Weight Painting

Could anyone please help me weight paint this nif? I have no idea what I am doing.

I can send the nif if anyone could help make sure that there is no clipping or stretching while in game.

screenshot__281__by_lunarscapes-dasf5i6.

Hi,

for the weight-painting you Need a Skeleton and a Body so far.

And you should also load an Animation into the 3dsmax for weight-painting all along the Frames (for running for example)....

It´s recommended to watch some vids and go to the 3dsmax knowledge-pages and load or print down some GUIDES.

Ingame you Need to check out the clothes, until you get a playable result.

Could anyone please help me weight paint this nif? I have no idea what I am doing.

I can send the nif if anyone could help make sure that there is no clipping or stretching while in game.

screenshot__281__by_lunarscapes-dasf5i6.

Hi,

for the weight-painting you Need a Skeleton and a Body so far.

And you should also load an Animation into the 3dsmax for weight-painting all along the Frames (for running for example)....

It´s recommended to watch some vids and go to the 3dsmax knowledge-pages and load or print down some GUIDES.

Ingame you Need to check out the clothes, until you get a playable result.

I do have a skeleton and body already, it's just not shown. I've tried importing a running animation, but I can never get the painting to work. I was wondering there was any type of clothing/dress mod that I could take the weights off of and apply them to mine.

some mesh stretching in that area (front and back) is inevitable without skirt bones, you can try using the vanilla female skeletons skirt bones and try to get a smooth blend with those next to the pelvis and thighs.  for reference take a look at the weights on the nocturnal robe.   As it stands this kind of skirt length will never look as good as it could.

you should have started from a reference body (Vanilla, CBBE or UUNP if it for skyrim) and you should use a skyrim skeleton. Copy weights from a reference body or from the skeleton, cut the body mesh where it is hidden under ther armor\dress, animate the skleleton as you wish (i have my custom controllers with fk and ik but in blender) to check the skinning, hand paint or smooth the zones that will surely look bad,

If you have a tight skirt you should avoid to use skirt bones.

1. Make your body visible again - you can freeze the body

2. You should display edges - so you see better problems

3. You should use animation:

The simplest method for this case.

- Set the timebar to frame 40 (for example) and click AutoKey

- Rotate the Bones (skelet) NPC L Thigh [LThg] and NPC R Thigh [RThg]

- when finished with rotate, click again on Autokey - now you have animation of 40 frames

-  Now you better see the problems in the skin and also clipping with the body.

- It is important that the finshing (eg BS DismemberSkin Modifier) is at Frame 0 or reimport skleton with "clear ianmation" option before.

Try it.

If you want to send nif, then also the body and the skelet - or say, which skelet you use

Archived