[Pre-Alpha with bugs] The Sins-titute [WIP]

Love the mod so far, but i have the mod Cheats Menu installed and when you go to put everything into the chest I can't put the cheat menu item into it as it says it's a quest item. i can get passed the itercom dialog  and can talk to all the division heads but everyone keeps saying "have you put everything into the box". i am on the part where it tells me to use the network scanner and can't go any further.

It is a known bug with the npc response, If you read some posts back It has been brought up and a fix is yet to come. So long as you get into the institute you're fine, I'm sure. The door wont open otherwise.

The Network scanner, yes I had same issue and Halstron is aware of that. I'd like that network scanner fix so i can get on with the Main quest line!

Been watching for progress daily here as for me No matter what i try, Mods, no mods, reinstall all of it. Mission "Dangerous Minds" is glitched to me.

This mod bypasses that. Hence my intense following :)

Yeah I'm still working on it slowly, can't get that dialogue working and I've added workbenches, I've added fixes for the other bugs reported but need to do more testing.

Unfortunately my RL is somewhat hectic lately, I've gone from 5 days a week to mod to one and feeling rather burned out at moment.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but if you have quest items on you that can't be removed from inventory you can't get past the box room, I'm not sure all the items that do this but with me it happened with the silver shroud custome, small issue but figured I'd report it. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but if you have quest items on you that can't be removed from inventory you can't get past the box room, I'm not sure all the items that do this but with me it happened with the silver shroud custome, small issue but figured I'd report it.

Cool, I will check Silver shroud stuff is sorted. Still just struggling to get quiet house time to do any bughunting and playtesting done for an update, maybe today.
  • 1 month later...

my save works with this version now so i will keep my eyes open for bugs

Oh cool, its working for someone to some degree :)

one thing i did find out is when you have to put items in the box when you get teleported quest items cant be stored so the intercom keeps saying have you put everything in the box

it should allow you to keep quest items, I basically check to see if you are carrying any items in some formlists, I may have missed some, can you list the ones you have?

There should be a message too that comes up in the top left saying something like "JunkMisc xx" or "Armors XX" or "Weapons xx" giving you a rough idea of which catagory its not happy about to look in and how manyitems there are.

The intercom dialogue is totally broken, you can ignore anything it says. Its just a trigger to open the door at the moment, till I dfind someone with dialogue experience to sort it out.

after i used the remove all items command the door opened but now i have a problem of people in the institute without bodies and everytime i try to talk to them my charcter just says have you put everything in the box i have also downloaded the required  mods that were listed

On the Fortaleza Armor page, you need to download the separate armor/suit texture files (ex: Armor MKII 2k + WetSuits 4k) and merge into SInstitute when installing. This issue was plaguing me from the get-go but after some tinkering I was able to fix it with that. 

Any chance on having this as an alternative to the institute quest lines rather than an alternative start? You get captured and collared the second you teleport into the institute the first time? I like mods like these, but I don't always want to start a new character for them.

There's this mod restores the Institute so regardless of where you are in your playthrough or what ending you got, you should be able to use this mod regardless.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting this to work... I have the collar on, and the sound that I assume is for teleporting is triggering, but I'm not getting teleported. What am I doing wrong? I don't think I have any mods that should conflict.

I takes a while for teleporting to occur, the beeps get faster the longer you are outdoors and not moving/sneaking. There is a message when teleporting is locked on. I can't remember if Good Neighbour and Diamond City outdoor areas are safe or not now.

Unfortunately I've only just started playing FO4 again and it seems I broke something in this mod when I did changes months ago so now have to find what I broke before I can add any update.

I'm having trouble getting this to work... I have the collar on, and the sound that I assume is for teleporting is triggering, but I'm not getting teleported. What am I doing wrong? I don't think I have any mods that should conflict.

I takes a while for teleporting to occur, the beeps get faster the longer you are outdoors and not moving/sneaking. There is a message when teleporting is locked on. I can't remember if Good Neighbour and Diamond City outdoor areas are safe or not now.

Unfortunately I've only just started playing FO4 again and it seems I broke something in this mod when I did changes months ago so now have to find what I broke before I can add any update.

Great, thanks

But yeah, my feedback: It's too hard for the teleport to even trigger! You pretty much have to try, the tracking needed should be reduced, or the tracking lost by moving should be reduced.

Great, thanks

But yeah, my feedback: It's too hard for the teleport to even trigger! You pretty much have to try, the tracking needed should be reduced, or the tracking lost by moving should be reduced.

Yeah I been meaning to make it so it only resets if you go indoors. But still its all Alpha test stages so hadn't done much playtesting balance other than "cool it works" :).
  • 1 month later...

i don't fancy myself a modder, (yet) as i'm really new to gaming in general, but i'm a decent writer and voice actor if you need any...very excited to see your project as it unfolds! interesting and ambitious and without even seeing it, just the concept is impressive. :)  can't wait. thank you

Well I'm up for ideas too on most of the major NPCs on how their perversions interact etc, plenty of potential for emails etc. I've already got a smuggler, someone cheating in marriage, a father threatening someone to stay away from his offspring and some other stuff, I think I'm aiming for Father to be the only "innocent" one in the place sexwise and intend for him to not know either to keep the main plot functional. I'm planning for other directors to plot against the player and just use the player as a genetic experiment they need. Genetics are the hidden division, Father may not mention as even he doesn't know exactly what goes on in there and doesn't want to know.

ooooooh, or father could have a "regular" love interest/sexual relationship with one of the scientist/doctor/secretary who is part of thee deception, and has the benefit of 'pillow talk' to always know what he might know/suspect and to feed him misinformation when necessary AND who can seduce/sabotage the sole survivor as a distraction...only problem is that father is VERY involved with the genetics aspect hence the shawn child synth...or maybe the only reason he defrosted his mother/father was for unblended dna to toss into the genepool since synths who can breed are on the agenda and all synths only have his dna, so breeding would create defects pretty quickly?

just rambling...and truly appreciating how difficult staying on topic and/or just deciding on a story line must be! 

• 1 month later...

How do you access the alternative start aspect? I tried a new character and I ended up just going through a vanilla chargen.

[edit]

Reading between the lines, there seems to be a collar you can put on to teleport to the Institute?

How do you access the alternative start aspect? I tried a new character and I ended up just going through a vanilla chargen.

[edit]

Reading between the lines, there seems to be a collar you can put on to teleport to the Institute?

There is no alternative start, you can get into the institute early by putting on the collar found in the Diamond city Kellogg house.

I have pretty much given up on working on this as I broke my next updated version badly and lost a lot of work, there were some original issues that meant I really needed to restart it fresh and copy stuff over to a remake.

There is no alternative start, you can get into the institute early by putting on the collar found in the Diamond city Kellogg house.

I have pretty much given up on working on this as I broke my next updated version badly and lost a lot of work, there were some original issues that meant I really needed to restart it fresh and copy stuff over to a remake.

Fair enough. I had a quick play with an existing character. Without a collar I got stuck in Synth Retention, but I wasn't expecting it to work under those circumstances.

I really like what you did to the Institute. I reckon it would be worth having even without the player coercion aspect.

Fair enough. I had a quick play with an existing character. Without a collar I got stuck in Synth Retention, but I wasn't expecting it to work under those circumstances.

I really like what you did to the Institute. I reckon it would be worth having even without the player coercion aspect.

Waking up naked in Synth retention was one of the possibilities I meant to add later and make the normal entry the voluntary path.

Pretty much all of my plots revolve around the player being a synth.

You may get defeated by synths who would assume you were an ordinary synth and you wake up in the chair. Then after reprogramming they think worked on you have to explore the institute eventually finding synth Shaun & Father and trying to explain who you are to continue the plot as normal.

Another path was to use the memory lounger to actually transfer your AI into a new synth coming off the production line.

• 1 month later...

Suggestions/Helpful Information for Halstrom:

Not sure if someone has said this already, but there's a few mods out that will integrate well with yours and help with some of your problems.

1: Devious Devices Framework is out and well fleshed out for Fallout 4 now. It includes an easy to use locking collar (more than one honestly, I think), as well as every device being HIGHLY customizable by modders, as it uses purely a keyword system to determine what a device does, no awkward/complicated inheritance. You could literally make a corset that muffles and blinds you, or a blindfold that DOESN'T blind you and just muffles you instead.

It should be pretty easy to get their collar to do whatever you need it to do, go take a peek.

2: Four Play: There's sex animations now, even a prostitution mod by Vinfamy. Human Recreation department could have actual work for the player now, if you chose, because of working sex animations. Edit: Given that Doc Clox has already been talking in this thread, I now notice he may have already told you this. DERP. Sorry to be a parrot, I'm just excited, and it's finals week next week... I'm derpier than ever.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up to try and help out. <3

Yeah, been poking with FourPlay and its inspiring me to mod again, so I'm sort of poking with a mod that simulates the player being a prototype synth at the moment to learn how CK works more. And I have vague desire to do pregnancy or try get the Sinstitute working further.

And one of those ideas is to use Devious Devices for the collars and shackles to start with.

Just got to workout why I can't get this mod to archive/save and learn how to navmesh it properly.

googlefu fallout 4 navmesh how to's and got this

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Category:Navmesh

which also points to a cheat sheet of this

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Navmesh_Cheat_Sheet

That may or may not help you in navmesh'n your mod (or navmeshing a completely new mod).

You can also take a look at the added pieces that this mod sets up and see if you can figure out a good way to navmesh new areas http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22322/?

• 3 weeks later...

Update 20170501.1:

Fix for SilverShroud Outfit in stripping list

Lots of rehashing of outfits, now uses DeviousDevices, Apal, Fortezla, Nano and Pampas, optional esp to use Pampas.

Unknown fixes and new bugs.

Added Workshop benches, but not all working.

Done a few tweaks and now uses the DeviousDevice framework for collars and shackles. And some of the Pampas outfits, currently only for the player. But added Apal Leotards for other workers.

I'm still having problems with the navmesh stuff, and I suspect this is why it won't archive, unfortunately my vision imparement has continued to deteriorate since my 9 month hiatus from when I last worked on this and the CK is not very intuitive, I've forgotten how to do a lot of stuff I did and simply just cannot see some stuff like bounding/activation boxes etc.

Currently because it does not archive I have to go through all the folders manually an create a new data folder structure to save this into before zipping it.

So at this point I am seriously looking at gutting all the floorplan changes in the main concourse to try make it saveable and just altering the existing teleporter room with a dividing wall to add similar entry procedure.

• 2 weeks later...

I see a requirement on there i can not find, fourplay keywords esm. Could you give me a hint where to find it as it is not in the fourplay mod. Also did you fix the disappearing clothing issue or will i have to merge it manually?

Samm

fourplaykeyword.esm has been part of fourplay download for last two updates.

And I didn't have to merge anything manually myself to get clothing working.

Thanks Halstrom,

I installed it and the 'keywords" seems to be 'four_play_resources.ESM" now.

On the part about the clothing I did pretty good, only a few of the NPCs walk around partially naked (mostly torso, arms, legs invisible).

Love the new institute too.

Sam