (My computer crashed to restart before i had baked the position onto the rigs, so even though I saved, I lost the pose :( ). I think I know the answer to this, but there's no way to have a position to be set based on where the skin-level is, is there? That is, if I wanted someone to grab their own ass (or partners ass), the position of the hand would change based on how big the butt is? I want to make sure my animations look good on bodies of all sizes.

4 hours ago, qlx said:

I haven't looked into whether the vagina on this rig is placed in the same place as the "female" rig vaginas, does anybody know? I know the "masculine frame" and "feminine frame" have slightly different bottom meshes, regardless of genital configuration, so I don't know whether that would cause any complications. Might just cause some minor clipping? I guess this rig would also not work for if someone is going to be rubbing someone's clit, although I can imagine a way to do it where it would work here too (rubbing penis against the body with the palm of hand, fingertips down where a clit would be.

thank you! i will probably hit you up once I actually get an animation finished. (My computer crashed to restart before i had baked the position onto the rigs, so even though I saved, I lost the pose :( ). I think I know the answer to this, but there's no way to have a position to be set based on where the skin-level is, is there? That is, if I wanted someone to grab their own ass (or partners ass), the position of the hand would change based on how big the butt is? I want to make sure my animations look good on bodies of all sizes.

The vagina is in pretty much the exact same place as a female sim standing in the same space, likewise with the penis, same place and size as a male sim. Somehow Noir worked their magic to merge the two sims different bottoms into one bottom that fits both.

There is a way, in the rigs are a bunch of target slots, they are mostly hidden cause they get in the way. But if you un-hide the ones you wish to use then you can use the target slots, you would also have to use some sort of constraint like "child-of" on a left hand controller too a target slot on for example Left Breast Target slot. Then the hand would follow any difference in size or movement from the left breast. I'm not that advanced but I do know that using this method for an entire animation or animations between multiple rigs is extreemly complicated, but if its for just one part of an animation then I'm sure you can pull it off.

I think as long as the gesture is correct it should look good. A good principle of animation that's often overlooked in Wicked Whims is exaggeration of motion. A girl can be portrayed masturbating with broad, wide strokes where the hand barely glazes and doesn't even touch her vagina, but the gesture is communicated and it looks good. At least that's my take on it. I of course have been wrong in my time.

I'm trying to make a control rig of my own and I'm having trouble. The idea was to constrain each of the sim's bones to the Deform Skeleton generated by Rigify. There seems to be an issue with rotation when I add a bone constraint. The only thing that sort of works is when I use local to local as a setting, but even then the bone does a poor job following the deform skeleton. Perhaps someone could be of assistance. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. If you guys have any suggestions as to how to use rigify to control the sim's armature, I'm all ears. Here's the screenshot.

copyTransformProblem.png

1 hour ago, DeucesMcGee said:

I'm trying to make a control rig of my own and I'm having trouble. The idea was to constrain each of the sim's bones to the Deform Skeleton generated by Rigify. There seems to be an issue with rotation when I add a bone constraint. The only thing that sort of works is when I use local to local as a setting, but even then the bone does a poor job following the deform skeleton. Perhaps someone could be of assistance. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. If you guys have any suggestions as to how to use rigify to control the sim's armature, I'm all ears. Here's the screenshot.

I tried and failed many times to apply the latest rigify controllers to a sims rig, I'm lead to believe its something about the bones not being connected in the sims rig and in order for rigify to apply its magic they need to be connected so you end up making a auto biped skeleton and having the sims rig attempt to follow that and then applying the rigify controllers onto it. Maybe I also am going about it all wrong but in my best attempt to make it work it was a control rig controlling another control rig controling the sims rig. And it was very deformed movements for me too.

I figured a few things out while tweaking. Bone rolls on the standard Metarig are incorrect, it's a pain in the ass to work with because they need to be tweaked and redone for each appendage. It's taking hours but I'm in the process of figuring it all out.

On top of that, the standard sims rig has each bone rotated 90 degrees along the x-axis, causing a permanent bone roll fiasco. I'm unsure whether I'll break the rig by correcting this, but I'll try because the latest rigify is pretty snazzy and I think people can make some pretty nice  anims with it.

Lastly, I've figured out a decent breast physics system through constraining the breast bones to a rigidbody in a globular hitcage. Its easier than particles and the physics can be baked, so that'll be a tiny bonus for when I finally fix rigify for sims. It looks pretty realistic, too. :) well wish me luck.

Edit:

Well that was a complete failure. Rigify is simply incompatible with the sims rig. I am unsure how to get it to work at this point, however I'll keep looking for workarounds. The last thing I'll research are angle constraints, if I don't get it by then, I'm accepting defeat, lol.

We can't modify the standard sims rig beyond fitting extention's onto it, otherwise the origional rig being used by the game when animations are played will not match the rig you animated with. If we go beyond that and modify the origional rig by somehow convincing turbo to use an over-ride rig with "corrected" bone roll then all the existing/EA anims would be broken cause the rig they are made with is not the same bone roll. 

Also using a globular hitcage is a mesh deform and when recording into the clip + Clipheader it does not record the mesh data, only the bones. Hence why I used the method like the Nanashi rig for my physics. 

• 4 weeks later...

Although this guide is a little outdated currently as you should probably not be using these rigs for anything to do with animation because people have made much better ones. (scrolling up to post #25 will net you the required information to acquire a rig.) 

Nonetheless, most of that information is still very relevant within Blender, it's just the rig itself that is not really used anymore.

I tried to re-create the images myself after skimming through the guide. (I use female_daggers rig with the boobphysics edit by Simite & the male version with the testicle physics) Really don't forget to ctrl + alt + u (user preferences.) > File tab > check "auto run python scripts" > save user settings. Not doing this and using the dagger's rig will result in the model floating above the ground.

Spoiler

Image1.thumb.jpg.be9e187aee717088f29758b9632e32bd.jpg

Image2.thumb.jpg.8aad44b5a314634efc27733b56e28bb1.jpg

Image3.thumb.jpg.acac664e4bc64a6bc43fafd0b1c66ff7.jpg

Image4.thumb.JPG.5e5230c431f020cb1e3e2f294748054c.JPG

Image5.thumb.JPG.9acd8990ff4bd2ba7ccbaaba320a195d.JPG

Image6.thumb.JPG.538cd3c6017ad7c77785ad3dbc6d19b2.JPG

Wasn't sure what the last two images were, but i'd assume if you lost yourself in 3D space, you can press "." on your numpad to focus yourself onto a selected object. (Which you can select in the "Outliner") and the second part is ctrl + z to undo things. Again, i skimmed through the guide and just made the pictures based on my read.

• 3 weeks later...

so here's the thing that i dont understand

1. I opened up and use the rig_MaleBPC_Master_TesticlesPhysV1.blend

2. Now i want to use the rig_fem.blend to be second actor

3. and i must opened up the Object file right?

4. Now here what i dont understand? which file is needed to be append?

5. If i use the tutorial to append the rig and body parts (rig, head, top, bottom, feet) just like in tutorial, its gotta be this file right?

6. If i do that, this all file is separated and it cannot be move or edited. If i do it wrong?

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png