Unusual animation speed issue in FO:NV

Recently I'm getting this bug that whenever I'm in interiors all animations are speeded up, like... my char reloads her magnum like Lucky Luke, runs like Usain Bolt etc etc... you get the point. Animations aren't speeded up at first, their speed gradually intensifies to a point that their speed is maintained with little oscillation.

I tried unloading all mods, disabling auto save, removing all kf files from _male folder, deleting fallout.ini, clicking on my char and typing resurrect/kill on console to no avail.

Any ideas?

Recently I'm getting this bug that whenever I'm in interiors all animations are speeded up' date=' like... my char reloads her magnum like Lucky Luke, runs like Usain Bolt etc etc... you get the point. Animations aren't speeded up at first, their speed gradually intensifies to a point that their speed is maintained with little oscillation.

I tried unloading all mods, disabling auto save, removing all kf files from _male folder, deleting fallout.ini, clicking on my char and typing resurrect/kill on console to no avail.

Any ideas?

[/quote']

Do you have a multicore CPU? Have you edited your Fallout.ini or Fallout_default.ini lately?

It sounds like your game is running on all the cores of your CPU and increasing the game speed exponentially. I might be wrong, but it sounds like what used to happen in Neverwinter Nights before it had multicore CPU support. Try adding the line "iNumHWThreads=2" at the end of your Fallout_default.ini (after making a backup) and test if that helps any.

I'm not sure how to set CPU affinity for it so maybe just giving it the number of threads will help. I could be way off on your problem though.

edit: forgot to mention only do that test I suggested if you do indeed have a multicore CPU.

edit2: you might also want to do that test to your Fallout.ini as well, for some reason for me changing that one didn't affect my game only the default one but it might be different for you. And finally if that doesn't work I'd try regenerating your .ini from the backup default and seeing if that helps any if you had previously made changes to it.

Yeah, I have a multicore CPU and edited Fallout.ini recently with a tool named New Vegas Configator... which apparently edited Fallout_default.ini as well because simply letting the game replace Fallout.ini in My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV didn't solve the issue. Luckily, I have an old backup of Fallout_default.ini. Replaced the edited one with the backup, problem's solved. ^^

Btw, I inserted that line but as "iNumHWThreads=4", since my CPU has 4 physical cores... I think. So the culprit wasn't specifically that command, prolly something else I messed with(I suspect it was one of those threaded-something lines). Maybe performance will increase with this config(4 instead of 2)?

Thanks for the help.

Archived