Gal*Gun: Double Peace

http://store.steampowered.com/app/511740/

So this game made it to PC and nobody seems to have taken note.

It's Unreal Engine 3 I think, so it should be NO problem. I tried dumping textures with GeDoSaTo and uMod, neither one worked. I'd like to know if it's because of my system configuration or a problem with the game's engine or particular setup.

Can someone do a control for me please? I'd really love to mod this game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/511740/

So this game made it to PC and nobody seems to have taken note.

It's Unreal Engine 3 I think, so it should be NO problem. I tried dumping textures with GeDoSaTo and uMod, neither one worked. I'd like to know if it's because of my system configuration or a problem with the game's engine or particular setup.

Can someone do a control for me please? I'd really love to mod this game.

I posted this info on the 23rd Sept and no one posted there either lol

I havnt looked at undertow yet to see if they're working on it, but I bet someone is.

edit: oh I see you've posted there too lol >.<

Haha, yea... no luck for this game, oddly. I managed to get the underwear textures and the body texture via umodel from the gamefiles, but since I can't re-import modded files, I'm out of luck if I can't get GeDoSaTo or uMod to work.

This is an oddly perfect game for nude modding with seemingly zero interest behind it.

It seems the ini in the config folder holds untold treasures :D

GG2GG2DataStoreExData

change "0" to "1" to enable 'free' DLC

GG2GG2HudUIShopActor

you can change the price of shop items.

mVicH76.jpg

\GalGun Double Peace\GG2Game\Config\GG2GG2GirlModelConstructionSet.ini

EDIT

BodyId[0]=? -> BodyId[0]=50

oh....

hmm, gonna check that.

None of this actually gives me access to the textures... the game doesn't seem to render via d3d9.dll that's why neither uMod nor GeDoSaTo can dump textures. Unless someone has a better idea this is a dead end, nudemod wise.

if it's Unreal can't you just use umodel or ueviewer? I don't think the game is particularly hard to mod... just nobody bought it. 

None of this actually gives me access to the textures... the game doesn't seem to render via d3d9.dll that's why neither uMod nor GeDoSaTo can dump textures. Unless someone has a better idea this is a dead end, nudemod wise.

if it's Unreal can't you just use umodel or ueviewer? I don't think the game is particularly hard to mod... just nobody bought it. 

Unfortunately my modding experience is limited to non-graphical aspects of the Unreal Engine. I only know how to use Texmod, uMod and GeDoSaTo and whatever is needed to inject textures into unity games.

I can get the right textures out of the game with umodel, but I have absolutely no clue how to re-import them.

I'm not too knowledgeable on modding, but I had a look in Process Explorer at this game (which uMod doesn't detect) and some others (that uMod does detect) and I noticed that while the others were loading exclusively d3d9 dlls, Gal Gun was loading d3d9 AND d3d11 dlls.

Gal*Gun: Double Peace

post-1407837-0-16488300-1475390238_thumb.png

Sonicomi

post-1407837-0-02145400-1475390242_thumb.png

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

post-1407837-0-10772100-1475390245_thumb.png

I'm not too knowledgeable on how most of this stuff works, but maybe this has something to do with why GeDoSaTo and uMod won't pick it up?

Uh... I don't know if there is a way to just disable DX11 on a driver level... other than just running off a GPU that doesn't support DX11...

Even when forcing the game to run in DX9 mode, uMod and GeDo don't pick up anything... I'm seriously at a loss here... =/

GG2GG2DataStoreExData

I don't know which one, but i confirmed that this will enable the famous $90 "Pheromone Z" and breast slider DLC from the game start 

GG2GG2DataStoreExData

I don't know which one, but i confirmed that this will enable the famous $90 "Pheromone Z" and breast slider DLC from the game start 

Just check your file. Which entry is set to 1? I've tried them all and nothing happens.

Edit: So if you have the update on Steam, this no longer works. You'd have to get the unpatched original version to do this now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, long time lurker first time poster.

Novice modder here (will modify ini files all day long). Not sure if I'm bringing any new information to the discussion but I've been digging around the files and found a few things. GG2game.u files has copies of the ini packaged in it. Saw this first using a hex editor and saw a few bits of info i recognized from the ini file (pure fluke?). After some digging, I came across EU explorer and that program told me the file was compressed, so using a utility i found on gildor.org i decompressed it and confirmed that the ini files are in there but don't know enough yet how to edit them. I'm learning as i go.The only program i could find to unpackage it threw up some errors and didn't unpackage like 6 files (no clue if they were vital or not) and was able to see the individual .class files. I saw on undertow someone commented that it isn't possible to edit these files, so before i go any further I'd like to get a clean unpackage (no errors) before i progress to the next step. 

I hope this gets someone interested. 

• 2 months later...

GG2GG2DataStoreExData

Just check your file. Which entry is set to 1? I've tried them all and nothing happens.

Edit: So if you have the update on Steam, this no longer works. You'd have to get the unpatched original version to do this now.

I see. Now you can't enable DLCs for free. But why changing the price values into GG2GG2HudUIShopActor.INI does not work anymore?

Is it another "issue" of the last version of the game? I can't believe it. Anyone can solve it?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings, all! I find this thread a while back while researching Gal*Gun modding, and I bring good news. First things first, we have a Discord set up you can join for the latest info on modding/bug fixing efforts.

https://discord.io/galgun

Second, I've been working at this over the past month or so and much has already been accomplished. DLC unlocks and the ability to see through outer clothes permanently, among others.

Just yesterday, I finally find a way to replace textures. Things are looking up for the world of Gal*Gun, so keep an eye out!

1 hour ago, DarkHawk02 said:

Greetings, all! I find this thread a while back while researching Gal*Gun modding, and I bring good news. First things first, we have a Discord set up you can join for the latest info on modding/bug fixing efforts.

https://discord.io/galgun

Second, I've been working at this over the past month or so and much has already been accomplished. DLC unlocks and the ability to see through outer clothes permanently, among others.

Just yesterday, I finally find a way to replace textures. Things are looking up for the world of Gal*Gun, so keep an eye out!

Could you provide pictures to show the progress?

Sure thing! Stupid question as I'm new here- Anything I should know about posting NSFW content?  Nevermind, answered my own question.

Only have a moment, so quick preview, then more when I get the chance. Collection mode - transparent outer clothing -

Collection_Mode_1.thumb.png.ea9b3e760b2489ca6949ef66a9ddbfa8.png

One of the initial experiments regarding texture replacement-

Body_Texture_Mod_1.png.2b3eb4f996a2b091b5d3581d5570fc5c.png