FNIS - Error(9): Index was outside the bounds of the array

This keeps happening whenever i try to run FNIS.
First of: Yes i am using the XXL version and i have done the math the files do add up.
Second of: it does work when deactivating halo's poser and running the other mods, or having halo's poser and deactivating most of the SL animations.

Here is the FNIS log thingie.

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<
FNIS Behavior V6.3 XXL   24.01.2017 17.37.44
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - 
Generator: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading Defeat V5  ( 0 furniture, 2 offset, 3 paired, 1 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading EstrusChaurus V4.23 ...
Reading FNISBase V6.3 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...
Reading FNISSexyMove V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 18 alternate animations) ...
Reading FunnyBizBeastly V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizBound V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFemDom V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizFun V10.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizGroup V8.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizGuro V5.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizLover V7.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMC V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMolag V1.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizMtb V3.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizNecro V10.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizRape V10.0 ...
Reading FunnyBizUn V9.0 ...
Reading HalosPoser V?.? ...
Reading HalosPoser2 V?.? ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading PinupPoser V?.? ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V6.1  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....

ERROR(9): Indeksen var utenfor matrisegrensen.

First of: Yes i am using the XXL version and i have done the math the files do add up.

Second of: it does work when deactivating halo's poser and running the other mods, or having halo's poser and deactivating most of the SL animations.

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<

Generator: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Reading Defeat V5  ( 0 furniture, 2 offset, 3 paired, 1 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNISSexyMove V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 18 alternate animations) ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V6.1  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

First, get rid of the "non-steam" warning by launching the game once through Steam.  You don't need to load a game or anything, just launch and quit at the first opportunity.  This sets the proper registry entry so that warning won't appear again.  As for the actual error, there is a known issue with the XXL version.  There is a fix available, but you'll need to search here on LL for it (use the search and look for "XXL").  Unfortunately I don't have that link off-hand.  It is an official fix by fore (the author of FNIS), but he hasn't released a new version with that fix yet.  Again, use the search and search for XXL.

You appear to (possibly) have pirated Skyrim.  Good luck getting any help.  ;)

In this case it's not pirated.  They just need to run Skyrim once through Steam to set the Registry.  Pirated versions have a distinct pattern to the install path and folder names (and definitely don't install in the "steam" paths). 

Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...

First, get rid of the "non-steam" warning by launching the game once through Steam.  You don't need to load a game or anything, just launch and quit at the first opportunity.  This sets the proper registry entry so that warning won't appear again.  As for the actual error, there is a known issue with the XXL version.  There is a fix available, but you'll need to search here on LL for it (use the search and look for "XXL").  Unfortunately I don't have that link off-hand.  It is an official fix by fore (the author of FNIS), but he hasn't released a new version with that fix yet.  Again, use the search and search for XXL.

You appear to (possibly) have pirated Skyrim.  Good luck getting any help.  ;)

In this case it's not pirated.  They just need to run Skyrim once through Steam to set the Registry.  Pirated versions have a distinct pattern to the install path and folder names (and definitely don't install in the "steam" paths). 

Cheers, for the quick reply!

Do you happen to know about any of these fixes? Been searching for a couple of days, and no my game is not pirated.

Reason is there is a limit to the max amount of animations added via Fnis.

In other words get rid of some pose/animation mods.

I did the math though it support 12000 animations, and i have around 11400. 

The animations shouldn't be the problem, at least that is what i am hoping for.

Pretty sure it's about 9000 animations max

Well otherwise you wouldn't get that error "outside the bounds of array".

I've seen that error countless times on my download page and I'm quite sure you've surpassed the animation limit.

I've seen that error countless times on my download page and I'm quite sure you've surpassed the animation limit.

Weird the FNIS XXL thingie says that there should be a 12000 animation cap.

might just be bugged or something.

"Optional version which allows 12000 custom animations (instead of 8000). Also adds npc_turn Alternate Animations. Attention: this version runs slower on weak PCs. Increased load CTD likelihood for 8000+ animations is possible"

"Optional version which allows 12000 custom animations (instead of 8000). Also adds npc_turn Alternate Animations. Attention: this version runs slower on weak PCs. Increased load CTD likelihood for 8000+ animations is possible"

I always thought that regular one has 6000 and the XXL one goes up to 8000-9000, I'll go check the FNIS page again.

So apparently 12000 is max, the error you get is definitely the one for too many animations so you might have more animations than you think.

So apparently 12000 is max, the error you get is definitely the one for too many animations so you might have more animations than you think.

Nope. Did the math again, and i have 9697 animations.

this frustrating.

Nope. Did the math again, and i have 9697 animations.

this frustrating.

Just curious, how do you count the animations?

Also, since disabling the poser mod works, the problem is definitely having too many animations. You either counted wrong or FNIS has false advertising.

I'm not !00% but sexlab animations are made of multiple animations, each for every stage, do you count each stage individually or just the whole paired animation?

Do you happen to know about any of these fixes? Been searching for a couple of days, and no my game is not pirated.

Took 30 seconds to find the link (however, it was faster searching for XXL2).  This is the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wJfSHB28r8MERNaEFGeE5DYjg

It is a replacement for the generator (the .exe file).

This is where I found the link:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/48839-funnybizness-animation-resources/?p=1739032.

Give that a try and see if that makes a difference.

Took 30 seconds to find the link (however, it was faster searching for XXL2).  This is the link:

This is where I found the link:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/48839-funnybizness-animation-resources/?p=1739032.

You seem to be a lot better than me at googling things.

Thanks you dude, this solved my issue!

You seem to be a lot better than me at googling things.

Thanks you dude, this solved my issue!

It went a little faster once I remembered "XXL2".  Also, to be clear, I was referring to the LoversLab forum searches at the top of the page, not specifically google or other general internet searches ;) .  Glad that fix worked, although you still may be bordering on the raggedy edge of the max animations.  I don't use poser mods myself, so I actually use the regular FNIS (not the XXL version).  I also cut out some of the animations from some of the packs that I know I'll never use (sleep, necro, draugr/undead, vore, etc), so it keeps my animation list a little more manageable.

Again, glad the fix worked for you (although the bigger thanks goes to fore for actually putting out the fix, and for FNIS in general :) ).

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you, thank you!  Was having this prob too and didn't know there was an XXL2.exe!

• 11 months later...

What worked for me was that i re-installed sexlab.

then ran skee loader without MOrganizer in admin mode to make sure it isn't skyrim's main folder at fault by testing the animations within the game.

Once i made sure the animations worked without launching ske through mod organizer, i proceed to uncheck every single mod in MO while 

launching Generate fnis every 15 mods or so.

If it were a individual mod at fault, should be simple to nail it down by spamming generate.

But for me, think it was a bug. 

Fixed it by unchecking all of my mods, then launched generate before re-checking them all for a second generate update.

3 hours ago, mooogommo said:

What worked for me was that i re-installed sexlab.

then ran skee loader without MOrganizer in admin mode to make sure it isn't skyrim's main folder at fault by testing the animations within the game.

Once i made sure the animations worked without launching ske through mod organizer, i proceed to uncheck every single mod in MO while 

launching Generate fnis every 15 mods or so.

If it were a individual mod at fault, should be simple to nail it down by spamming generate.

But for me, think it was a bug. 

Fixed it by unchecking all of my mods, then launched generate before re-checking them all for a second generate update.

You necro an old post. At that time there was a "real" bug in XXL that caused this error 9, and therefore the update work-around with XXL2.

Currently there is also an error 9 issue, but only when you are using too many mods with FNIS "Alternate Animations". So the error 9 is "only" bad text where you have to react anyway: remove mods with AAs.

• 3 years later...

Just got this FNIS error on a large load order I modified from a Wabbajack list (1189 mods/1085 plugins). Fix is to disable all mods in left pane of MO2, then just enable FNIS Behavior, FNIS Creatures, and distinct animation mods (e.g., SLAL mods), and then FNIS should run without throwing off the array error. Then add your DAR mods and do it again, then add any other animation mods you may have (e.g., FNIS Sexy Moves) and run it again, etc., until you've exhausted what you think are all your animation mods. Then re-enable everything, disable FNIS Behavior, Creatures, and Output and run Nemesis, and your 32,000+ animations will run in-game. You can re-enable FNIS, FNIS Creatures and FNIS Output after running Nemesis. Works a treat if you want Sexy Moves, nasty creature animations, and have a whole bunch of "nemesis-only we don't like FNIS" mods.