Nexus cant find my profiles or saves

jeffro61

pc went blue screen of death , did a restart everything came back on , but now Nexus mod manager wont find my profiles or saves ... my profiles still show in nexus profiles file

and my saves are still there but Nexus wont connect to them ... Flustered

Basically Nexus mod manager cant find my Characters 

Well the first thing I'd do is investigate why you went BSOD in the first place. Until you find that out, I really wouldn't worry too much about getting FO4 to work with NMM. You can BSOD for a number of reasons, none of them good, so it would be worth the effort to find out what caused it and correct the problem. It could be as simple as corrupted drivers or as serious as RAM failure or a damaged System area on your HDD, just to name a few.

Also, NMM doesn't read your saves, Fallout 4 does. You can set NMM to close after the game is launched (like I do), so when you're at the point of loading a save, NMM is out of the picture. If your game isn't finding your saves, it may be because of a corrupted registry. I don't know if you normally launch FO4 using F4SE but if you do, try launching the game at least once with the default Steam Launcher. This will update the registry entries for the game. NMM reads these registry entries as well so you may just solve both issues by just launching with the Steam launcher. Good luck. 

pc went blue screen of death , did a restart everything came back on , but now Nexus mod manager wont find my profiles or saves ... my profiles still show in nexus profiles file

and my saves are still there but Nexus wont connect to them ... Flustered

Basically Nexus mod manager cant find my Characters 

BSOD = blue screen of death

Archived