• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2018 at 10:10 AM, Tefnacht said:

I just made a patch for this mod.

VotW Plugin - Sex Tapes - Patch 2.5.2.7z

Install the original, then install this patch, overwriting all files from the original when asked.

The patch is for VotW 2.5.2. I made the five movies able to play on televisions and projectors. They do NOT work with the Starlight Drive-In (resolution is way too low, looks horrible.)

The five tapes can be crafted at the holotape workbench VotW added. Alternatively, you can use the console command: help “sex tape” 4 to get the IDs for the tapes and then player.additem them to your inventory directly.

I hope this isn't against any rules. My patch doesn't contain any work from the original author. All credit is and remains with Skottorp.

Happy 4th July!

Good news - these tapes no longer break the player.

Bad news - Still don't work on current (v2.5.2) VotW builds - they display only a silent purple screen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 10:10 AM, Tefnacht said:

I just made a patch for this mod.

VotW Plugin - Sex Tapes - Patch 2.5.2.7z

Install the original, then install this patch, overwriting all files from the original when asked.

The patch is for VotW 2.5.2. I made the five movies able to play on televisions and projectors. They do NOT work with the Starlight Drive-In (resolution is way too low, looks horrible.)

The five tapes can be crafted at the holotape workbench VotW added. Alternatively, you can use the console command: help “sex tape” 4 to get the IDs for the tapes and then player.additem them to your inventory directly.

I hope this isn't against any rules. My patch doesn't contain any work from the original author. All credit is and remains with Skottorp.

Happy 4th July!

Mod doesnt work even with your patch. I craft all the necessary stuff & add the tapes thru the console & whenever I make a tv with the tape in the player, the screen doesnt change. When I add the tape after making the tv, the screen turns purple. Then I thought since its a tape, I could just play it on the PipBoy, but that doesnt work either.

When I installed the patch, NMM wanted to install it as a new mod, not to simply overwrite the original. When I install the patch as a normal mod & select yes to overwrite all, the shit with the missing esm happens again. How do I fix this?

On 10/4/2018 at 5:37 AM, snarfies said:

Good news - these tapes no longer break the player.

Bad news - Still don't work on current (v2.5.2) VotW builds - they display only a silent purple screen.

4 hours ago, Destroyah340 said:

Mod doesnt work even with your patch. I craft all the necessary stuff & add the tapes thru the console & whenever I make a tv with the tape in the player, the screen doesnt change. When I add the tape after making the tv, the screen turns purple. Then I thought since its a tape, I could just play it on the PipBoy, but that doesnt work either.

When I installed the patch, NMM wanted to install it as a new mod, not to simply overwrite the original. When I install the patch as a normal mod & select yes to overwrite all, the shit with the missing esm happens again. How do I fix this?

Ah, yes. NMM, such a joy to work with :) Purple screen means the textures are missing. NMM removed the files as it installed the patch, basically replacing the old mod with the patch instead of just overwriting.

It should work like this:

First you install the original mod with NMM.
Then you install my patch. NMM will ask you about “Upgrading” the already installed mod. You choose no.
Then, in the testing I just did, NMM asked me a second time if I wanted to upgrade the existing mod. Chose no again.
Then NMM askes for permission to overwrite files and you chose “yes to all”

That should be it. I am using version 0.65.2 of NMM.

Anyway, a solution that might be much simpler is to rename my patch inside NMM. This whole “Do you want to upgrade the existing mod” stuff happens because the beginning of the mod names are identical (VotW Plugin - Sex Tapes.) If you rename the patch so the names no longer match up NMM will treat it as a unrelated mod and not bother you with that “upgrade” nonsense and just ask for permission to overwrite existing files. Call it “New VotW Plugin - Sex Tapes” or something like that. Just renaming it in the Mods list inside NMM is enough.

Good luck.

Okay. I don't really know how to help you. My experience with MO2 is rather limited.

My patch only contains updated and new files. I am not the original author, so I cannot in good conscience republish the textures and audio along with it.

If you get a purple screen, it means the textures from the original old mod are not there, same for the audio. You need all the files from the old mod my patch doesn't include to be present.

Maybe somebody else with a bit more MO2 experience can help you. Sorry.

The only suggestion I have is this: Unpack to original old mod into a temporary folder somewhere, unpack my patch into the same folder, allowing it to overwrite existing files, then compress that whole folder into a totally new archive containing everything (my ESP, old textures, etc) and feed that into MO2.

Again: Sorry.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:22 PM, Tefnacht said:

Ah, yes. NMM, such a joy to work with :) Purple screen means the textures are missing. NMM removed the files as it installed the patch, basically replacing the old mod with the patch instead of just overwriting.

It should work like this:

First you install the original mod with NMM.
Then you install my patch. NMM will ask you about “Upgrading” the already installed mod. You choose no.
Then, in the testing I just did, NMM asked me a second time if I wanted to upgrade the existing mod. Chose no again.
Then NMM askes for permission to overwrite files and you chose “yes to all”

That should be it. I am using version 0.65.2 of NMM.

Anyway, a solution that might be much simpler is to rename my patch inside NMM. This whole “Do you want to upgrade the existing mod” stuff happens because the beginning of the mod names are identical (VotW Plugin - Sex Tapes.) If you rename the patch so the names no longer match up NMM will treat it as a unrelated mod and not bother you with that “upgrade” nonsense and just ask for permission to overwrite existing files. Call it “New VotW Plugin - Sex Tapes” or something like that. Just renaming it in the Mods list inside NMM is enough.

Good luck.

No idea why it worked this time considering i did all that the 2nd time installin dis stuff & DIS time was only the 3rd but it did work, thnx

• 4 weeks later...

heres how you repaire the FIX .. lol... basically you need only the FIX and some folders from old mod, because they are just not there...

copy these folders (offcourse with contents)

- \mods\VotW plugin - SexTapes\Data\Sound

- \mods\VotW plugin - SexTapes\Data\Textures

TO

- \mods\VotW Plugin - Sex Tapes - Patch 2.5.2\

AND

- \mods\VotW plugin - SexTapes\Data\Meshes\Props

TO

- \mods\VotW Plugin - Sex Tapes - Patch 2.5.2\Meshes

thats it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 5:51 PM, Tefnacht said:

I sometimes have to wait a couple extra seconds for the animation of my character fiddling with stuff to finish while exiting the VotW workbench but I never got stuck in it.

Can you elaborate what exactly happens when you get stuck? Does the “Tab (Exit)” prompt not appear in the menu? Do you get stuck after choosing to exit? Once you're stuck, what's on the screen? Does the game freeze up?

I've seen some complaints about problems with the VotW workbench on the Nexus VotW page itself, they're usually vague and never get followed up on or resolved. I need more information to see if this is a problem with my patch, VotW itself or a conflict with some other mod.

Your patch works very vell and i've never experienced any bugs or fails with VotW. So there must be something with users that do something wrong with the installation. 

If you guys using vortex; that i use and am very happy with it; after installing sex tapes, install the patc. Vortex will warn you, then you will open the warning and choose sex tapes runs before patch. Than warning message will disapear.  Just craft holotapes at VotW's crafting bench.

• 4 months later...

Greetings.

This worked on my machine with the following components and process.

Components:

FO4 ver. 1.10.138.0

MO2 ver. 2.2.0

Videos of the Wasteland ver. 2.6 - main from nexus

Votw Plugin SexTapes - original file of this topic

Votw Plugin SexTapes Patch 2.5.2 - by Tefnacht from post # 55 this topic

Process:

unpack/extract all the files from both SexTapes original and SexTapes Patch

follow instructions from Dave0000 - post # 84 this topic - to make one new mod from those files

repack the newly organized files into a new 7zip file

install new 7zip file in the normal way with MO2

no guarantee offered

some assembly required

good luck

Revised in attempt to clarify, perhaps make more useful:

The information above is all accurate, but leaves out probably the most important part.

What I did in more detail is to rebuild this mod (Votw plugin Sextapes) by using the assets (meshes, textures, etc,) from Votw plugin Sextapes

following the detailed video guide from the original Videos of the Wasteland main mod author - RazorWire - (the instuction videos are on the nexus

download page). These videos explain how to make a new mod which creates tapes and or reels to be used with the main Votw. I followed the guide

but substituted the assets from Sextapes for making new ones. The process demonstrated by RazorWire also requires NifSkope, should have put that in

the components. The instruction videos explain all of this in much more detail.

I guess I just wanted to report that it is possible to make the Votw plugins - Sextapes mod to work with the current version of the main Votw mod, but

it will definitely take some time. (About 6 hours for my skill level)

If this is still not very clear and/or useful, fair enough. Not to make it an excuse, but I generally don't get alot of practice in the trying to help other people department.