Facial Idles -- sexout + FAFF

So I've been playing around a little with the FAFF face morphs and sexout, and they do work fine together... sort of.

The facial animations do not, these are the ones that start with 'fe'. The morphs, which start with 'fm', do play side by side with sexout animations, but there is a bit of a problem..

Whenever you apply a facial morph, it causes the character to momentarily stand back up, interrupting the sex animation. Unless I can get this solved (perhaps with YOUR help! You! Yes you!) this means the best I will be able to do is apply a single facial morph before sex begins, and then remove it at the end. I will not be able to change expressions during sex, which is what I think we'd all like to see.

I have a feeling this is a simple bone weight problem in the .KF files, but I haven't looked, and am not really sure where to start.

According to the GECK wiki, two different idle animations can play together if:

1. They are in different groups. To this end I've experimented with moving the animations in the FAFF files from 'special idle' to just 'idle'. Other options may work better, and I may have to move all the sexout animations to a different group as well. I'm not sure.

2. The two animations are using different bones; e.g. the bones used in one animation are not used at all in the other.

I've only been experimenting in the console. If I put the playidle for the facial morph right before sexout calls pickidle, the actor might not have a chance to move from his/her position, but this seems like a kludge.

So this is a call out to everyone interested in getting facial morphs working in sexout. Install the FAFF animations and ESP (but not the skeleton -- use astymma's), and play around with the idles. See if you can figure out what I'm missing.

My goal is to get them setup so that, in the console, you can do "player.playidle fm01" while the player is having sex, and have their facial expression change without them standing back up.

(download removed -- FAFF included with sexout now).

Oh, see you found the mod I've DL'ed a while ago. Glad the author gave permission for its usage.

As I tested various facial expressions, I found that their duration is short, like 15 seconds worth, and could not get the expressions to stick around, even before any sex was initiated. Also, the TFC console command for camera views immediately turns off the expression.

Then I had an odd thought. I equipped my minigun, fired it at a wall, and kept firing while using the F camera key to see the results. The PC's face had the angry expression on while firing. But when I used the TFC command again, I could not get the expression to manifest. Same with the Finger of God weapon mod I found on Nexus (in this screenshot):

screenshot36ib.jpg

Since Sexout animations switch Camera Mode when engaged, my question is this:

Could the Camera Mode be a factor in cancelling out facial animations during a Sexout scene, like the erasure of the angry face when firing and reloading certain weapons using the TFC command?

The expressions only work on the player if you're in TFC... that said, it also depends on which ones you use.

The ones that start with 'fa' are full blown 'animations.' They only last a short time, and cannot be played side by side with other animations. The ones tat start 'fm' are morphs which last indefinitely. If you do a 'player.playidle fm01' on your character, it will last "forever" or at least until you manually reset it with the resetface idle or whatever it's called.

My issue is just the fact that the actor stands up when I apply it, then goes back into whatever other idle they are supposed to be playing the next time the clock 'ticks' and the engine calls pickidle. Sexout calls pickidle itself fairly often, but probably not often enough to *change* the facial animations during an act without you noticing the standup.

I can definitely call them before sex to throw on one "O face" or whatever, but that face will be 'stuck' on the character until the sex act is over.

The expressions only work on the player if you're in TFC... that said' date=' it also depends on which ones you use.

The ones that start with 'fa' are full blown 'animations.' They only last a short time, and cannot be played side by side with other animations. The ones tat start 'fm' are [i']morphs[/i] which last indefinitely. If you do a 'player.playidle fm01' on your character, it will last "forever" or at least until you manually reset it with the resetface idle or whatever it's called.

My issue is just the fact that the actor stands up when I apply it, then goes back into whatever other idle they are supposed to be playing the next time the clock 'ticks' and the engine calls pickidle. Sexout calls pickidle itself fairly often, but probably not often enough to *change* the facial animations during an act without you noticing the standup.

I can definitely call them before sex to throw on one "O face" or whatever, but that face will be 'stuck' on the character until the sex act is over.

Umm, stupid question, maybe, but could the morphs be scripted to play in parallel with the Sexout anims? Like not relying on the Sexout pickidles at all, but through the scripting that identifies if Consensual Sex or Rape is occurring, or by what group of Sexout idles (Oral, Vaginal, or Anal) are being used?

Which brings up the matter of tying in stages to morphs, like a Start, Middle, and End Morph series timed to parallel the Sexout Pickidles while active, giving you an 'Ooo' phase at Start, then an 'O' phase in the Middle, ending with an 'Ahhh' phase.

Sorry. Just trying to find an alternate route to using morphs with Sexout Pickidles, instead of including them, to bypass the stand-up issue.

Guest user29

I can't help with this, but honestly any facial expression even one that doesn't change the whole duration of sex would be better than what we've got now :P

The expressions only work on the player if you're in TFC... that said' date=' it also depends on which ones you use.

The ones that start with 'fa' are full blown 'animations.' They only last a short time, and cannot be played side by side with other animations. The ones tat start 'fm' are [i']morphs[/i] which last indefinitely. If you do a 'player.playidle fm01' on your character, it will last "forever" or at least until you manually reset it with the resetface idle or whatever it's called.

Umm, stupid question, maybe, but could the morphs be scripted to play in parallel with the Sexout anims? Like not relying on the Sexout pickidles at all, but through the scripting that identifies if Consensual Sex or Rape is occurring, or by what group of Sexout idles (Oral, Vaginal, or Anal) are being used?

Which brings up the matter of tying in stages to morphs, like a Start, Middle, and End Morph series timed to parallel the Sexout Pickidles while active, giving you an 'Ooo' phase at Start, then an 'O' phase in the Middle, ending with an 'Ahhh' phase.

Sorry. Just trying to find an alternate route to using morphs with Sexout Pickidles, instead of including them, to bypass the stand-up issue.

I don't think you picked up what I threw down.

Yes they will play in parallel.

Playing one of the facial animations however causes the actor to stand up and the sex animation to stop for a second and then resume. This would/does happen no matter how many different facial animations you play, even if you just play one. If I 'morphed' between three different facial idles, the actor would stand up three times and then resume.

That is the problem I am trying to get solved.

Damn. Sorry about the last post, mate. Guess I was in a hurry getting ready for work.

What I meant to ask is if Morphs can be done in parallel with Anims without affecting each other. But you'd already said that, if you activate the morph before, it wouldn't affect the Sexout Anim until another morph was added.

But my last part about Morph stages was not thought through when I posted. However, that brings up the question I should have asked.

Can you create three stages of Morphs into only one Morph?

By combining three separate FM files into a single Morph file, it would play as a Morph playidle, but wouldn't affect the Sexout pickidle in the least, as long as it plays a second before the Sexout anim begins, and ends a second after. And, with a little scripting, the duration could be modified in the MCM Menu to include both the Sexout pickidle and the Morph playidle duration at the same time.

Again, though, I just answered my own question, somewhat, and came up with another problem.

Right now, I have the instructions for FAFF before me, but I see a snag in my idea. The facial morph data will add to each other, and not remain separate expressions. I'd have to make one face, ResetFace, make another, Reset, and make a third one to keep the expressions as single FMs. Then find a way to blend all three faces into a single Morph Animation file that will play each face a certain duration for each facial 'stage'. I need to study up more on creating animations in NifSkope to see if I could do facial morphs the same way, without resets.

Morphs do not play via pickidle, period.

Pickidle is a script command that causes the engine to pick one (and only one) appropriate idle to play. In our case, that is the sexout sex animation idle. If it picked a face idle instead, then the sex animation would not play.

So playidle (and not pickidle) must be used to pick the facial animation.

If you use playidle on a morph (fm..) then that morph, and any others you play, will 'stick' on the actor before, during, and after the sex animation. Working as intended.

If you playidle on an animation (fa..) then it will play, and then end on its own -- or be removed by the sexout animation idle, or whatever idle animation plays next. Again, as intended.

So, sexout will only use morphs. It can use as many as we want, in whatever combination we want. The purpose of the morphs is to be able to combine them, like the "o face" along with a "squint" or "eyebrows" or whatever morph, to make a unique expression.

The problem is simply that I have to apply all those morphs before I start the animation, and they can't change during the animation, because if I change them the actor briefly stands up each time I do.

Morphs do not play via pickidle' date=' period.

Pickidle is a script command that causes the engine to pick one (and only one) appropriate idle to play. In our case, that is the sexout sex animation idle. If it picked a face idle instead, then the sex animation would not play.

So playidle (and not pickidle) must be used to pick the facial animation.

If you use playidle on a morph (fm..) then that morph, and any others you play, will 'stick' on the actor before, during, and after the sex animation. Working as intended.

If you playidle on an animation (fa..) then it will play, and then end on its own -- or be removed by the sexout animation idle, or whatever idle animation plays next. Again, as intended.

So, sexout will only use morphs. It can use as many as we want, in whatever combination we want. The purpose of the morphs is to be able to combine them, like the "o face" along with a "squint" or "eyebrows" or whatever morph, to make a unique expression.

The problem is simply that I have to apply all those morphs before I start the animation, and they can't change during the animation, because if I change them the actor briefly stands up each time I do.

[/quote']

Okay, I changed the wording. Yes, I do understand pickidle (Sexout) vs playidle FA(Facial animation) and FM(Facial Morph). I just can't seem to convey what I want to without mishap. My last bit was to combine three separate playidles into one extended playidle that does not affect the pickidles to any degree, IF started before the pickidle starts, and ends after the Sexout Animation ends.

For example: You choose the playidle FM69. This SINGLE FM69 file combines stages of Oooo, Ohhh, and Ahhh. Ooo is timed for x duration, then Ohhh, then Ahhh. Since the entire FM69 file is just ONE file, any stages of Ooo, Ohhh, and Ahhh will NOT interrupt the Sexout Pickidles, as in No standup issues. The FM69 playidle will play through the three stages as one single FM file without resets to each stage.

Playidle FM69 - one second delay - Sexout Pickidle starts - sex animation ends - one second delay - Playidle resetface.

See what I mean? The Playidle FM69 is just ONE playidle file. BUT the file will play the Ooo, Ohhh, and Ahhh as timed stages within itself, so there are no interruptions during sex animations.

I hope that conveys what I was thinking. Off to work now. If I still made any mistakes in wording this correctly, then I can only apologize again, and maybe come up with a better way to convey what I am thinking with something tangible.

Ahhhh I see.

That should work, as long as the animation files are all the right length.. a lot of work. It may also be possible for me to play two different idles without the standup if I do things a bit different.

There are already timed animation idles in the system, they start with FE.. e.g. FE14 (I think?) is some "O face" thing that looks like it could work for a blowjob.

You can play that simultaneously with a sexout animation and they don't reset each other, but I didn't try the standup yet. You can try this yourself in the console.

Go into 3rd person and then:

player.playidle FE14

Exit console, player facial expression should change, then..

player.additem ..01932d 101 1
player.playidle sexoutngmast101f

The ".." is your mod index for sexout (load order).

This will start a female masturbation. Because you're playing the idle directly, you will not undress or anything and this animation will repeat infinitely.

I'm a little busy with work right now but if you want to try different ones (and also try 'interrupting') that would answer this question..

Guest Donkey

What if you set it up in blender before exporting the animations, with txt file ??

Like what we did with

1/start

1/startloop

30/endloop

30/end

isn't easier to add the following to it:

1/start

1/startloop

1/ENUM: Face Oh 100 0.1 0.8 0.1

1/ENUM: Face Ooh 50 0.1 0.8 0.1

15/Sound: NPCSexoutMoan

30/endloop

30/end

test animation

http://www.loverslab.com/attachment.php?aid=5311 Since this will play it all you need to do use the playidle from faf right ?? the keys are already set for within the animation to play at what interval.

Not sure i have not done anything like this in long time. I will have to recheck what i did previously to get it to work like that.

It is, but I don't want the facial expressions "controlled" by the animation that way -- e.g. I want to play one expression for consensual and a different one for rape. Or one for vaginal and a different one for anal, even though they use the same sex animation kf file.

OK so, testing, here's "the thing."

I can definitely start a facial animation before sex, have it stay running during sex, and cancel it after.

This does break my check for 'broken' animations though, where I check for isPlayingAnim and isPlayingIdle, and if either is false, call pickidle again. This is to cover for those animations that don't allow me to enable repeat in the geck. If I play the facial animation, well, that counts as an animation... so my check no longer works if the sex animation stops.

So two options I can see..

1. I just use the morphs instead. This is back to "square one" but I think that problem can be solved -- the problem where setting a new morph, during sex, interrupts sex. I won't be able to change them during sex if using animations instead anyway, so this is really a non issue and morphs are the way to go I think.

2. Run through every animation file, again, to suss out the ones that don't allow repeating. Fix them if I can, disable them until someone else fixes them otherwise.

I'm leaning heavily towards #1.

This does break my check for 'broken' animations though' date=' where I check for isPlayingAnim and isPlayingIdle, and if either is false, call pickidle again. This is to cover for those animations that don't allow me to enable repeat in the geck. If I play the facial animation, well, that counts as an animation... so my check no longer works if the sex animation stops.

[/quote']

Ok, possibly a stupid idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

So you have a checker for monitoring the animation to make sure its still running. But, you now have two different animations running simultaneously, so if ones still running the other can stop and the checker will miss it. Did I understand that right?

If so, here's my possibly dumb idea: Separate dedicated checkers for the separate animations. One checker that only watches the face anims, and one that only watches the sex anims.

Well barring any other ideas, I'm looking for people to at least grab the beta (and new datapack) and come up with some good facial expressions to use for different sex animations.

If you have the time, it's dead easy. Just run a sexout animation on your player:

set "..019333".actorb to player
set "..000dc0".anim to XXX
player.cios "..000027a8"

.. = your sexout.esm mod index.

XXX = an anim number like 101 or 401. Don't try to just go 1,2,3..100, there are large gaps. You can start at 101 and keep adding 1. As soon as one doesn't work, start over at the next X01, e.g. 201, 1001, 1101, etc. They are in blocks of 100.

More detailed explanation is linked to in the NG thread OP.

Then while it's running.. try some facial expressions by doing

player.playidle feXX

where feXX is one of the facial expressions, like fe01 or fe14.

If you're more enterprising you can try the fm's instead, which are morphs, and you can apply more than one at a time, combining them. The FAFF mod page on FO3nexus explains how to do this -- works the same in the sexout beta, no need to download or install FAFF.

If this were "real life" we could mask these animation glitches with camera work. Unfortunately, for FONV, camera work means vatscam and that only works when we start in vats.

You could do a fade-to-black though, for two seconds, if that does not annoy you too much. You might also somehow record which animations have been tested (I am envisioning some specialized quests here, designed to do nothing but track which animations have been tested since the most recent game start). You might even be able to pull off some light duty testing on an npc in a test chamber? This could go on in parallel with the player character animation (and perhaps this should be instead of my crazed "list quest" idea).

I can't fade to black for 2 seconds every time I want to change the expression during a scene.. until this is somehow fixed or worked around, the answer is to just not change expressions while the sex scene is playing, only just before and just after.

I've not had any success within NifSkope to get any of the .kfs to 'blend' together, mostly because of the program itself. I installed the newest (non-beta) version awhile ago, and get a CDT or lockup whenever I attempt to open a .kf file, or alter any data (I'm wondering if I had something like -editor or another command line added to my shortcut for the old version....can't remember if I need one to open .kfs or not).

However, in testing out the FAFF meshes, I did find that I can rename and replace some of the FM playidles, with FE playidles as FM's. The ones I've tried tell me that FE idles can be used as Morphs as long as they are renamed, like FE13_Laa renamed to FM42_surprise (best one so far for the open-eyed Blowjob Anims).

But since most of the Morphs are used in scripting Lip-Sync to Dialog anyway, I came up with another (maybe stupid) question; Has anyone tried to Lip-Sync the Consensual or Rape sounds as you would speech? I noticed that NPCs can Lip-Sync random dialog between themselves while playing certain standing Idles, like gesturing with an arm while talking. And the same when an NPC makes a comment to you as you walk by. I just haven't done any Lip-Sync_to_Dialogue scripting in a very, very long time (like, since Morrowind...:P...yes, I still have it, along with Tribunal and Bloodmoon).

And I'm not totally sure if PCs could even use the same method as NPCs in the 3rd person mode. If so, I'd be up for an attempt at it, instead of dicking around in NifSkope.

Guest Donkey

no lipsync is broken in new vegas. you cannot use it in geck. There are still some work around. But it is not very feasable you need teseditor 1.0 from oblivion and create it in there then export it again to work with new vegas. Skyrim has this bug fixed.

Yeah, if the lip synching actually worked, that would be great. Was my first thought as well many months ago. Then I tried to get anywhere with it in the GECK and quickly decided to not try again. Just trying to open the lip synch stuff often crashes it.