The String Issue

Heya!

I had an issue previously with the String-Count in Skyrim, but was able to cull enough mods to get it so the game was stable. Well now, after a break and some updating, it looks like I'm back to having too high of a String-Count. According to TESV ESSE I'm at 63K strings right out of the gate without activating all mods or any of SLAL's animations.

So before I set out to slice and dice my mod list, I wanted to see if there were any solutions to this issue that may have cropped up that I missed? I do use Crash Fixes, but I did not noticed that it helped much if at all.  

Is your Crash Fixes up to date? My latest file's been sitting at 71000 strings according to ReSaver and the crash issue hasn't occurred.

Are you even sure your issues are related? If you haven't hit 65535 strings yet it sounds more like your problem is just something unstable somewhere. The strings problem causes a complete crash on loading any and all saves made, not mere instability.

Is your Crash Fixes up to date? My latest file's been sitting at 71000 strings according to ReSaver and the crash issue hasn't occurred.

Are you even sure your issues are related? If you haven't hit 65535 strings yet it sounds more like your problem is just something unstable somewhere. The strings problem causes a complete crash on loading any and all saves made, not mere instability.

I believe its up to date. I'm running Crash Fixes v12. I followed the install instructions, but have not done any of the additional suggestions listed in the description page of the mod.

Also, I think I mistyped earlier when mentioned stability. Basically when loading my saves they CTD. This is limited to the saves that have too many strings. For instance, the only save that I can actually get a string count on is the initial boot-up save that has about 63k. I always make a "base" save after turning on and tweeking all mods. This save (still in the Alternate Start Cell) will load, but when I run TESV ESSE it can not report the number of strings (I get the "Out of Memory" message). Gameplay wise, after choosing a Life I can play for a bit, but ultimately not load the save.

So I'm guessing there's not much else out there to help with the string issue except the Crash Fixes and Restringer?

Archived