Raising awareness for a Problem

FIRST PERSON CLIPPING

So, I'm aware this may come off as an annoying complaint and very well might go unnoticed.

I don't know if anyone else in the loverslab community that enjoys using SexLab notices or 

really cares, but a lot and if not most animations clip in first person view. Now this makes POV

with SexLab not go together very well and so if you're having fun being a prostitute in Winterhold

and you go to please a client with say, Missionary, and the clients head clips inside of yours.... 

well lets just say we're breaking the laws of physics!

Now before I'm lashed by an angry mod developer, I'm going to disclaim having any knowledge

of how any of these things work. I'm clueless as to how POV clipping may be fixed or if it even can

be fixed other than perhaps making animations that don't involve faces getting close to anything

or perhaps it'd be possible to make a new type of first person camera that helps reduce POV 

clipping. I recognize that Skyrim is an older game and that this very well may be one of the 

reasons clipping is an issue.

With that said, the point of this forum is just to maybe raise awareness for the clipping if it isn't 

already a complaint and perhaps inspire someone to go about fixing it.

not sure if you have something like this already, but if not, it might help

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49036/?

but, as i don't realy watch the animations POV, i cant say for sure

bah beat me to it although i was going to give the LL link http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23840-immersive-first-person-view/

It might help Ivilliana if you posted a screenshot of what you mean since with proper alignment of the animations (yes it can be monotonous doing it the first time) i would have thought you could reduce your clipping woes

Since you seem to want an explanation:

Sex in Skyrim is done by working *around* the mechanisms built into the game that are supposed to keep actors from doing immersion breaking things like walking through each other.

As far as the game is concerned the actors involved in a sex act are actually not touching each other and in the games eyes each actor is performing a solo animation.

If you don't have the same exact skeleton, actor weights, actor bodies etc as the person who set the initial alignment for any given animation you are going to see alignment problems including clipping and will need to adjust the animations manually to align them properly to match your choices. Some animations you will probably never be able to align perfectly but there is in fact one very important thing to remember:

If clipping were completely prevented then no multiple actor sex animations would work since we are taking advantage of being able to clip in the first place.

Besides clipping in general, you forgot one important point when it comes about point of view: It simply doesn't exist in Skyrim, not as you know it from RL. If the camera would be exactly where your eyes are, you'd see a part of your skull and eye balls. Use free camera and fly into your skull, you'll see what i mean.

To get around that, you have to move the camera somewhere else, either above your head, or in front of it. So no, the actors don't clip into your head, they clip into the point where the camera is... to prevent that, you need a completly different alignment, and propably different animation for POV which will look just ridiculous if you switch to third person. And there again comes the point when somebody wants something special nobody else is really intrested in enough to do it... if you want it, you have to do it yourself. 

Or you use only animations that already work in POV, doggy should usually work i guess, some missionary maybe too, but everything with kissing/heads close together... that won't work.

To improve some animations, what you're actually looking for is a mod for better POV, not better animations.

Archived