[Pre-Alpha with bugs] The Sins-titute [WIP]

I'm not very good in english, so sorry for my mistake. 

Basically, When the player go to the terminal with all the keycard and password, the terminal open, you can read the text in the "DIARY" section, but the quest don't go to the next stage. The Mail, Files and Access Log are locked with the message "Valid Access Card not detected". I try with and witout the collar and shakle, but nothing change.

There a video 

https://youtu.be/gYRM4WcsgbQ

I'm not very good in english, so sorry for my mistake. 

Basically, When the player go to the terminal with all the keycard and password, the terminal open, you can read the text in the "DIARY" section, but the quest don't go to the next stage. The Mail, Files and Access Log are locked with the message "Valid Access Card not detected". I try with and witout the collar and shakle, but nothing change.

There a video 

https://youtu.be/gYRM4WcsgbQ

Cool, that narrows down the problem heaps, it seems for some reason the terminal script fragments must not be running then because the diary entries should trigger the quest completion.  

A small bug in the entrance of the Institute... The water ammo from the NukaWorld watergun block the entrance. The ammo for this gun don't appear in the ammo list.

Ah easy fix, will sort that one.

Me again with a another bug...

a lot of npc in the institute have the intercom dialogue by default.

Yep that's because I haven't worked out how to make the intercom dialogue work yet, hopefully it will annoy someone with dialogue experience enough to get them to tell me what I am doing wrong :)

My favourite options - Kellogg gives you the collar and finding collar, But I wonder about conflicting with Far Harbor start- Nick gives you Far From Home after you kill Kellogg.

I really want to test you mod but I also want my radium rifle and warm glow  of Nucleus

Also I second with   brokezor -these would be great and beautiful additional Institute questline. 

I have had Nick mention while in Fort Hagen and before Kellog speaks over the PA 'Ellie wants us back at the office' So if you choose to do Far Harbor with Nick leave then. Soon after Comes the radio message seeking you 'Nicks Partner' to return to office. I have had this happen twice, but its Nick saying it in general chat as you explore in the Fort Which is easily missed with noise and dispatching the synths. 

I like these options too, Particularly Kellog offering the Collar!

Really keen to try this, over 800 hours of avoiding the Dangerous Minds mission and installed with requirements, 

• Requires: Fortazella Wetsuits and Armors, Vioxsis's Institute Slave Collar, GITS Outfit & Goggles, NanoSuits

But got a surprise when i saw this in Mod Manager

SInsitute.esp
Author: Halstrom
Masters:
Fallout4.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm - MISSING
DLCNukaWorld.esm - MISSING
DLCCoast.esm.

Now my question please is this :- What is "DLCworkshop03.esm" ?
I've Searched online but nowhere can i see a specific name of DLC for DLCworkshop03.esm.
is it Contraptions Workshop, Vault-Tec Workshop, or maybe Wasteland Workshop?

I have no interest at all in getting them all.

Really keen to try this, over 800 hours of avoiding the Dangerous Minds mission and installed with requirements,

• Requires: Fortazella Wetsuits and Armors, Vioxsis's Institute Slave Collar, GITS Outfit & Goggles, NanoSuits
But got a surprise when i saw this in Mod Manager

SInsitute.esp

Author: Halstrom

Masters:

Fallout4.esm

DLCworkshop03.esm - MISSING

DLCNukaWorld.esm - MISSING

DLCCoast.esm.

Now my question please is this :- What is "DLCworkshop03.esm" ?

I've Searched online but nowhere can i see a specific name of DLC for DLCworkshop03.esm.

is it Contraptions Workshop, Vault-Tec Workshop, or maybe Wasteland Workshop?

I have no interest at all in getting them all.

Ah I did put somewhere in text requires all DLC's because I may use stuff from all of them eventually, But I'll add it to the requirements too.

Still working on a bug with collar and shackle removal, hope to get an update over the weekend.

Update 20160926.1:

Added Locking to Shackles and added Shackles to Kellogs collar boxes

Added way to unlock player collar and shackles in Institute security menu

Some fixes to strip box requirements like Thirst Zapper ammo

Added Beeping warning for collar teleport, tracking happens in Commonwealth, Nuka World, Far Harbour, Diamond City and Goodneighbour outdoor areas

Added belts and bodysuit2's to lockers

Did some tweaks to the Kellog Terminal issue but couldn't find anything at my end, maybe the script fragments didn't copy over?

Hi! I encounteres some kind of problem: inside the Institute every new NPCs keep saying single phrase "Have you put everything in the box?" and nothing more. Just wondering if it's my installation's problem or it's because of pre-alpha state of mod?

It cause the alph phase of the mod, read the thread please this has been mentioned before

Got to Try this at last, okay here is my findings :- 

1; I did not have the problem of the phrase "have you put everything in the box" as others have had, But did have issue with speaking to the key personnel of the quest Institutionalized.

Asking questions of them i got to ask one question then wasn't possible to ask any more of them. However Li did have the alter pip boy topic.

Doors opened of level 1 and a few higher, got shocks more than I want to admit too  :P

2: After exploring I went on to complete quest Institutionalized but found out it was impossible to complete due to not getting the Network scanner.

3: Exited game soon after but trying next day to reload it crashed twice. The save did load with out the esp running but many were naked :blush: as was I, the Bodysuit was gone. Couldn't do anything more having still no network scanner. Oh and the timer was running again for the collar but not worn.

Hope above helps you. Seeing great potential and already happy to of finally seen inside the Institute. 

That darned Dangerous Minds Quest, once in the memory strands take five steps and poof every time I've Tried. Will try again from previous save with this new update soon.

i'm sad to say that, but ... The computer don't show anything now except for the door's command. :s

Ah yes found that, I screwed up usung an "and" instead of "or" at this point either the passcard is required or hack perk 4 

Got to Try this at last, okay here is my findings :- 

1; I did not have the problem of the phrase "have you put everything in the box" as others have had, But did have issue with speaking to the key personnel of the quest Institutionalized.

Asking questions of them i got to ask one question then wasn't possible to ask any more of them. However Li did have the alter pip boy topic.

Doors opened of level 1 and a few higher, got shocks more than I want to admit too  :P

2: After exploring I went on to complete quest Institutionalized but found out it was impossible to complete due to not getting the Network scanner.

3: Exited game soon after but trying next day to reload it crashed twice. The save did load with out the esp running but many were naked :blush: as was I, the Bodysuit was gone. Couldn't do anything more having still no network scanner. Oh and the timer was running again for the collar but not worn.

Hope above helps you. Seeing great potential and already happy to of finally seen inside the Institute. 

That darned Dangerous Minds Quest, once in the memory strands take five steps and poof every time I've Tried. Will try again from previous save with this new update soon.

1. Yeah I spent a couple of hours trying to workout the intercom dialogue again and failed today. When I get that dialogue working I can then edit Kelloggs to have him offer the collar.

Not all the doors security levels are the same for passcards and collars, some doors are more Synth restricted than others.

2. Ah forgot about that Network scanner, I'll add an option to copy files to a holotape for that quest.

3. I'll have to add something to the scripts so they self delete if the mod isn't installed.

Update 20160927.1:

Fix for Kelloggs Terminal issue

I love the description of this mod and finally got to try it today. I entered the Institute via the teleporter you build in the Molecular Level quest.

Once inside I ran into my first problem. Now likely this is my own fault or some mod I have installed but it kept saying I had one junk item still but my inventory showed nothing there. However, I was able to use the console to remove whatever was there and move on to the next room.

The second problem I ran into was when I equipped the collar. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but after equipping the collar my pipboy becomes invisible. It's still there and functions, but you can't see it.   I double checked that I installed the collar mod correctly and it seems to be right so I'm not sure what's going on. I will note that all I see on my character is the collar, no wrist or ankle shackles. In the shower area after the collar hallway there are a number of lockers with clothes in them. I assume you're supposed to be able to wear them but without being able to see my pipboy it's very difficult to do so.

I also noticed that once you get the quest Institutionalized and I go to talk to the division heads I can't initiate dialogue with anyone.

Anyways, I'm loving what little I've been able to experience so far. It's exciting to see how much progress you've made.

I love the description of this mod and finally got to try it today. I entered the Institute via the teleporter you build in the Molecular Level quest.

Once inside I ran into my first problem. Now likely this is my own fault or some mod I have installed but it kept saying I had one junk item still but my inventory showed nothing there. However, I was able to use the console to remove whatever was there and move on to the next room.

The second problem I ran into was when I equipped the collar. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but after equipping the collar my pipboy becomes invisible. It's still there and functions, but you can't see it.   I double checked that I installed the collar mod correctly and it seems to be right so I'm not sure what's going on. I will note that all I see on my character is the collar, no wrist or ankle shackles. In the shower area after the collar hallway there are a number of lockers with clothes in them. I assume you're supposed to be able to wear them but without being able to see my pipboy it's very difficult to do so.

I also noticed that once you get the quest Institutionalized and I go to talk to the division heads I can't initiate dialogue with anyone.

Anyways, I'm loving what little I've been able to experience so far. It's exciting to see how much progress you've made.

Thanks for the feedback, I really need to know what that item was to take it from the lists and fix it.

I haven't experience any PipBoy issue myself, but I'll check to see if there's something somewhere related, I use a pipboy remover mod myself. The wrist and ankle shackles are only available from the collar boxes in Fort Hagen and Kellogggs House in Diamond city, the intent is to wear an institute uniform of some sort.

The further enslavement would come later when Father dies. I will eventually split the entrance so the Shackles result in the player starting in Synth Recovery as a prisoner.

Its a know bug with the Intercom dialogue screwing up other dialogue, I'll have another go at learning to fix it on the weekend.

Thanks for the feedback, I really need to know what that item was to take it from the lists and fix it.

I haven't experience any PipBoy issue myself, but I'll check to see if there's something somewhere related, I use a pipboy remover mod myself. The wrist and ankle shackles are only available from the collar boxes in Fort Hagen and Kellogggs House in Diamond city, the intent is to wear an institute uniform of some sort.

The further enslavement would come later when Father dies. I will eventually split the entrance so the Shackles result in the player starting in Synth Recovery as a prisoner.

Its a know bug with the Intercom dialogue screwing up other dialogue, I'll have another go at learning to fix it on the weekend.

Just looked up some console commands to list the player's inventory. I'll run that next time I boot the game up and let you know what item is holding me up.

Thanks. I haven't tried just spawning and equipping the collar outside of your quest/mod so I might try doing that next time I play. That might help determine if it's just the collar or something to do with the way your mod implements it.

Ah. Okay. Sounds good. I look forward to trying that.

Okay. I'd read that other people had a similiar bug but most reported that everyone just repeated the intercom line rather than not speaking at all. So, I thought I'd just mention it.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this mod! Might even get me to do an Institute playthrough.

I gave this a try and it's definitely off to a great start, I'm interested in seeing where this goes. Just thought I should mention one issue I encountered:

When first teleporting in and being forced to leave everything in the box, I ended up with one (vanilla) item that's a quest item and therefore can't be deposited, but was being detected and preventing me from progressing. That was the Locket from the Abernathy Farm quest (On this character I'd picked it up while clearing the area, but hadn't got the quest to retrieve it yet). I was able to just remove it with the console to continue with the test, but I thought it would be worth bringing to your attention.

I gave this a try and it's definitely off to a great start, I'm interested in seeing where this goes. Just thought I should mention one issue I encountered:

When first teleporting in and being forced to leave everything in the box, I ended up with one (vanilla) item that's a quest item and therefore can't be deposited, but was being detected and preventing me from progressing. That was the Locket from the Abernathy Farm quest (On this character I'd picked it up while clearing the area, but hadn't got the quest to retrieve it yet). I was able to just remove it with the console to continue with the test, but I thought it would be worth bringing to your attention.

Cool, that's an easy fix I'll have done for next release, there may be a few others too as the lists basically contain every item in Fallout :)

Eventually there will be some script Extender functions that I can replace the lists with, but even then I still need to allow for quest stuff that can't be removed.

Just looked up some console commands to list the player's inventory. I'll run that next time I boot the game up and let you know what item is holding me up.

Thanks. I haven't tried just spawning and equipping the collar outside of your quest/mod so I might try doing that next time I play. That might help determine if it's just the collar or something to do with the way your mod implements it.

Ah. Okay. Sounds good. I look forward to trying that.

Okay. I'd read that other people had a similiar bug but most reported that everyone just repeated the intercom line rather than not speaking at all. So, I thought I'd just mention it.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this mod! Might even get me to do an Institute playthrough.

After some testing I figured out what my problem was. The item that was blocking me was the locket from the Abernathy farm quest. I had the same situation as the other poster who found the locket but hadn't picked up the quest yet. Removing the item allowed me to progress.

I also solved my problem with the disappearing pipboy. Somehow I managed to remove the pipboy from my inventory when I was using the console to remove all the items I had in order to progress. When I only removed the locket this time the collar worked fine and equipping it didn't make my pipboy disappear.

Can't wait to see how the rest of this progresses.

• 3 weeks later...

Love the mod so far, but i have the mod Cheats Menu installed and when you go to put everything into the chest I can't put the cheat menu item into it as it says it's a quest item. i can get passed the itercom dialog  and can talk to all the division heads but everyone keeps saying "have you put everything into the box". i am on the part where it tells me to use the network scanner and can't go any further.