Photoshop problems

Basicly im getting my butt kicked. I just released a follower mod on nexus(ashling golden-hilt). I want to add to her with some tats. Following a turtorial and im getting through gimp process fine. In gimp add tattoos files and export as dds. I can load them in photoshop on top of my femalebody_1 dds file for her, problem 1 my photoshop is not showing me a process that turtorial shows me. Problem 2 its not wrking in game. 1st attempt my fb_1 dds increased,thought i had. Went into game and purple skin. As of now im downloading different photoshop, not sure if i had the right one. My specs are windows7 64bit. Any help?ideas?

Also. I tried a few photoshop dds plugin files. Ive tried alot(5hours worth) hoping im missing something easy that some with knowledge can point out.

P.s. not really a computer guy

Paint-net. Im on it. Thanks. Go check ashling golden-hilt out. Shes pretty basic. Has own textures and meshes, and she shouts

Not sure about photoshop as I always use gimp 2 and paint-net. Paint-net is nice because you can load multiple files at one time into their own spots and you can transfer parts from one to a different one fairly easily.

does paintnet require a dds plugin file?

Still no luck with paint-net. Idk if im missing something. Load tats in gimp, export png file of tats. Load femalebody_1dds into paint-net. Drag tats png file on top of ,sprawled out human rug,skin and everything looks good. After i export that my femalebody_1dds actually gets smaller and i have purpleskin with no tats. Thankfully i enjoy kicking, yelling,screaming,punching,boiling water,sitting on toilet,throwing boiling water at wall"fuck you wall".....

I always work with jpegs and have done a lot of tattoo stuff. I basically load the .dds file for the body into paint-net the load the tattoo into a new slot use the magic stick to highlight the tattoo and keep holding button down to keep selecting more spots till the tattoo is completely highlighted. Then I use cut to cut t and switch to the .dds file then paste it and move and scale it to where you want it at and then ovrwrite .dds file.

It is best to alter the texture file right in the body file folder just make sure to make a back up of it before hand then when you overwrite the texture file you should be able to see in change in nifskope and be able to see if that is what you want or not. If it isn't undo and try again.

This is one I did awhile back for my skyrim character using tattoos from fallout4.

post-25667-0-25706500-1485387807_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-34004000-1485387820_thumb.jpg

Wrong format.

Go back to photoshop, do whatever you're going to do, save what you did as an uncompressed tga with alpha channel.

Open the TGA in paint.net, save is an RGBA DDS file, also uncompressed for best results or DXT5 with alpha for my graphics card is potato results.

tAcR1.jpg

Fair Skin blended with an 8K 10 bit front/back profile image of Jelena Jensen's actual skin sans make up under 5.5K lighting and Bee's original tattoos minus glamazon make up put back where they should go via the method I explained.

Appretiate the help guys. I think i have it worked out. I missed something in tutorial video i was watching and it made me think that i had wrong Photoshop or i had wrong dds plugin or i had said tools installed wrong and or wrong location. Spin in circles i was. My follower mod will get updated, w/ better despriction page here soon. Thanks

One thing I noticed working with TGA and PNG files in paint-net is that if you save them as .dds file you'll lose any transparency that any of those files had. But I found a work around for them first load the TGA/PNG file into paint-net then resize to correct size and use save file as .dds then hit ok. Once done hit save as and save file as PNG. Take the .dds file and load it into gimp2. Delete out the whole picture then drop the PGN file on top of the .DDS file and you will be good to go now just save as to overwrite the file.

48.0 MB (50,335,744 bytes) femalebody_1 dds before tats

21.3 MB (22,372,352 bytes) femaleboey_1 dds after adding tats

i had successfully added tattoos to my female follower mod, however my concern is i didn't do something right because my dds file shrunk after adding to it,    i have to be right about something being wrong, right? theres no reason why my dds should have gottern smaller

One thing I noticed working with TGA and PNG files in paint-net is that if you save them as .dds file you'll lose any transparency that any of those files had. But I found a work around for them first load the TGA/PNG file into paint-net then resize to correct size and use save file as .dds then hit ok. Once done hit save as and save file as PNG. Take the .dds file and load it into gimp2. Delete out the whole picture then drop the PGN file on top of the .DDS file and you will be good to go now just save as to overwrite the file.

No such animal.

You save it as rgba 8888 or dxt5 and you will lose nothing, which is the entire point of saving it in those formats.

@heroine sugarsnatch

To resize something load it into paint-net and change width 2048 height 2048 then overwrite or save as.

@27X

I have neither one of those options for paint-net I have .PDN .BMP .GIF .JPEG .PNG .TIFF .TGA and .DDS and these are the only ones I can save as. Gimp2 I think might have those options but I use it more for it's awesome lasso tool.

i just ran it through photoshop again. same as paint net.    my dds gets smaller,  when i hit save in photoshop  it ask the format. i only see i dds to choose, i click it and it takes to kinda small nvidia box where i choose the " rgba 8888 or dxt5 " and it saves,  i go to where that file is and its smaller,  however i'm seeing it in game and it looks right.  gonna go run through entire process again with gimp and photoshop 

@heroine sugarsnatch

To resize something load it into paint-net and change width 2048 height 2048 then overwrite or save as.

@27X

I have neither one of those options for paint-net I have .PDN .BMP .GIF .JPEG .PNG .TIFF .TGA and .DDS and these are the only ones I can save as. Gimp2 I think might have those options but I use it more for it's awesome lasso tool.

Those are DDS formats.

i just ran it through photoshop again. same as paint net.    my dds gets smaller,  when i hit save in photoshop  it ask the format. i only see i dds to choose, i click it and it takes to kinda small nvidia box where i choose the " rgba 8888 or dxt5 " and it saves,  i go to where that file is and its smaller,  however i'm seeing it in game and it looks right.  gonna go run through entire process again with gimp and photoshop 

Which is why you save it as an uncompressed tga in photoshop.

You guys are making this hilariously complicated.

1. Open with gimp or photshop

2. edit, combine meld smack it up flip it rub it down oh no I need a body bag

3. save as TGA, uncompressed full quality TGA

4 Open TGA with Paint.net

5 save as DDS, RGBA 8888

that's it, done.

Archived