[Sims 4] Gaming is not cheap, period!

Stop using pirated copies, complaining about Patreon, etc. If you're playing Sims 3 or Sims 4 with legit copies you are not broke or poor. Sims is most most expensive game there is. No other game comes close unless you have to pay for online play, ie WoW etc even with a Season pass the most you're spending on another game is $100. Especially now you have the origin promo code for half off anything except pre-orders. I'm tired of the snips when there's a patreon update and I get it after what went down with KW but $5 a month?? C'mon, I understand the paid modding argument and I'm not rehashing that as it appears the LL team has come up with a way that benefits everyone but don't cry a river over $5 a month when you know people blow that daily on bullshit for the most part. If you gaming on a computer the last thing you are is broke or poor. I know this thread may turn toxic, I might get reported and maybe a temp ban but I'm just sick of the hypocrisy of "computer gamers" crying broke.

Stop using pirated copies, complaining about Patreon, etc. If you're playing Sims 3 or Sims 4 with legit copies you are not broke or poor. ...

Spot the error right out the gate...  what kind of introductory sentence is that? The entitled gamers owning legitimately pirated copies should stop bitching?!

Not sure what you try to accomplish here. People have a right to do Patreon whatever (though modding is in terms of copyright actually a problem if you'd hit it big enough to get the attention of the copyright owner) but people also have a right to whine about the perceived injustice of it all.

Heh. Well, I'm not really being fair to Train Simulator. It's a realistic sim game, and you aren't really "supposed" to buy all the DLC. TS's DLC is for those who want specific trains or routes. And Train Simulator gives all their previous customers updated copies of the game every year, so DLC is where they make most of their money.

But it's always a good way to make people's eyes bug out when they see the total DLC cost. :D

Heh. Well, I'm not really being fair to Train Simulator. It's a realistic sim game, and you aren't really "supposed" to buy all the DLC. TS's DLC is for those who want specific trains or routes. And Train Simulator gives all their previous customers updated copies of the game every year, so DLC is where they make most of their money.

But it's always a good way to make people's eyes bug out when they see the total DLC cost. :D

Okay, I'll stand corrected on that but you guys get the point. It's only with Sims, whether 3 or 4, every time there's a patreon update there's always a post about what about us that are poor? Either you support or you don't. We won't get into the semantics over patreon, been talked about too much but it's not about being poor if you gaming unless you use pirated games.

Stop using legit copies, it gives EA the idea that it's cool to sell a pack of 5 outfits and a couple of decor objects for 10 dollars.

Also paid modding is a thing in the sims community since forever, at least with patreon it's slightly more fair than before, all OKW's patreon has is access to in-progress builds. I guess if entire mods were locked behind paywalls it'd be a problem but there's always a way to get stuff for free if you're determined enough.