BOSS Not Recognizing mods

Hey, I downloaded almost all of the Lovers mods (followed all instructions), and when I went to run BOSS, it didn't recognize a large list of them. I tried reordering the mods manually, using the load order provided with Lovers with PK 1.4.1 rev 85. I also used OBMM to reorder them. However, if I try to run oblivion with any of the unrecognized mods checked, oblivion just crashes before it can do anything. (I launch Oblivion from the the OBMM application)

Here is the list of unrecognized mods:

(copied and pasted from BOSS)

Unrecogised Mod Files

Reorder these by hand using your favourite mod ordering utility.

Unknown mod file: LoveShack.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversVoiceSSP.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversJoburgv116.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversSelf.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversLoveMucus.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversLoveJuice.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversSoundVolumeDown.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversMB2.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversPower.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversContraception.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversBackup2.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversHVirus.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversStupidNpc.esp

Unknown mod file: LoversMagic.esp

Your issue isn't so much as BOSS unrecognizing them but rather due to corrupt ESPs or lack of master (ESM) for Lovers. I think you can disable a few of those ESPs through OBMM and Oblivion should load up again. For example, you don't need LoversShack and LoversVoiceSSP (if you have LoversVoiceSSPPlus installed). Refer to the Downloads section here at Lovers Lab to find out which Lovers ESP files are kept up to date so you'll know which ones to disable/remove.

Also, no need to launch Oblivion from OBMM if your game is patched to the latest version.

Archived