Hand seams and face flickering

Falcon4287

I'm pretty new to character model modding, I generally have just used the UNP Replacer Configuration Package and Sundracon male nudes, RaceMenu, and a few hairs and tattoos for RaceMenu. I've installed SoS and SL, and when going through all the prerequesites, I seem to have messed something up.  

What I'm getting appears to be a shader issue, but I'm not the expert. All faces flicker dark and light rapidly, regardless of gender. Hand seams also stick out noticeably. The body doesn't seem to be quite the same color as the hands and face.  

I'm using SoS, LexLabFramework, SL Defeat, several animation packs, Realistic Ragdolls and Force, UNP Replacer, XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended, HDT Physics Extensions, Fine Face Textures for Men, and several RaceMenu options that I was running with no issue prior to the above installs.  

I could go through and disable them one by one, but most of them have one or more dependent mods under them, so I don't really want to do that. Has anyone else encountered this face flickering issue that can help me out?

Just to add to this, I've uninstalled BodySlide and Outfit Studio and am getting the same issue. It isn't very bad after the initial RaceMenu, but still exists.  

It seems like the flickering has to do with skin tone. The lighter colors tend to have the worst flicker, but some of the mid and darker colors don't match the body.

I have no ENBs or any lighting mods. I've checked through my Skyrim folder and made sure that there weren't any files in it left over from an ENB.  

I'm getting really blocky shadows, so I'm not sure if maybe I should install a lighting mod to fix this.

your load order can help.. and some screenshot... or a video if necesary... we are imaginating your exact problem...

as i know the only thing that can cause your problem is ilumination or LOD (Level of Detail).. can be shadows but the shadows are too limited in skyrim.. only can be changed in ini files or whit enb or swiftshader...

tell us your hardware and software configuration.. maybe the problem come from there..

Okay, here is what I'm getting now. I've tried lots of changes with ENBs, skeletons, and new textures, but nothing seems to change it. Also, the textures I've installed look quite different in-game. They seem much glossier than how they look when being run in  the bodyslide tool. 

I figured I would go ahead and find out how the animations looked, so I turned Defeat all the way up and punched some villagers. There were a few animation syncing issues and clipping.  

http://imgur.com/a/uF6Pi

0  0 Skyrim.esm
  1  1 Update.esm
  2  2 Dawnguard.esm
  3  3 HearthFires.esm
  4  4 Dragonborn.esm
  5  5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6 EFFCore.esm
  7  7 ApachiiHair.esm
  8  8 BBLuxurySuite.esm
  9  9 Campfire.esm
 10  a SexLab.esm
 11  b Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
 12  c ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 13  d FNIS.esp
 14  e Dynamic TimeScale.esp
 15  f UIExtensions.esp
 16 10 RealisticRoomRental.esp
 17 11 VioLens.esp
 18 12 EFFDialogue.esp
 19 13 Purity.esp
 20 14 Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
 21 15 Ket_PictureLoadscreens.esp
 22 16 Beards.esp
 23 17 Brows.esp
 24 18 KS Hairdo's.esp
 25 19 iHUD.esp
 26 1a IridumEyes2.0.esp
 27 1b Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
 28 1c dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
 29 1d dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
 30 1e dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
 31 1f Northern Bathhouses.esp
 32 20 Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
 33 21 SMIM-Merged-All.esp
 34 22 dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
 35 23 Fantasy Soundtrack Project - Combat.esp
 36 24 fallentreebridges.esp
 37 25 RaceMenu - Norse Tattoos.esp
 38 26 bodyscars.esp
 39 27 KJ Tattoos 2K.esp
 40 28 RMEquip.esp
 41 29 AK_RM_PubicStyles_All_In_One.esp
 42 2a BS-TheHag_Overlays.esp
 43 2b SkyUI.esp
 44 2c Footprints.esp
 45 2d Immersive Horses.esp
 46 2e Immersive Horses - Hearthfire Patch.esp
 48 30 InteractiveWashBasinsCOMPLETE.esp
 49 31 Populated Cities Towns Villages.esp
 50 32 ShowersInInns.esp
 51 33 JZBai_PracticalFemaleArmors.esp
 52 34 Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 53 35 SOS - Shop.esp
 54 36 CampingKitNorthernRanger.esp
 55 37 Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp
 56 38 Improved combat music.esp
 57 39 Pupetteer Master.esp
 58 3a BBLuxurySuiteENM.esp
 59 3b Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
 60 3c Bathing in Skyrim - Interactive Wash Basins.esp
 61 3d Bathing in Skyrim - Realistic Room Rental.esp
 62 3e RavenWP3.esp
 63 3f SexLabDefeat.esp
 64 40 RaceMenu.esp
 65 41 RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 66 42 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
 67 43 SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
 68 44 SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
 69 45 SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
 70 46 BetterFreeCamera.esp
 71 47 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
 72 48 Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp
 73 49 BBLS-ASLAL.esp
 74 4a SOSRaceMenu.esp
 75 4b XPMSE.esp

Right now, I'm trying to back everything out to the last stable mod set that I had. I wouldn't mind starting from scratch if I need to. Clearly I messed something up during the SexLab install.  

Going through the UNP Replacer Config Package, I go with:
UNP Base Normal, Real Skin UNP, Navetsea Toned Body (I've tried UNP Fitness Body as well with the same results), Navetsea Shaved, and XP32 Maximum Skeleton. 

I'm not honestly sure what order I need to install everything in. SoS, HDT Animated Pussy, BodySlide, and UNP Replacer all seem to end up asking me if I want to replace files, so I would imagine that the order they're installed has some impact.

Black Face

Normally that's an issue with NPC overhaul mods.

What happens is that the person installed 2 mods that make changes to the same NPC.

The last ESP in the Load Order is looking for its specific textures but those textures were overwritten by the other mod, so the result is Black Face.

From what I gather your trying to say that your player character has Black Face.

I have no idea how that is possible.

Glad to have fucked this up so royally that even the experts have no clue how I got it like this.  

I was luckily smart enough to start a new profile in NMM before installing SexLab, SoS, etc. I'm reverting to that profile to see if anything is fixed by the process. Hopefully it is, then I can go forward with Genio's suggestions one step at a time.  

BTW, is flickering black face any less racist than regular black face?

The flickering hasn't showed up again, but now with CBBE I can't seem to get the BodySlide RaceMenu to work. I can operate the BodySlide utility outside the game fine and it is reflected in-game, but none of the options from the RaceMenu have any effect in-game.  

Aside from that, I'm still trying to figure out how to get better breast physics (currently, they just bounce around like they're made of jello) and get the shiny spots on the texture to go away. The shiny spots showed up on certain textures in UNP and are showing up on every texture I've tried with CBBE.  http://imgur.com/a/asYAw

Everyone here's been very helpful, thank you.

for the man... you have a faulting texture... reinstall it...

for the woman.. racemenu has sliders for CBBE and UNP.. install the morph and use the body type that you want... but ONLY ONE... if you want UNP un-install CBBE body... and re-instal the XPMSE.. maybe the sliders not work by faulting skeleton...

the physics are managed by Realistic Ragdolls and Force and HDT Physics Extensions plus HDT Breast And Butt Physics... the BBP and TBBP are included in the last.. not instal it...

and last.. in woman.. you can improve the quaity body installing No More Ugly Bronze Shine

Archived