This is getting out of control

Frozium

I've cried for help too many times just to solve this, but I never accomplish it.

Basically, all loading screens get longer and longer as I reboot the computer. No, it doesn't happen when quitting and restarting Skyrim, it happens when turning off the comp. and the turning it on.

I've tried installing the so recommended ENBoost, but that doesn't solve the loading screen problem at all.

I need help. I'm afraid I won't be able to play Skyrim until I get a new computer (and oh boy, that's gonna take too damn long).

EDIT: Does installing Skyrim in a folder other than C:\ cause problems?

I've cried for help too many times just to solve this, but I never accomplish it.

Basically, all loading screens get longer and longer as I reboot the computer. No, it doesn't happen when quitting and restarting Skyrim, it happens when turning off the comp. and the turning it on.

I've tried installing the so recommended ENBoost, but that doesn't solve the loading screen problem at all.

I need help. I'm afraid I won't be able to play Skyrim until I get a new computer (and oh boy, that's gonna take too damn long).

How many and what mods do you have? 

Also what are your rig specs?

EDIT: Does installing Skyrim in a folder other than C:\ cause problems?

If it's loading your initial save that's the issue you should try Continue Game No Crash:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557/?

It only affects the continue game option in the main menu.  If you load a save manually it doesn't do anything.

SKSE?

And skip the mod Continue game no crash. I cant recommend any one to use it since it is trash.

It actually messes whit some other mods. Like SkyUi.

Better to fix the issue you have then add mods that adds more issues to your game.

And dont use your autosaves, make sure that you make hard saves as often you can.

Have you checked Steam/Skyrim for your issues?

Did you disable autosaves?

SKSE?

And skip the mod Continue game no crash. I cant recommend any one to use it since it is trash.

It actually messes whit some other mods. Like SkyUi.

Better to fix the issue you have then add mods that adds more issues to your game.

And dont use your autosaves, make sure that you make hard saves as often you can.

Have you checked Steam/Skyrim for your issues?

Yes and yes. I have SKSE and the autosaves disabled.

How many and what mods do you have? 

Also what are your rig specs?

The mods don't really matter since it always happen to me no matter what mods I have installed. As for now, I've made Skyrim vanilla again.

And about my "rig" (because I use a laptop), here are my specs (ASUS K53S):

-CPU: Intel Core i5-2450M, 2.5GHz

-GPU: Nvdia GeForce 610M 2GB (laptop's weakest point)

-RAM: 8GB (2x 4GB modules) (modified, it was only 4GB before).

If I have skipped something, let me know.

Ok. Did you set up your SKSE.ini file properly?

I just install SKSE. Nobody has ever told me in 3 years that I have to change something in SKSE.ini

Ok.

Create one skse.ini file whit notepad and save it in your data\skse\ folder

Paste this in the file you did create and save, make sure that .txt is not there.

[General]

EnableDiagnostics=1

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[Memory]

defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

scrapHeapSizeMB=256

Ok.

Paste this in the file you did create and save, make sure that .txt is not there.

[General]

EnableDiagnostics=1

[Display]

[Memory]

scrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Display]

Is that the optimal resolution?

Ok.

[General]

EnableDiagnostics=1

[Display]

[Memory]

scrapHeapSizeMB=256

[Display]

Is that the optimal resolution?

It's a good middleground. If you can handle it, 4096 is ideal.

I'm not certain how finicky SKSE is with letter casing, but the correct format of the memory lines are:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Always best to be sure I guess.

Also add this to your ini too, helps if you ever start getting "inexpiable" crashes. Searching the crash code will usually give you a heading.

[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1

Load time is based on hardrive speed, and cpu and memory speed. The culprit is very likely a failing hard drive but if you are just starting up windows you may have a bunch of crap using your hardrive for some time, windows updates and virus scanners tend to run for a while.

Check with task manager for drive, memory, and processor use and make sure the drive and processor are not running at more than 10% at most before starting skyrim.

You may have to manually halt some non windows processes, laptops almost always have tons of bloatware that eat up resources.

If you are still having very long loading when drive is not in use by bloatware then open control panel, find administartive tools open and go to computer management, go to disk management and right click on your drive that skyrim is installed to and select properties, click tools tab and select check drive for errors and let it run. If there are no errors shown then I would recommend using windows memory management tools to do a memory test you will have to search for that procedure as mine is not setup standard for me to use it as an example.

Load time is based on hardrive speed, and cpu and memory speed. The culprit is very likely a failing hard drive but if you are just starting up windows you may have a bunch of crap using your hardrive for some time, windows updates and virus scanners tend to run for a while.

Check with task manager for drive, memory, and processor use and make sure the drive and processor are not running at more than 10% at most before starting skyrim.

You may have to manually halt some non windows processes, laptops almost always have tons of bloatware that eat up resources.

If you are still having very long loading when drive is not in use by bloatware then open control panel, find administartive tools open and go to computer management, go to disk management and right click on your drive that skyrim is installed to and select properties, click tools tab and select check drive for errors and let it run. If there are no errors shown then I would recommend using windows memory management tools to do a memory test you will have to search for that procedure as mine is not setup standard for me to use it as an example.

You didn't quite understand it. It loads fine, but whenever I restart Skyrim after having turned off and on the computer, it slows down.

Of course there's always the chance that was pure coincidence and Skyrim simply gets longer loading screens "by itself".

It's a good middleground. If you can handle it, 4096 is ideal.

Ideal? Remember that I'm seeking performance, not quality. 4096 textures eat a huge chunk of my RAM.

I've got those entries added to my Skyrim.ini file. Does that make any difference?

Did you just say you've put SKSE.ini options into your skyrim.ini?

olordy, someone needs to read up on the basics.

The article I read some months ago said nothing about those being SKSE only. I was looking for settings to better manage my system's memory resources and the article clearly stated to put it in Skyrim.ini. Now, is that my fault or the fault of the person writing the wiki piece I was following?

And, for the record, I never saw any problems with what I did. I did see a small overall improvement to my game.

The SKSE.INI entries under the [Memory] section are not really needed anymore if you use crash fixes, (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/? ). i.e. they were originally intended to cope with extending the crappy Power-PC memory allocation method used for the consoles, but came with the PC conversion.

O/P didn't say if they were using Crash fixes. If not do so. You still need SKSE obviously but those particular entries arn't needed, (although they don't hurt if you have them because the allocation method is different and therefore they are just ignored). Read the crash fixes ini documentation for other interesting stuff it does, (or just look on this site or the nexus at the crash fixes threads). Might help.  

I've got those entries added to my Skyrim.ini file. Does that make any difference?

Did you just say you've put SKSE.ini options into your skyrim.ini?

olordy, someone needs to read up on the basics.

The article I read some months ago said nothing about those being SKSE only. I was looking for settings to better manage my system's memory resources and the article clearly stated to put it in Skyrim.ini. Now, is that my fault or the fault of the person writing the wiki piece I was following?

And, for the record, I never saw any problems with what I did. I did see a small overall improvement to my game.

Fault of whoever wrote it if they didn't say that those memory values go into SKSE.ini. Whatever effect you saw must be coincidental because they will do nothing in skyrim.ini.

The SKSE.INI entries under the [Memory] section are not really needed anymore if you use crash fixes, (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/? ). i.e. they were originally intended to cope with extending the crappy Power-PC memory allocation method used for the consoles, but came with the PC conversion.

O/P didn't say if they were using Crash fixes. If not do so. You still need SKSE obviously but those particular entries arn't needed, (although they don't hurt if you have them because the allocation method is different and therefore they are just ignored). Read the crash fixes ini documentation for other interesting stuff it does, (or just look on this site or the nexus at the crash fixes threads). Might help.  

I kinda beg to differ with that, I've done some testing and found that keeping the SKSE memory patch values still add some stability on top of using crash fixes, I know the author said they aren't needed but clearly something is falling back on them.

Archived