SSE Mods compatibility

So I'm a long time lurker and thought i would contribute..but the Lunari race seems to have found it's lost eye ball issue again. (the latest version i haven't tested the older versions) it seems it always had something to do with anti aliasing? but turning it off no longer works. it also used to be the ECE but again no ECE and still not working. XD though if someone figures something out would be awesome.  Then again i may be some crazy lurker so if im wrong i'll go back to my corner and lurk more :-/

I've Ported and uploaded (with permission) AP Skyrim to Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5010/?

Apparently, just changing the animations is porting? As you are aware I did a full port of it two weeks ago and was awaiting permission to upload to the nexus, nice of you to hijack that.

Tough luck. I actually got permission. Not my fault I beat u to the punch. And I'm not a mind-reader - so no - I didn't know u did a port.

I've Ported and uploaded (with permission) AP Skyrim to Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5010/?

Apparently, just changing the animations is porting? As you are aware I did a full port of it two weeks ago and was awaiting permission to upload to the nexus, nice of you to hijack that.

Tough luck. I actually got permission. Not my fault I beat u to the punch. And I'm not a mind-reader - so no - I didn't know u did a port.

That's fine, I was awaiting Josh's reply. However, updating just the animations is not 'porting', your version is still form 43 with the SKSE stuff included.

Hey Sartyn  i have the same issue  i found using the true eyes mod you can just scroll through  the eye sets and they seem to work  hope that helps

Thanks for the info i will have to play with it because i do use true eyes might have been my load order. I'll get back to you on it :) 

Not to get your hopes up but anyone look into SkyUi 4.0 or 4.1? I thought I remember hearing it works in SE, probably from a YT play through or Mod Review. Just no search function. Had to be installed manually and with overwrites? Can't seem to locate the video anymore.

Pretty sure that was a MXR vid, and it was SkyUI 2.2, im using it, works perfectly fine aside from having a giant message in the top right saying theres a new version or some shit like that.. Dont know how to get rid of that. Just DL it manually and just add it to the NMM if you use that, will load it up just fine. If anyone knows how to get rid of the giant message in the top right, please let me know! <3

SKYUI 2.2 Ported without big error message :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwStqg4Oy0zwRjJsdzdkSjNUR0U/view

Looks like someone is already beginning to converting wyrmtooth too Skyrim SE: 

This was one of my favorite mods of skyrim legacy.

btw there is download link to the SSE version when you go to youtube directly to view this mod under comment section.

didn't j0nx0r disallow public sharing?

annndd... there be an annoying bug.  Apparently save games don't show up properly, unless you choose "Show All Saves".

Not specific to UB, but any mod that uses an underscore in cell names.

This didn't happen in regular skyrim.

Other than that, the mod works just fine. (love the way the little freezer guy walks about the kitchen, sound effects and all.

methinks it's working properly and didn't before. Otherwise, why would  we hear his thumping footsteps?)

:)

What is the difference between "Ported" and "Working"? 

I am seeing "working" mods getting "ported" and reading about tools such as Cell's nif optimizer and issues with textures and esp plug-ins needed to be run through CK.  I cannot find anything comprehensive in regard to the potential pitfalls of using "working" OldRim mods as they are, and more importantly for us DIYers what are the steps of ensuring that a "working" mod is "ported" properly?

I would think ported means, it's on the SSE page on nexus, you can download, install via NMM and it just works.

(no  .bsa unpacking, no funky things to do)

If from the author means it's been cleaned up, etc.

Old bugs may still exist, or may be fixed (hello little freezer dude!)

Just workinng means, you can downlaod it, install and it should go.

just my 2  coppers mind you.

What is the difference between "Ported" and "Working"? 

I am seeing "working" mods getting "ported" and reading about tools such as Cell's nif optimizer and issues with textures and esp plug-ins needed to be run through CK.  I cannot find anything comprehensive in regard to the potential pitfalls of using "working" OldRim mods as they are, and more importantly for us DIYers what are the steps of ensuring that a "working" mod is "ported" properly?

Working means the mod works in SSE while ported means a version for SSE has been created, a ported mod takes into account and advantage of the new engine features and some of the changes to the game while a mod that is just working operates the same way as it did in Oldrim.

Some mods this doesn't matter much but for certain mods it has an impact, for example OBIS was said by the creator to cause issues in the playthrough and affect your save file.

May double up with some posted. As also posted there is some missing armor  pieces here and there. These are mod from ye olde skyrim  Crimson Closet, removed the clothing or armor pieces that needed SKSE. Monli race works. Monli followers has issues. Some new npc`s work and are approachable  others don`t want to play nice when approached and cause a CDT. Still looking into that. Not a modder though.  Nini music re placer. Lightning, Lovely and Kijiko hair. New Mikan eyes and Eyes of perfection. Most any armor mods will mostly work. ADDC armors Fox armors merged x117 armors are just a few that work. I did cheat a bit though. HDT high heels is required for a lot of armors. One of the many benefits of mod organizer. So just installed  HDT high heels then opened up the mod in explorer and deleted every thing except the ESM. Basically a dummy plug in to trick dependent mods. So a couple of armor piece won`t work or show PFFT. 

I have the following weapons merged Tera bows ,Tera weapons ,Deadric Dawnbreaker, Auriels bow better, Skyforge weapons, Goshu weapons pack, Crossbow basic collection, Dragon bone weapons and Ancient Tongues great sword and sword. I do like a vast horde of girly followers, mostly to fill in the empty spaces of Skyrim. So I have found that not all followers move over easy.  Sinestra (old version with HD up date) Elly follower  ported. Could name  a lot more but it is easy enough to work through followers. Some work with the original esp and not with the reworked esp. Some need to be re located into there cell due to changes in cell id`s. Some need only there meshes up dating, if you update there textures it`s crash and burn.  Others are for me a real problem as it requires face gen update. Which the tool available for up dating nif files does not cover. So that means nif scope yada yada and I started as a gamer nod a programmer or modder. Can muddle my way through the Creation kit with some success. 3DNPC should be noted that there is still a few bugs with this mod. The author did state that he could not run the esp through the new creation kit and save it. This I can confirm, I even tried strong language , did not work, but made me feel better.

um, all the x117 armors seem to work, at least the ones I have.

Working on porting a lot of stuff over. Found out I have to be REAL careful with the CK and nifoptimizer.

Ran a lot through, merged them and the savegame would crash on load.

So, back to ye olde tedious: do one. test.  do next, test. etc.

I want to stuff them into one mod, but...

Have a bunchaton of things I'm working on for this.

(so sorry about my rants on the CK in other threads, but gods, did they change/break stuff)

(finding out how to work around that, slowly, but making progress)

really, really want a tool to run all the textures through to check. if not dxt5, convert and move on.

(even just output a list of what's NOT dxt5 so I can do them manually.  but checking a couple thousand .dds files manually?

um, let me win the lottery first)   :P

I'm working through a bunch of armor mods right now.

Some there's no point until the new CBBE comes out though.

(and I DO have a little (large) list for when that happens)

really, really want a tool to run all the textures through to check. if not dxt5, convert and move on.

There be for you a tool that will do you fine. Look in the main folder where there is the Skyrim SE ex is. There should be a tool folder in there is a  texture converter. Xtex, it may have been made to convert files for Xbox? But it is still the same Skyrim for any platform so I can`t see a problem using it. I have used it and it has converted my mods no problems. I have though found that some mods worked over with this tool will break. Use the old textures and no crash and burn. Still a lot easier than one file at a time, now it is only a test the mod to see if it works.

There be for you a tool that will do you fine. Look in the main folder where there is the Skyrim SE ex is. There should be a tool folder in there is a  texture converter. Xtex, it may have been made to convert files for Xbox? But it is still the same Skyrim for any platform so I can`t see a problem using it. I have used it and it has converted my mods no problems. I have though found that some mods worked over with this tool will break. Use the old textures and no crash and burn. Still a lot easier than one file at a time, now it is only a test the mod to see if it works.

er?  okie dokie. will check that. 

May have to dredge up my old batch file programming from the days of DOS, but....

If I could write a batch file to handle email from mulitiple nodes, multiple chats (echoes) etc in the days

of Fidonet, methinks I can write one for this.  (IF I can find the printouts from way back, which I did keep.

just dunno what box they're in)

All bitching and griping about Beth and their tools, etc aside, I AM having a ton of fun with all this.

Haven't has as much fun since I was learning 'bout comps back in the '80s.

(and yeah, I bitched and griped about things back then too.  lol)

War. War never changes.    :P

Two questions regarding RaceMenu for SSE:

1. How does one make it usable?  First time I tried with the latest version, the game couldn't load.  Second time, the game was able to load after disabling the .bsa and SKSE folder.  However, the game lagged and the race menu was vanilla.

2. Can the user still use tinting options for hair, skin, makeup, and warpaint?

Amidiamborn textures work on sse except landscape. However for the armor textures someone said the blades texture is bugged so don't install it.

I wouldn't discard them entirely.  They work fine with Nisetanaka's Blades Bikini Armor.

post-369224-0-58887200-1482111463_thumb.png

Archived