What do I need to convert .obj files to game ready?

Zor2k13

I found some RE6 content posted on facepunch from googling fallout 4 armors and the content is listed as unweighted obj files. I downloaded the file and it was .obj for the meshes and some dds for textures so how do I convert this stuff from what it is now to a useable state in fallout4?

You can use outfit studio and load the .OBJ files into it. Not sure if the change pose option will work with them or not. I load .OBJ files all of the time into the skyrim one. Once you export it with either export if you don't want the body in it or export with reference if you want it with the body the nif will be ready all you will have to do is set the texture paths.

Best thing about this stuff is the uploader already prepared it to fit on the vaultsuit body and the military fatigues body etc. so if outfit studio can handle weighting it then it should work but that uploader said they just gave up trying to get it to work they just couldn't do it so I can assume they probably knew about outfit studio. I will give it i a try anyway since I really want it. The meshes are a vest and some knee pad armor with some holster doodads which would go along nicely with modern firearms mod and be a decent replacement for that shitty vest they have in the mod.

Yes just select start new project and select the .OBJ file scale it and adjust body and what not to where you want it at. Then go to the bone tab and highlight all of the bone nodes then select all of the outfit parts select  shape - copy selected weights - shape - transfer select weights and all bone nodes and weighting should be done. Then export file.

Ok well I tried importing this stuff and it seems like the custom meshes are invisible and really really big, I thought he scaled it already? His screenshots show everything is scaled to vanilla outfits like vaultsuit and army fatigues so why are they like 1000x bigger than the default male or female body? How can I scale something if I can't see it or see it selected? Does outfit studio have highlighting options for meshes?

Ok well I tried importing this stuff and it seems like the custom meshes are invisible and really really big, I thought he scaled it already? His screenshots show everything is scaled to vanilla outfits like vaultsuit and army fatigues so why are they like 1000x bigger than the default male or female body? How can I scale something if I can't see it or see it selected? Does outfit studio have highlighting options for meshes?

Dunno if you already figured it out, but the shape selection of Outfit Studio is the tree view to the right.

What you have selected there will be what you're editing.

Yeah but when everything is near each other it is hard to tell which one is the selection on the right and for this stuff there is a lot of things jumbled together because it is such a mess with some vanilla outfit parts all messed up too which is why I was thinking where is the highlights like in nifskope?

Archived