Hair esp overrides Racemenu v3?

Lawlz24

Hi! So I followed a youtube tutorial on combining hairs using the creation kit and it worked perfectly and the hair looks pretty good except for one problem.

My custom .esp with the combined hair for some reason seems to override Racemenu? When the .esp is activated, no matter what the load order, a whole bunch of Racemenu V3 sliders disappear and this then renders previous saves that used the missing sliders obsolete.

I'm not sure why this is happening? I only loaded the SG hair pack .esm and .esp in the creation kit and combined the hairs using the extra parts method and I didnt overwrite anything at all to my knowledge? I tried reinstalling the esp with MO and manually and redoing the mod twice but it still overwrites Racemenu no matter where I put it in the load order for some reason. 

When the .esp is disabled, Racemenu works perfectly as well as any saves using it.

Any help would be really appreciated!

When the .esp is disabled, Racemenu works perfectly as well as any saves using it.

then the problem is in the esp, whatever it is

check for errors in tesedit

if there was some in the original esp, the merge is worse (stuff after the errors wasn't copy paste)

hairs mods it's just some headparts

if there's more, open armor, formlist, quest, whatever there is, and take a look

copy paste stuff in temp esp, delete from merge esp, and check in game if problem was that (there's no need to understand whatever it is to fix it)

then the problem is in the esp, whatever it is

check for errors in tesedit

if there was some in the original esp, the merge is worse (stuff after the errors wasn't copy paste)

hairs mods it's just some headparts

if there's more, open armor, formlist, quest, whatever there is, and take a look

copy paste stuff in temp esp, delete from merge esp, and check in game if problem was that (there's no need to understand whatever it is to fix it)

Thank you for replying to my post!

I checked with tes5edit and it found no errors in either my modded .esp or the SG hair pack .esp or .esm or Racemenu or its plugins.

I'm not sure about how to proceed with the second part, though. The hairs only consist of hairlines and hairs with their respective .nifs and .tri files. Are you suggesting I try to use those parts in armor?

if it work with those esp, and it don't work with the merge esp

that mean the merge esp is no good

if it's only headparts, then the problem is somewhere there, as for how headparts could mess up racemenu... no idea

I just did another test, in which I disabled my custom .esp and then tried changing an SG hair nif mesh directly and letting it overwrite the original nif. For some strange reason, this causes the same weird error with Racemenu to happen as well. with sliders missing and previous saves unusable.

I don't understand why editing a nif directly would have any effect on Racemenu. I also tried reinstalling Racemenu with MO after doing this change but same result.

Maybe I should try reinstalling Racemenu manually this time after editing either a nif or my combined hair.esp? This is all rly strange.

Is in your ESP assigning the races correctly?
E.g. FemaleHeadHumansAndVampire.
And "playable" set?

Yup, and the esp itself works perfectly on its own but causes some weird issues with racemenu. Same when I try to edit the .Nifs of the hairs directly without going through creation kit. 

I'm admittedly kinda inexperienced with TES5Edit so maybe I'm doing something wrong but according to the report it shows me, the esp is clean?

Yup, and the esp itself works perfectly on its own but causes some weird issues with racemenu. Same when I try to edit the .Nifs of the hairs directly without going through creation kit.

that mean the thing you did in the crap kit don't work perfectly...

why you want to edit hair nifs anyway? forget that crap kit tuto

reinstall mod a b c d... to override the crap done with crap kit

tesedit, merge plugin, and put mod a b c in mod d (the one used by most presets so not all of them become bald)

Archived